From: Brian_W_...@msn.com (Brian Lawrence)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Some podium trivia
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 10:40:01 +0100
 by: Brian Lawrence - Wed, 19 May 2021 09:40 UTC

While searching for something else I found a webpage that listed
the nine women who have collected the team trophy:

1986 GBR Lady Virginia Williams Williams

2013 BRN Gill Jones Red Bull

2015 Abd Kim Stevens Mercedes

2016 USA Victoria Vowles Mercedes

2019 CDN Margarita Torres Diez Mercedes
2019 BRA Hannah Schmitz Red Bull
2019 Abd Britta Seeger Mercedes

2020 AUT Holly Chapman Mercedes
2020 Sty Stephanie Travers Mercedes

The 1986 British GP was about four months after Frank's accident, so
Ginny accepted the trophy.

<https://thisisafrica.me/africans-rising/zimbabwe-stephanie-travers-mercedes-amg-f1-trackside-fluid-engineer/>

There have been none since last year's Stiermark GP - the most recent n
the article, but I checked all the podiums since then.

At last year's British GP the trophy was accepted for Mercedes by Gilles
Pironi.

<https://www.grandprix.com/news/didier-pironis-son-on-silverstone-podium.html>

Re: Some podium trivia

<igq6i8Fj4mmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10343&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10343

From: Brian_W_...@msn.com (Brian Lawrence)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Re: Some podium trivia
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 17:48:08 +0100
 by: Brian Lawrence - Fri, 21 May 2021 16:48 UTC

On 19/05/2021 10:40, Brian Lawrence wrote:

> While searching for something else I found a webpage that listed
> the nine women who have collected the team trophy:
>
> 1986 GBR  Lady Virginia Williams   Williams

The website included a photo of Ginny holding the trophy, however,
this instance differs from the others in the list. The British GP
has usually presented the same trophy to the winning driver, with
the current trophy called the Royal Automobile Club Trophy being
first presented in 1974. AFAIK few, if any, other GPs had permanent
trophies. The current 'constructors trophies' are designed for each
event and are kept by the winning teams. So at Silverstone & Brands
the team boss would often be pictured holding the trophy presented to
the winning driver.

There are photos online of Sir Frank holding the same trophy at the
1985 European GP, held at Brands, and won by Mansell.

At some point the FIA/F1 decided that a team representative would
receive more ordnary trophies on the podium. In the early years it was
usually the team principals who collected it. This practice was well
established by 1992, when Flav could be seen spraying champagne after
MSC won for Benetton - and later as Renault team boss. Jean Todt,
Ross Brawn & Ron Dennis were regulars from the late 'eighties, and
more recently Christian Horner and Toto Wolff, have been seen on the podium.

I had wondered if Patrick Head might have received some trophies when
Williams used to win, after Frank's accident, but so far haven't found
any. I have seen one or two where a Williams team member was on the
podium, not always identified by name.