Life is a game of bridge -- and you've just been finessed.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / Re: Pass Rush underated

SubjectAuthor
* Pass Rush underatediommiRULES
`* Re: Pass Rush underated*ernie
 +* Re: Pass Rush underatedTomBenton
 |`- Re: Pass Rush underatediommiRULES
 `* Re: Pass Rush underatediommiRULES
  `* Re: Pass Rush underated*ernie
   `* Re: Pass Rush underatediommiRULES
    `* Re: Pass Rush underatediommiRULES
     `- Re: Pass Rush underatediommiRULES

1
Pass Rush underated

<035e2c45-7045-4905-bb6c-31a723995aa0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1097&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1097

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 13:58:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Pass Rush underated
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Thu, 6 May 2021 20:58 UTC

Frankly i think the Giants need for a pass rusher was over rated.....the pass rush by committee, lead by the head of the committee Williams was TWELFTH. And thats with the 2 guys, Carter and Xman, who were supposed to be the best edge rushers on the team, out most the year, but scheduled to come back next year. Dont get me wrong im not bemoaning the fact they got 2 more potential guys in the draft, including Osi's brother who some say may be a steal, because you cant have to many in this age of rotating fresh defensive guys in. Its not all just for depth as it once was not long ago, these guys will get important first team snaps.

My point is just that it was never as BAD as some had us believe, Especially when you consider what Graham had to work with after Golden was traded and the 2 starters went down, he had street LB's making plays. So wouldnt surprise me at all, as long as Williams keeps up his all pro play and earns his hefty paycheck.... that the Giants will be once again become a feared pass rushing D.

Re: Pass Rush underated

<d7c99g9q3ldgtcpt8v6fq1h47157ni0v2b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1098&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1098

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Subject: Re: Pass Rush underated
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 23:21:58 -0400
 by: *ernie - Fri, 7 May 2021 03:21 UTC

On Thu, 6 May 2021 13:58:58 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
<gregkaney53@gmail.com> wrote:

>Frankly i think the Giants need for a pass rusher was over rated.....the pass rush by committee, lead by the head of the committee Williams was TWELFTH. And thats with the 2 guys, Carter and Xman, who were supposed to be the best edge rushers on the team, out most the year, but scheduled to come back next year. Dont get me wrong im not bemoaning the fact they got 2 more potential guys in the draft, including Osi's brother who some say may be a steal, because you cant have to many in this age of rotating fresh defensive guys in. Its not all just for depth as it once was not long ago, these guys will get important first team snaps.
>
>My point is just that it was never as BAD as some had us believe, Especially when you consider what Graham had to work with after Golden was traded and the 2 starters went down, he had street LB's making plays. So wouldnt surprise me at all, as long as Williams keeps up his all pro play and earns his hefty paycheck.... that the Giants will be once again become a feared pass rushing D.

A dominant edge rush on the D turns them into an elite unit, not just
a good one (which they are now). When a player drops to 50 in the
draft, who had been predicted as a first rounder, I wonder why he was
still sitting there.

Re: Pass Rush underated

<273a9gdhucgu92jvssv5llb545hnbuo8kn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1099&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1099

From: TomBen...@agent.com
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 05:49:11 -0400
 by: TomBen...@agent.com - Fri, 7 May 2021 09:49 UTC

On Thu, 06 May 2021 23:21:58 -0400, *ernie
<alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 6 May 2021 13:58:58 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
><gregkaney53@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Frankly i think the Giants need for a pass rusher was over rated.....the pass rush by committee, lead by the head of the committee Williams was TWELFTH. And thats with the 2 guys, Carter and Xman, who were supposed to be the best edge rushers on the team, out most the year, but scheduled to come back next year. Dont get me wrong im not bemoaning the fact they got 2 more potential guys in the draft, including Osi's brother who some say may be a steal, because you cant have to many in this age of rotating fresh defensive guys in. Its not all just for depth as it once was not long ago, these guys will get important first team snaps.
>>
>>My point is just that it was never as BAD as some had us believe, Especially when you consider what Graham had to work with after Golden was traded and the 2 starters went down, he had street LB's making plays. So wouldnt surprise me at all, as long as Williams keeps up his all pro play and earns his hefty paycheck.... that the Giants will be once again become a feared pass rushing D.
>

>A dominant edge rush on the D turns them into an elite unit, not just
>a good one (which they are now). When a player drops to 50 in the
>draft, who had been predicted as a first rounder, I wonder why he was
>still sitting there.

I understand he has a knee issue that scared some teams away. But he
has been playing with it for years.

Re: Pass Rush underated

<c266b627-7b26-4046-88b5-65dc582e9b43n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1100&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1100

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 07:06:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 7 May 2021 14:06 UTC

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 5:49:14 AM UTC-4, TomB...@agent.com wrote:
> On Thu, 06 May 2021 23:21:58 -0400, *ernie
> <already...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 6 May 2021 13:58:58 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
> ><gregk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Frankly i think the Giants need for a pass rusher was over rated.....the pass rush by committee, lead by the head of the committee Williams was TWELFTH. And thats with the 2 guys, Carter and Xman, who were supposed to be the best edge rushers on the team, out most the year, but scheduled to come back next year. Dont get me wrong im not bemoaning the fact they got 2 more potential guys in the draft, including Osi's brother who some say may be a steal, because you cant have to many in this age of rotating fresh defensive guys in. Its not all just for depth as it once was not long ago, these guys will get important first team snaps.
> >>
> >>My point is just that it was never as BAD as some had us believe, Especially when you consider what Graham had to work with after Golden was traded and the 2 starters went down, he had street LB's making plays. So wouldnt surprise me at all, as long as Williams keeps up his all pro play and earns his hefty paycheck.... that the Giants will be once again become a feared pass rushing D.
> >

> >A dominant edge rush on the D turns them into an elite unit, not just
> >a good one (which they are now). When a player drops to 50 in the
> >draft, who had been predicted as a first rounder, I wonder why he was
> >still sitting there.
> I understand he has a knee issue that scared some teams away. But he
> has been playing with it for years.

