[Babe] Ruth made a big mistake when he gave up pitching. -- Tris Speaker, 1921

sport / rec.autos.sport.f1 / Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

SubjectAuthor
* Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedMr Gobrien
+* Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedDex
|`* Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedMark Jackson
| +- Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedalister
| `* Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedbuild
|  `* Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedMark Jackson
|   `- Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedbuild
+* Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedalister
|+* Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedDex
||`- Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedtexas gate
|+- Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedtexas gate
|+- Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedtexas gate
|`* Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedtexas gate
| `- Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedalister
`- Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attackedtexas gate

1
Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<852df0ed-ab80-42a0-81cc-da5cff111f4fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10877&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10877

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 02:35:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked
after a football game
From: mr_gobr...@yahoo.co.uk (Mr Gobrien)
 by: Mr Gobrien - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 09:35 UTC

In case you really thought that Rupert Murdoch etc really cared about the Bulgers and Dowlers and Paynes etc and wasn't just trying to sell newspapers (just how naive were you?)

"Wah! Wah! Wah! Lewis is mixing Sport and Politics - they shouldn't be mixed."

But just look at all the digs at Nicola Sturgeon and The SNP after the England v Scotland football game - so no "mixing of Sport and Politics" there then (by the same people criticising Lewis) - eh?

Like the people said war veterans shouldn't be criticised over anything - well until they marry a black woman like war veteran Prince Harry of course.

As David Cameron said about UKIP - fruitcakes, loonies, and closet racists. Yet more proof.

Murdoch claims we stopped being Christian because of Moslems - well I've seen Jesus Of Nazareth pal and Murdoch is no Robert Powell - if he was then Jesus would have known the Romans were coming for him because he'd have Hacked their phones beforehand - in fact after King Herod's rampage he'd have hacked the phones of all the dead kids.

(I'm only surprised that Michael Howard hasn't arranged sloping train platforms at school home time when HS/2 reaches Liverpool - especially if a Tory leadership contest is coming up - then again every "street-wise" Scouse was tricked by him until Anne Widdecome outed him)

Trolling over.

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<sal852$q17$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10881&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10881

From: vai...@nospam.today (Dex)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
after a football game
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 18:05:38 +0100
 by: Dex - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 17:05 UTC

On 19/06/2021 10:35, Mr Gobrien wrote:

> In case you really thought that Rupert Murdoch etc really cared about the Bulgers and Dowlers and Paynes etc and wasn't just trying to sell newspapers (just how naive were you?)
>
> "Wah! Wah! Wah! Lewis is mixing Sport and Politics - they shouldn't be mixed."
>
> But just look at all the digs at Nicola Sturgeon and The SNP after the England v Scotland football game - so no "mixing of Sport and Politics" there then (by the same people criticising Lewis) - eh?
>
> Trolling over.

https://media.balls.ie/uploads/2021/06/19071909/sun.jpg

The UN compiling a list of those that took part in sports in apartheid
South Africa, plus the 1980 and 1984 Summer Olympic boycotts was when I
first noticed it, although I bet its been going on for centuries.

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<ij6o9nFe9rlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10882&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10882

From: mjack...@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
after a football game
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 13:36:50 -0400
 by: Mark Jackson - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 17:36 UTC

On 6/19/2021 1:05 PM, Dex wrote:
> On 19/06/2021 10:35, Mr Gobrien wrote:
>>
>> In case you really thought that Rupert Murdoch etc really cared about
>> the Bulgers and Dowlers and Paynes etc and wasn't just trying to sell
>> newspapers (just how naive were you?)
>>
>> "Wah! Wah! Wah! Lewis is mixing Sport and Politics - they shouldn't be
>> mixed."
>>
>> But just look at all the digs at Nicola Sturgeon and The SNP after the
>> England v Scotland football game - so no "mixing of Sport and
>> Politics" there then (by the same people criticising Lewis) - eh?
>>
>> Trolling over.
>>

> https://media.balls.ie/uploads/2021/06/19071909/sun.jpg
>
> The UN compiling a list of those that took part in sports in apartheid
> South Africa, plus the 1980 and 1984 Summer Olympic boycotts was when I
> first noticed it, although I bet its been going on for centuries.

