They also surf who only stand on waves.

sport / rec.autos.sport.cart / Re: Imola GP weekend cancelled due to bad weather

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Imola GP weekend cancelled due to bad weathera425couple
`- Re: Imola GP weekend cancelled due to bad weathera425couple

1
Re: Imola GP weekend cancelled due to bad weather

<eZO9M.3034926$iS99.2846495@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=105&group=rec.autos.sport.cart#105

Subject: Re: Imola GP weekend cancelled due to bad weather
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.cart
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 11:11:21 -0700
 by: a425couple - Fri, 19 May 2023 18:11 UTC

On 5/19/23 10:56, Mr Gobrien wrote:

>> Remember that a blank week on the F1 calendar doesn't necessarily mean a
>> free weekend at the Imola track. Facilities like that are usually pretty
>> busy...
>>

> that is true i suppose - i wasn't thinking about that - i imagine they'd move a domestic event if offered the gp as a replacement though.

A couple of years ago our club felt we had a firm contract with a
local track, and we had paid for it. Then months later they told
us that we were cancelled and a big national series was in.
We said you can not do that. They said yes we can. They claimed
the contact said they could. We could not see any way the contract
allowed it, they said it did.
Considered suing,,, but then had to think better of it.
They did try to give us good dates the next year.....

Re: Imola GP weekend cancelled due to bad weather

<H8T9M.2053143$gGD7.1702053@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=109&group=rec.autos.sport.cart#109

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.cart
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 15:56:38 -0700
 by: a425couple - Fri, 19 May 2023 22:56 UTC

On 5/19/23 11:11, a425couple wrote:
> On 5/19/23 10:56, Mr Gobrien wrote:
>>
>>> Remember that a blank week on the F1 calendar doesn't necessarily mean a
>>> free weekend at the Imola track. Facilities like that are usually pretty
>>> busy...
>>>

>> that is true i suppose - i wasn't thinking about that - i imagine
>> they'd move a domestic event if offered the gp as a replacement though.
>
> A couple of years ago our club felt we had a firm contract with a
> local track, and we had paid for it.  Then months later they told
> us that we were cancelled and a big national series was in.
> We said you can not do that.  They said yes we can.  They claimed
> the contact said they could.  We could not see any way the contract
> allowed it, they said it did.
> Considered suing,,, but then had to think better of it.
> They did try to give us good dates the next year.....

But anyway, more to the point of F1 in 2023 and Imola,
I am fairly sure they will just skip it, 22 is plenty
of races and trying to shoehorn in a forced change
would be difficult.