From: FBInCIAn...@yahoo.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,aus.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket
Subject: NSW CEO Lee Germaon, Tom Moody and Tabraiz Shamshi criticized batsmen
taking UNFAIR ADVANTAGE
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 03:02:18 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 11:02 UTC

“For a bowler to run out a batter who is trying to gain an unfair
advantage by leaving the crease before the ball has been delivered is
both fair and legal,” Germon said in a statement. There are no two ways
about it, and we want our players, match officials and volunteers to
know that they have our full support in upholding the laws of cricket,
in this and every other instance.

Lee Germon, Tom Moody said Batters are getting UNFAIR ADVANTAGE by
leaving the crease before the ball is released.

‘Mankad vilified, but for what? Conjures negative experience for many
people of Indian heritage’: NSW CEO supports Adam Zampa

Zampa’s run-out was ruled not out as he had completed his action - the
bowling shoulder had gone beyond the perpendicular- before taking out
the bails.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/mankad-vilified-but-for-what-conjures-negative-experience-for-many-people-of-indian-heritage-nsw-ceo-supports-adam-zampa-8362426/

A day after Melbourne Star’s coach David Hussey had slammed his own
player Adam Zampa for attempting a run out after the non-striker backed
out of the crease too early, the New South Wales CEO Lee Germon, former
New Zealand captain, has issued a strong statement in support of Zampa.

Zampa’s run-out was ruled not out as he had completed his action – the
bowling shoulder had gone beyond the perpendicular- before taking out
the bails. Zampa said he was “within his right” to run out but his coach
Hussey had said: “”I spoke to Zamps [Adam Zampa] already and he said if
it had been given out we would have withdrawn our appeal anyway. It’s
not the right way to play cricket yet. It’s more of a warning to the
batter to not leave too early because at the end of the innings, that’s
what generally happens.”

Former Australian cricketer Tom Moody had called out Hussey on his
remark: “”Interesting… ‘not the right way to play cricket’ is that the
batter stealing ground or the bowler calling the batter out??” And the
current South African spinner Tabrez Shamsi had tweeted to Moody, in
support of Zampa, “I think the batter stealing ground is what he might
be referring to coach. The only valid answer here lol.”

Now the NSW CEO’s official statement has taken the issue further.

“For a bowler to run out a batter who is trying to gain an unfair
advantage by leaving the crease before the ball has been delivered is
both fair and legal,” Germon said in a statement. There are no two ways
about it, and we want our players, match officials and volunteers to
know that they have our full support in upholding the laws of cricket,
in this and every other instance.

“The pressure placed on match officials, most of whom are wonderful
volunteers, to deal with something that evokes so much emotion is
unnecessary. The law is clear and we want the officials to feel
supported in knowing that and not be pressured by an outdated school of
thought.”

Lee Germon also called out the usage of Mankading to refer this form of
run out. ““It has been 75-years since Vinoo Mankad twice ran out
Australian Bill Brown, drawing the ire of some in the game,” Germon
said. “Mankad has been vilified ever since, but for what? He carried out
a legitimate act to dismiss a batter who was trying to gain an unfair
advantage. Even the great Sir Donald Bradman has said there was nothing
wrong with what Vinoo Mankad did.

“We now know this also conjures up a negative experience for many people
and cricketers of Indian heritage. It is unfair and needs to stop.”