First one I noticed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salute

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
If mockery could solve our problems, we’d have no problems at all.

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<sIqzI.266989$O2a8.9855@fx02.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10884&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10884

From: alister....@ntlworld.com (alister)
after a football game
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 18:29:44 GMT
 by: alister - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 18:29 UTC

On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 13:36:50 -0400, Mark Jackson wrote:

> On 6/19/2021 1:05 PM, Dex wrote:
>> On 19/06/2021 10:35, Mr Gobrien wrote:
>>>
>>> In case you really thought that Rupert Murdoch etc really cared about
>>> the Bulgers and Dowlers and Paynes etc and wasn't just trying to sell
>>> newspapers (just how naive were you?)
>>>
>>> "Wah! Wah! Wah! Lewis is mixing Sport and Politics - they shouldn't be
>>> mixed."
>>>
>>> But just look at all the digs at Nicola Sturgeon and The SNP after the
>>> England v Scotland football game - so no "mixing of Sport and
>>> Politics" there then (by the same people criticising Lewis) - eh?
>>>
>>> Trolling over.
>>>

>> https://media.balls.ie/uploads/2021/06/19071909/sun.jpg
>>
>> The UN compiling a list of those that took part in sports in apartheid
>> South Africa, plus the 1980 and 1984 Summer Olympic boycotts was when I
>> first noticed it, although I bet its been going on for centuries.
>
> First one I noticed:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salute

at a risk of invoking Godwins I think the 1936 Olympics was Definetly
mixing sport with politics

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<TKqzI.266990$O2a8.124856@fx02.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10885&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10885

From: alister....@ntlworld.com (alister)
after a football game
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 18:32:19 GMT
 by: alister - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 18:32 UTC

On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 02:35:29 -0700, Mr Gobrien wrote:

> Murdoch claims we stopped being Christian because of Moslems - well I've
> seen Jesus Of Nazareth pal and Murdoch is no Robert Powell - if he was
> then Jesus would have known the Romans were coming for him because he'd
> have Hacked their phones beforehand - in fact after King Herod's rampage
> he'd have hacked the phones of all the dead kids.

If you check the book I think you will find that JC most definitely did
know the Romans were Coming for him. & did not need anything as basic as
listening to VM messages.

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<salfbv$1tso$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10886&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10886

From: vai...@nospam.today (Dex)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
after a football game
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 20:08:47 +0100
 by: Dex - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 19:08 UTC

On 19/06/2021 19:32, alister wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 02:35:29 -0700, Mr Gobrien wrote:
>
>> Murdoch claims we stopped being Christian because of Moslems - well I've
>> seen Jesus Of Nazareth pal and Murdoch is no Robert Powell - if he was
>> then Jesus would have known the Romans were coming for him because he'd
>> have Hacked their phones beforehand - in fact after King Herod's rampage
>> he'd have hacked the phones of all the dead kids.
>
> If you check the book I think you will find that JC most definitely did
> know the Romans were Coming for him. & did not need anything as basic as
> listening to VM messages.

Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane.

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<6f41db19-30e7-4b96-b12d-106e5a3fe687n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10899&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10899

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 18:51:33 -0700 (PDT)
after a football game
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 01:51 UTC

On Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 1:08:53 PM UTC-6, Dex wrote:

> Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane.

thanks dix
for fuck all
as usual

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<4141ee3a-846d-4a8b-a477-7acadcdfcab4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10900&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10900

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 18:53:14 -0700 (PDT)
after a football game
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 01:53 UTC

On Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 12:32:21 PM UTC-6, alister wrote:

> If you check the book

how did that work out for
your diseased asshole?

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<e203c657-a2cc-401d-b16d-bcd1a1c12339n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10902&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10902

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 18:58:40 -0700 (PDT)
after a football game
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 01:58 UTC

On Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 3:35:31 AM UTC-6, Mr Gobrien wrote:

> Trolling over.

fuck you and your pathetic schedule

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<5f4403ce-dc88-42d2-a931-f60063626bfdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10904&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10904

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 22:52:02 -0700 (PDT)
after a football game
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 05:52 UTC

On Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 12:32:21 PM UTC-6, alister wrote:

> If you check the book

anything on excessive bacon?

