rocksolid / rocksolid.programming / Re: vichan to do list

SubjectAuthor
* vichan to do listAnonymous
+- threadsAnonymous
+* subjectAnonymous
|`* Re: subjectRetro Guy
| `* Re: subjectRetro Guy
|  `* Re: subjectRetro Guy
|   `- Re: subjectanon
+* status updateAnonymous
|`* Re: status updateRetro Guy
| `* Re: status updateRetro Guy
|  +- Re: status updateRetro Guy
|  `* Re: status updateanon
|   +* Re: status updateanon
|   |`* Re: status updateRetro Guy
|   | `* Re: status updateanon
|   |  `* Re: status updateanon
|   |   `* Re: status updateRetro Guy
|   |    +- Re: status updateRetro Guy
|   |    `* Re: status updateanon
|   |     `* Re: status updateRetro Guy
|   |      `- Re: status updateRetro Guy
|   `- Re: status updateRetro Guy
+* Re: vichan to do listanon
|+- Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|`* Re: vichan to do listanon
| `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|  `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|   `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|    `* Re: vichan to do listanonymous
|     `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|      `* Re: vichan to do listanon
|       `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|        `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|         `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|          `* Re: vichan to do listanon
|           +- Re: vichan to do listanon
|           `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|            `* Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
|             `* Re: vichan to do listanonymous
|              `* Re: vichan to do listanonymous
|               +- Re: vichan to do listanonymous
|               `- Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
+* Re: vichan to do listanon
|`* Re: vichan to do listanon
| `- Re: vichan to do listMarc SCHAEFER
+* Re: vichan to do listanon
|`- Re: vichan to do listRetro Guy
+* i just uploaded my code hereAnonymous
|`- Re: i just uploaded my code hereRetro Guy
+- so far seems to workAnonymous
+- alright, multi server updateAnonymous
+* posting to new serverAnonymous
|`- Re: posting to new serverRetro Guy
+- errorAnonymous
+* posting articlesAnonymous
|`- Re: posting articlesRetro Guy
+* alright, i have it goingAnonymous
|`* Re: alright, i have it goingRetro Guy
| `- Re: alright, i have it goingRetro Guy
+* overchanAnonymous
|`- Re: overchanRetro Guy
+- send to rslightAnonymous
+- btw, what about your vichan ?Anonymous
+* jsonAnonymous
|`- Re: jsonMarc SCHAEFER
+- jsonAnonymous
+- date problemsAnonymous
+- ok, fixed the dateAnonymous
+* almost donetrw
|`- Re: almost doneRetro Guy
+- almost doneAnonymous
`* latest codeAnonymous
 `* Re: latest codeRetro Guy
  `* Re: latest codeRetro Guy
   `* Re: latest codeanon
    `* Re: latest codeRetro Guy
     `* Re: latest codeanon
      `* Re: latest codeanon
       `* Re: latest codeanon
        `- Re: latest codeanon

Subject: Re: vichan to do list
From: anonymous@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 12:23 UTC
i have downloaded, renamed the script and put the other script in /scripts, but
vichan 1
 just gives me a blank line.
z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 13:04 UTC
anonymous wrote:

i have downloaded, renamed the script and put the other script in /scripts, but
vichan 1
 just gives me a blank line.

I'm not at my main computer right now, so I can't look at it. The script, vichan.php, expects to be in /etc/rslight/scripts, and expects articles in /var/spool/rslight/articles

If you run ./vichan.php 90 rocksolid.shared.test, it should output the result.

If not, it's something simple, but I'm not where I can offer more info atm. It works fine on my end (I run it on my test system).

Feel free to try the VICHAN command again on the test server nntp server.

news.novabbs.com

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 17:39 UTC

Feel free to try the VICHAN command again on the test server nntp server.

I could reach your server now, and tried it. It works well for articles with text only, for articles with attachments it returns nothing.

See this, for example:

vichan <ts.368.2r2bix@anon.com>

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 20:32 UTC

the error is in line 97, the new function is called vichan_message_read. working now :-)

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 23:07 UTC
anon wrote:

the error is in line 97, the new function is called vichan_message_read. working now :-)

Oops, forgot to change that, thanks!

www.novabbs.com

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 23:18 UTC
anon wrote:

Feel free to try the VICHAN command again on the test server nntp server.

I could reach your server now, and tried it. It works well for articles with text only, for articles with attachments it returns nothing.

See this, for example:

vichan <ts.368.2r2bix@anon.com>

It also currently only accepts an article number, not message-id. I didn't put a lot of effort into implementing the command until we decide whether we want it. If so, adding message-id is easy, I already do it for the article command.

www.novabbs.com

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 06:14 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

anon wrote:

Feel free to try the VICHAN command again on the test server nntp server.

I could reach your server now, and tried it. It works well for articles with text only, for articles with attachments it returns nothing.

See this, for example:

vichan <ts.368.2r2bix@anon.com>

It also currently only accepts an article number, not message-id. I didn't put a lot of effort into implementing the command until we decide whether we want it. If so, adding message-id is easy, I already do it for the article command.

I have added ability to pull article by message-id for each command:
ARTICLE
BODY
HEAD
VICHAN

Also, I have applied your fix to vichan.php, thanks!

This is running on the test site right now.

www.novabbs.com

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 06:20 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

anon wrote:

Feel free to try the VICHAN command again on the test server nntp server.

I could reach your server now, and tried it. It works well for articles with text only, for articles with attachments it returns nothing.

See this, for example:

vichan <ts.368.2r2bix@anon.com>

It also currently only accepts an article number, not message-id. I didn't put a lot of effort into implementing the command until we decide whether we want it. If so, adding message-id is easy, I already do it for the article command.

I have added ability to pull article by message-id for each command:
ARTICLE
BODY
HEAD
VICHAN

Also, I have applied your fix to vichan.php, thanks!

This is running on the test site right now.

I've just uploaded nntp.php and vichan.php to the download site. I moved this stuff into a subdir '/testing'.

vichan.php contains your fix.
nntp.php supports vichan, and search by message-id

www.novabbs.com

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 01:01 UTC

a little update:

the good part: i could integrate your code, and together with the other lib i could build a solution that works locally without interfering with rslight (to be confirmed, of course).
that could be made into a solution that runs also without a local newsserver if vichan_message_read could get the article from a news server instead of reading it from the spool.
Also, I managed now to give the articles directly to vichan, without writing it to disk first and I can also capture the reply and do something with it, like syncing again later in case of errors (not implemented yet). All this makes the syncing faster and more reliable.
On the bad side, I have apparently trashed my vichan installation with all the hacking and trying i did, and I can't figure out what I broke exactly. So this will take some more time, until I know all the ins and outs of this software. cheers

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 01:30 UTC

On the bad side, I have apparently trashed my vichan

note to self: rtfm. was setting an option to true where a regex was expected.