From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,aus.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket
Subject: 'To hell with the spirit of the game' - Hardik unfussed about
non-striker run-outs
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 01:08:40 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 08:08 UTC

Just IMAGINE if Wasim made it to strikers end without getting run out
and Pak won in Super over.

Which is why, all cricket players MUST MOVE ON from the spirit of
cricket past and LIVE IN THE MOMENT and PLAY BY THE "NEW RULES".

https://twitter.com/PeterDellaPenna/status/1585648159295909888
Wasim had left the non-striker's end before Evans leaped into his
delivery stride, huge start. Raza's best option for a runout was always
striker's end.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/to-hell-with-the-spirit-of-the-game-hardik-unfussed-about-non-striker-run-outs-1341573

'To hell with the spirit of the game' - Hardik unfussed about
non-striker run-outs

"If it's there, then remove the rule - as simple as that. The ones who
have a problem, good for them; it's fine"

India allrounder Hardik Pandya is fine with bowlers running non-strikers
out if they stray out of the crease. Speaking on The ICC Review podcast,
ahead of the start of the T20 World Cup in Australia, Hardik also said
he isn't fussed about spirit-of-cricket debates around the mode of
dismissal.

"We need to stop making a fuss about this. It's a rule - [as] simple as
that," Hardik said. "To hell with the spirit of the game. If it's there,
[then] remove the rule - as simple as that. The ones who have a problem,
good for them; it's fine.

"Personally, I have no problem. If I am walking out [of the crease], and
someone runs me out - fair enough. It's my mistake, not the bowler's. He
is taking the rules to his advantage - [as] simple as that. That'll not
make a big deal."

The debate surrounding the spirit of cricket and fairness of such a
dismissal was reignited last month when Deepti Sharma ran Charlie Dean
out at Lord's in the deciding ODI of the series between England and
India. England were nine down and needed 17 off 39 balls before Deepti
flicked the bails off to catch Dean short.

Earlier this March, the MCC had de-stigmatised running non-strikers out
by shifting the move of a player being run out by the bowler while
backing up from Law 41 (which deals with unfair play) to Law 38 (which
deals with run-outs) in its recent update. More recently Australia quick
Mitchell Starc suggested umpires use on-ground cameras to make
"short-run" calls if the non-striker tries to gain an advantage. Starc
spoke after informally warning Jos Buttler about the England batter
leaving the non-striker's end before he released the ball. Starc felt
that docking the batting side a run in such circumstances would leave
"no grey area".

"Every time the batter leaves the crease before the front foot lands,
dock them a run. There's no grey area then," he had said. "And in T20
cricket where runs are so handy at the back end and games can be decided
by one, two, three runs all the time, if all of a sudden you get docked
20 runs because a batter's leaving early, you're going to stop doing it,
aren't you?"

Bowlers like R Ashwin have been vocal about promoting the use of the
dismissal, having run Buttler out the same way in an IPL game in 2019.
Running a non-striker out has historically been one of cricket's most
controversial and opinion-dividing topics. In the past, bowlers who
practiced running non-strikers out - like West Indies' Keemo Paul, for
example, at an Under-19 World Cup game - have taken a step back from
doing so after receiving backlash over their decision.

Re: 'To hell with the spirit of the game' - Hardik unfussed about non-striker run-outs

<tjjj3n$1pso$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1049&group=rec.sport.cricket#1049

From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,aus.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket
non-striker run-outs
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 09:07:16 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 16:07 UTC

On 10/29/2022 1:08 AM, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:

> Just IMAGINE if Wasim made it to strikers end without getting run out
> and Pak won in Super over.
>
> Which is why, all cricket players MUST MOVE ON from the spirit of
> cricket past and LIVE IN THE MOMENT and PLAY BY THE "NEW RULES".

I phrased it wrong.

I meant

Just IMAGINE the CONTROVERSY if Wasim barely made it to strikers end,
with Pak needing one run to win on the last ball and the ball thrown to
strikers end.