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<5a171184-1a43-4fdf-b342-6bbdafb8c7dcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10905&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10905

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 23:03:38 -0700 (PDT)
after a football game
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 06:03 UTC

On Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 12:32:21 PM UTC-6, alister wrote:

> If you check the book

quit pushing that crap
read a different book
the big bang theory
wake up

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<be48123a-b519-47bd-bcce-25888e7f16f9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10910&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10910

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 03:25:18 -0700 (PDT)
after a football game
From: bui...@gmail.com (build)
 by: build - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 10:25 UTC

On Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 3:36:59 AM UTC+10, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 6/19/2021 1:05 PM, Dex wrote:
> > On 19/06/2021 10:35, Mr Gobrien wrote:
> >>
> >> In case you really thought that Rupert Murdoch etc really cared about
> >> the Bulgers and Dowlers and Paynes etc and wasn't just trying to sell
> >> newspapers (just how naive were you?)
> >>
> >> "Wah! Wah! Wah! Lewis is mixing Sport and Politics - they shouldn't be
> >> mixed."
> >>
> >> But just look at all the digs at Nicola Sturgeon and The SNP after the
> >> England v Scotland football game - so no "mixing of Sport and
> >> Politics" there then (by the same people criticising Lewis) - eh?
> >>
> >> Trolling over.
> >>

> > https://media.balls.ie/uploads/2021/06/19071909/sun.jpg
> >
> > The UN compiling a list of those that took part in sports in apartheid
> > South Africa, plus the 1980 and 1984 Summer Olympic boycotts was when I
> > first noticed it, although I bet its been going on for centuries.
> First one I noticed:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salute
>
> --
> Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
> If mockery could solve our problems, we’d have no problems at all..
> And then the political cartoonists would all be out of business.
> - Mike Peterson

It's a shame that event over shadowed Peter Norman's (and Tommie Smith's) achievement. It shows why Politics should have no place in sport.

His record still stands today.

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<ij8osfFpta6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10912&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10912

From: mjack...@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
after a football game
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 07:59:03 -0400
 by: Mark Jackson - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 11:59 UTC

On 6/20/2021 6:25 AM, build wrote:
> On Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 3:36:59 AM UTC+10, Mark Jackson wrote:

>> First one I noticed:
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salute

> It's a shame that event over shadowed Peter Norman's (and Tommie
> Smith's) achievement. It shows why Politics should have no place in
> sport.

It's just a sport, and world records are a dime a dozen.

Political protests don't make a dime's worth of difference, and nothing
changes - until one day they do, and they do.

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
If mockery could solve our problems, we’d have no problems at all.
And then the political cartoonists would all be out of business.
- Mike Peterson

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<a995857b-916f-4561-b4dd-dd2ac7aa60e6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10913&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10913

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 05:57:00 -0700 (PDT)
after a football game
From: bui...@gmail.com (build)
 by: build - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 12:57 UTC

On Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 9:59:15 PM UTC+10, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 6/20/2021 6:25 AM, build wrote:
> > On Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 3:36:59 AM UTC+10, Mark Jackson wrote:
>
> >> First one I noticed:
> >>
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salute
> > It's a shame that event over shadowed Peter Norman's (and Tommie
> > Smith's) achievement. It shows why Politics should have no place in
> > sport.
> It's just a sport, and world records are a dime a dozen.

Then buy one.

> Political protests don't make a dime's worth of difference, and nothing
> changes - until one day they do, and they do.

Those can be bought and often are.

> --
> Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
> If mockery could solve our problems, we’d have no problems at all..
> And then the political cartoonists would all be out of business.
> - Mike Peterson

Re: Hypocrisy - Lewis "mixing sport and politics" whilst SNP attacked after a football game

<JEIzI.11318$xn1.1467@fx09.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=10916&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#10916

From: alister....@ntlworld.com (alister)
after a football game
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 14:54:33 GMT
 by: alister - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 14:54 UTC

On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 23:03:38 -0700, texas gate wrote:

> On Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 12:32:21 PM UTC-6, alister wrote:
>
>> If you check the book
>
> quit pushing that crap read a different book the big bang theory wake up

FYI I am a devout & practising atheist but. before you can form a
reasoned opinion on something you have to have a thorough understanding
of it.