From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 20:30:09 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 20:30 UTC

Covid: New UK cases record as Whitty warns worse to come
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59673150?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 7:27 PM
Prof Chris Whitty says Omicron is moving at a phenomenal pace, after 78,610 people test positive in a day.
--------------------
David Fuller: Killer who abused mortuary bodies will die in jail
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-59601656?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 4:01 PM
David Fuller killed Wendy Knell and Caroline Pierce in 1987, and abused 102 female corpses.
--------------------
Star Hobson murder: Savannah Brockhill jailed for 25 years
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-59672858?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 7:31 PM
The toddler killed by her mother's partner was "caught in the crossfire" of a toxic relationship.
--------------------
Katie Price given suspended jail term after Sussex drink-driving crash
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-59643479?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 4:49 PM
The TV star and former model is given a 16-week suspended jail term for driving offences in Sussex.
--------------------
Hotel quarantine guests can leave and will be refunded
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59670486?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 6:56 PM
Guests told they can leave from 4pm on Wednesday and will be refunded for the days they have not used.
--------------------
Covid: Record UK cases reported as travellers abandon hotel quarantine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59672314?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 5:58 PM
Five things you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic this Wednesday evening.
--------------------
New York City names first female police chief
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59672998?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 3:26 PM
Keechant Sewell, 49, will be the first woman to lead the US's largest police force in its 176 years.
--------------------
Omicron: Music venues report 'catastrophic' audience declines
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59665134?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 2:29 PM
Music venues, cinemas, comedy clubs and more feel the effects of concerns about the Omicron variant.
--------------------
Conservative Christmas party was unacceptable, says Grant Shapps
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59665955?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 2:17 PM
Mayoral candidate Shaun Bailey and members of his campaign team broke Covid rules last year at Tory HQ.
--------------------
Social care: Official advisers want immigration rules to be eased
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59674900?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 6:48 PM
The government's official migration advisers say the sector faces "severe" problems finding staff.
--------------------
bell hooks: Author and feminist dies aged 69
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59672683?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 6:42 PM
Her niece confirmed the writer died on Wednesday "surrounded by her family and friends".
--------------------
Megan Thee Stallion 'told to dance' by Tory Lanez before alleged shooting
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-59666623?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 4:17 PM
Rapper Tory Lanez is accused of hurting the songwriter after a party in Hollywood in July 2020.
--------------------
Lewis Hamilton gets knighthood from Prince Charles
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59666530?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 12:47 PM
Lewis Hamilton receives his knighthood just three days after he was denied an eighth Formula 1 drivers' title.
--------------------
Strictly Come Dancing star AJ Odudu injured and on crutches ahead of final
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59664148?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 2:52 PM
The TV presenter has sustained a foot injury and has been unable to rehearse.
--------------------
Swansea grandmother breaks bauble Guinness World Record
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59664138?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 8:12 AM
Sylvia Pope, fondly known as Nanna Baubles, is the proud owner of 1,760 festive ornaments.
--------------------
Southern right whales: Tracking unexpected Southern Ocean migrations
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59646562?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 12:12 AM
New Zealand scientists have used satellite tags to follow whales around the Southern Ocean.
--------------------
Exploring sibling relationships through the lens
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-58157397?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 1:05 AM
After reflecting on the loss of his sister, Simon Bray set out on a photo project to explore sibling connections.
--------------------
CEO Secrets: How a lockdown wine business went viral
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59656851?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 12:02 AM
Partner in Wine founder Lucy Hitchcock shares ideas on becoming a ‘biz-fluencer’ for CEO Secrets.
--------------------
David Fuller: How police caught a killer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59660424?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 12:13 AM
Familial DNA techniques helped police arrest the perpetrator of two murders from over 30 years ago.
--------------------
Spider-Man: No Way Home plays the 'greatest hits' and pleases critics
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59650168?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 14, 2021, 4:12 PM
No Way Home brings Tom Holland's superhero together with characters from previous eras.
--------------------
My parcel was delivered to my bin on collection day
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-59650468?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 14, 2021, 3:55 PM
It seems deliveries to bins are common, but what are your rights if your package goes missing?
--------------------
How to make electricity for your neighbours
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-59635134?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 14, 2021, 1:14 AM
Sick of waiting for electricity to reach his home, a Kenyan man built his own power plant
--------------------
On the front line as Afghan children battle malnutrition and measles
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59637586?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 1:54 PM
The BBC reports from a hospital in remote Ghor province which is struggling to cope.
--------------------
David Fuller: The sisters killed in a car crash, abused after death
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-59671657?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 5:01 PM
A woman whose daughters were abused in a mortuary by David Fuller says "there is no more joy".
--------------------
