Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 20:17:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Ralphs Reaction
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 03:17 UTC

Hmmmmm looks like there is a culture red flag...... maybe they didnt consult Judge on this one! Brandishing a paint ball gun that looked like an AR 15?

Ralph's Reaction
Clearly, Dave Gettleman wanted to do whatever he could to add more weapons for quarterback Daniel Jones.

It makes sense, since this is a critical year for the young quarterback, and because the Giants need to revive what was a horrific offense last season.. He wanted Alabama receiver DeVonta Smith. But once the Eagles traded up to grab him ahead of the Giants, Gettleman traded down and landed Toney instead.

Now, the 6-foot, 199-pound Toney isn’t nearly as polished, explosive or productive as Smith. But he is a very versatile playmaker. He can play on the outside or out of the slot, he can be dangerous as a runner, and he has returned punts and kicks. For the Giants, he will be a weapon that offensive coordinator Jason Garrett will just have to find ways to use.

Toney isn’t without risk. He had some injury issues at Florida and only one season of good production. He also has off-field issues which included a suspension for the season opener in 2018 when he was involved in a confrontation between some football players and local residents of Gainesville, Fla. In that incident, Toney reportedly had an air gun painted to look like an AR-15.

The Giants obviously are comfortable with whatever risk there is, though, especially since many scouts thought he was the next best receiver in the draft, after the big three. Yes, it’s a let down that they didn’t get Smith. But remember, they got the Chicago Bears’ 2022 first-rounder to drop from 11 to 20.

That makes the Toney pick a little more exciting, even if the player isn’t exciting as the one they really wanted to select.

Re: Ralphs Reaction

<40e7d2b4-0040-442c-9ebf-7f8bb840ca03n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1011&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1011

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 20:21:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Ralphs Reaction
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 30 Apr 2021 03:21 UTC

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:17:40 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> Hmmmmm looks like there is a culture red flag...... maybe they didnt consult Judge on this one! Brandishing a paint ball gun that looked like an AR 15?
>
> Ralph's Reaction
> Clearly, Dave Gettleman wanted to do whatever he could to add more weapons for quarterback Daniel Jones.
>
> It makes sense, since this is a critical year for the young quarterback, and because the Giants need to revive what was a horrific offense last season. He wanted Alabama receiver DeVonta Smith. But once the Eagles traded up to grab him ahead of the Giants, Gettleman traded down and landed Toney instead.
>
> Now, the 6-foot, 199-pound Toney isn’t nearly as polished, explosive or productive as Smith. But he is a very versatile playmaker. He can play on the outside or out of the slot, he can be dangerous as a runner, and he has returned punts and kicks. For the Giants, he will be a weapon that offensive coordinator Jason Garrett will just have to find ways to use.
>
> Toney isn’t without risk. He had some injury issues at Florida and only one season of good production. He also has off-field issues which included a suspension for the season opener in 2018 when he was involved in a confrontation between some football players and local residents of Gainesville, Fla. In that incident, Toney reportedly had an air gun painted to look like an AR-15.
>
> The Giants obviously are comfortable with whatever risk there is, though, especially since many scouts thought he was the next best receiver in the draft, after the big three. Yes, it’s a let down that they didn’t get Smith. But remember, they got the Chicago Bears’ 2022 first-rounder to drop from 11 to 20.
>
> That makes the Toney pick a little more exciting, even if the player isn’t exciting as the one they really wanted to select.

Or make that an "Air gun painted to look like an AR 15" WTF is an air gun? Maybe it is a paintball gun! I know what an AR-15 is.