Subject: def5 question
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:50 UTC
Does def5 connect directly to rocksolid2, or does everything go through
def3?

Also, I see this in posts from def2.i2p:

Is there a def2 nntp server, or is def3 identifying as def2 maybe?

Subject: Re: def5 question
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 18:08 UTC
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 09:50:17 -0700
Retro Guy <retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com> wrote:

Does def5 connect directly to rocksolid2, or does everything go
through def3?

Also, I see this in posts from def2.i2p:

Is there a def2 nntp server, or is def3 identifying as def2 maybe?

Or more likely, def2 is identifying as def2 and I just think it's
called def3 :)

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 20:14 UTC
there are two news servers that i run:

-def2, running on def2.i2p, connecting to rocksolid2
-def5, running on def4.i2p, connecting to rocksolid0

both news servers update each other as well.

the fudforum on def3.i2p connects to def5 (and for some groups also to one of the rocksolid servers, i forgot which one now).

so the setup is a little complicated, and i was not consistent with the naming either...

cheers

trw-- Posted on def2

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 20:43 UTC
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 20:14:22 -0000 (UTC)
anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) wrote:

there are two news servers that i run:

-def2, running on def2.i2p, connecting to rocksolid2
-def5, running on def4.i2p, connecting to rocksolid0

Ok, thanks! I had def2 setup as def3. It worked, but I had the path
token wrong in newsfeeds. I just fixed that.

both news servers update each other as well.

Always a good idea.

so the setup is a little complicated, and i was not consistent with
the naming either...

Seems to work fine, which is the most important.