Covid passports: 'As an artist I feel safer that people are tested'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-59667395?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 5:19 PM
What do those who run and visit places which now need Covid passports make of the changes?
--------------------
James Webb: A $10bn machine in search of the end of darkness
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-59476869?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 12:59 AM
The biggest space telescope ever built is ready to show us the first stars to light up the cosmos.
--------------------
Overcrowding: School doesn't understand why I fall asleep in class
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-59657873?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 1:28 AM
Ridwan is one of more than a million children without enough space at home.
--------------------
Console shortages: Why can't I buy the Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-59476611?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 7:26 AM
Chinese power cuts, the pandemic and other reasons you can't get your hands on gaming hardware.
--------------------
Star Hobson: The short life and death of a beloved toddler
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-59599884?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 14, 2021, 11:15 AM
How did a toddler loved and adored by many end up dead after months of physical and emotional abuse?
--------------------
Kentucky tornadoes: A miraculous escape after a candle factory's collapse
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59659513?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 14, 2021, 7:57 PM
Colleagues sang Happy Birthday to Kyanna Parsons-Perez after a tornado buried them all in rubble.
--------------------
Boris Johnson's biggest Commons rebellion - and why it matters
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59661619?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 12:50 AM
Two years after his greatest triumph, the PM couldn't head off a mass Tory rejection of Covid measures.
--------------------
Ethiopia civil war: How PM Abiy led fight-back against rebel advance
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-59552888?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 1:02 AM
Abiy Ahmed has thwarted a rebel advance on the capital a year into a brutal civil war.
--------------------
Covid: 'Quarantine hotel fiasco has cost us £5,500'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59650268?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 14, 2021, 7:21 PM
People staying in government-approved hotels have complained of inedible food and feeling unsafe.
--------------------
'We sometimes hated each other' - champion Verstappen on Hamilton relationship
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59672474?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 6:46 PM
Max Verstappen says that he and Lewis Hamilton "sometimes hated each other" this year but that the mutual respect between them remains high.
--------------------
Sports Personality 2021: Emma Raducanu - meet the contender
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/sports-personality/59612699?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 13, 2021, 8:34 AM
BBC Sport takes a look at Sports Personality of the Year contender Emma Raducanu.
--------------------
Watford's match at Burnley off because of Covid outbreak
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59673851?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 5:51 PM
Burnley's Premier League match at home to Watford on Wednesday is postponed because of an ongoing Covid outbreak within the visitors' squad.
--------------------
Sergio Aguero: Five reasons why Manchester City striker is a Premier League legend
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/57122376?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
May 21, 2021, 5:40 AM
As Sergio Aguero announces his retirement, BBC Sport looks at some of his greatest moments.
--------------------
Covid passports: Where will I need a pass and how do I get one?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55718553?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 3:08 PM
People in England now need to show their Covid status to get into nightclubs and many other venues.
--------------------
Covid-19 in the UK: How many coronavirus cases are there in my area?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 4:48 PM
Explore the data on coronavirus in the UK and find out how many cases there are in your area.
--------------------
Covid: What are the social distancing rules this Christmas?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 14, 2021, 3:50 PM
People in Scotland are being advised to limit mixing with other households in the run-up to Christmas.
--------------------
Omicron: Who can have a booster jab and how do I book one?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 15, 2021, 4:19 PM
Booster campaigns are being brought forward across the UK, over fears about the Omicron variant.
--------------------
Omicron: What are the Covid self-isolation rules now?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-54239922?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 14, 2021, 9:14 AM
The rules around self-isolation have changed across the UK because of the Omicron variant.
--------------------
Is a million boosters a day achievable? And other questions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51176409?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 13, 2021, 1:04 PM
The government has announced an ambitious plan to offer boosters to all adults in England.
--------------------
Omicron: Should I be working from home now?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52567567?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 14, 2021, 3:27 PM
People across the UK are now being advised to work at home where possible.
--------------------
The ultra-violent cult that became a global mafia
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-59614595?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 13, 2021, 12:01 AM
A BBC investigation into Black Axe has unearthed new evidence of political infiltration, and a scamming and killing operation spanning the globe.
--------------------
Storm Arwen: Why power cuts left people unable to phone for help
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-59564480?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 1:10 AM
People with new digital phone lines were unable to call for help during the Storm Arwen power cuts.
--------------------
Meth and heroin fuel Afghanistan drugs boom
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59608474?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 12, 2021, 12:18 AM
With a collapsing economy and severe drought, Afghanistan’s drug trade is on the rise.
--------------------
Afghan women: Secret diaries of changing lives
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59578618?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:18 AM
Five women's secret diary posts, sent to the BBC, reveal how deeply the Taliban takeover has affected them.

--
Rocksolid Light Development Site

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o BBC News

By: rslight rss feeds on Wed, 15 Dec 2021

0rslight rss feeds