Thats exactly it Tom, its been called an "Arthritic knee" that scared a lot of teams but not the Giants.

Re: Pass Rush underated

<e74a189d-45a8-46da-87a6-4390dfccf71dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1101&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1101

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 07:15:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 7 May 2021 14:15 UTC

On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 11:22:01 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> On Thu, 6 May 2021 13:58:58 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
> <gregk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Frankly i think the Giants need for a pass rusher was over rated.....the pass rush by committee, lead by the head of the committee Williams was TWELFTH. And thats with the 2 guys, Carter and Xman, who were supposed to be the best edge rushers on the team, out most the year, but scheduled to come back next year. Dont get me wrong im not bemoaning the fact they got 2 more potential guys in the draft, including Osi's brother who some say may be a steal, because you cant have to many in this age of rotating fresh defensive guys in. Its not all just for depth as it once was not long ago, these guys will get important first team snaps.
> >
> >My point is just that it was never as BAD as some had us believe, Especially when you consider what Graham had to work with after Golden was traded and the 2 starters went down, he had street LB's making plays. So wouldnt surprise me at all, as long as Williams keeps up his all pro play and earns his hefty paycheck.... that the Giants will be once again become a feared pass rushing D.
> A dominant edge rush on the D turns them into an elite unit, not just
> a good one (which they are now). When a player drops to 50 in the
> draft, who had been predicted as a first rounder, I wonder why he was
> still sitting there.

I'm a true believer that i'd rather have several good pass rushers then just one star guy. Why? so you can't just double the star guy. Same can be said about WR, just one aint enough.....and in a different way same can be said about CB's.....if you have just one teams will just avoid throwing at him, you have to remove the weak link and hopefully we have with Jackson....plus Williams can be considered our star now, he is being payed like one, who cares if he comes from the edge or the middle.....he is a hybrid who can man handle olineman.

Re: Pass Rush underated

<289788bd-c5c9-458b-9e46-6d8fb4d01fb8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1102&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1102

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 12:58:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: alreadyd...@gmail.com (*ernie)
 by: *ernie - Fri, 7 May 2021 19:58 UTC

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 10:15:42 AM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 11:22:01 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> > On Thu, 6 May 2021 13:58:58 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
> > <gregk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Frankly i think the Giants need for a pass rusher was over rated.....the pass rush by committee, lead by the head of the committee Williams was TWELFTH. And thats with the 2 guys, Carter and Xman, who were supposed to be the best edge rushers on the team, out most the year, but scheduled to come back next year. Dont get me wrong im not bemoaning the fact they got 2 more potential guys in the draft, including Osi's brother who some say may be a steal, because you cant have to many in this age of rotating fresh defensive guys in. Its not all just for depth as it once was not long ago, these guys will get important first team snaps.
> > >
> > >My point is just that it was never as BAD as some had us believe, Especially when you consider what Graham had to work with after Golden was traded and the 2 starters went down, he had street LB's making plays. So wouldnt surprise me at all, as long as Williams keeps up his all pro play and earns his hefty paycheck.... that the Giants will be once again become a feared pass rushing D.
> > A dominant edge rush on the D turns them into an elite unit, not just
> > a good one (which they are now). When a player drops to 50 in the
> > draft, who had been predicted as a first rounder, I wonder why he was
> > still sitting there.
> I'm a true believer that i'd rather have several good pass rushers then just one star guy. Why? so you can't just double the star guy. Same can be said about WR, just one aint enough.....and in a different way same can be said about CB's.....if you have just one teams will just avoid throwing at him, you have to remove the weak link and hopefully we have with Jackson....plus Williams can be considered our star now, he is being payed like one, who cares if he comes from the edge or the middle.....he is a hybrid who can man handle olineman.

Agreed, who cares where the pressure comes from as long as it comes. Like I said, they are already a good D but if you can add one elite guy to that unit, they become dominant. Let the opposition key on that one guy; the rest of the unit has shown that they can step up.

Re: Pass Rush underated

<86cdfab8-78ab-4c69-96b6-32f7072fe1fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1103&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1103

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 16:38:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Fri, 7 May 2021 23:38 UTC

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 3:58:38 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 10:15:42 AM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> > On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 11:22:01 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:

> > > A dominant edge rush on the D turns them into an elite unit, not just
> > > a good one (which they are now). When a player drops to 50 in the
> > > draft, who had been predicted as a first rounder, I wonder why he was
> > > still sitting there.
> > I'm a true believer that i'd rather have several good pass rushers then just one star guy. Why? so you can't just double the star guy. Same can be said about WR, just one aint enough.....and in a different way same can be said about CB's.....if you have just one teams will just avoid throwing at him, you have to remove the weak link and hopefully we have with Jackson.....plus Williams can be considered our star now, he is being payed like one, who cares if he comes from the edge or the middle.....he is a hybrid who can man handle olineman.
> Agreed, who cares where the pressure comes from as long as it comes. Like I said, they are already a good D but if you can add one elite guy to that unit, they become dominant. Let the opposition key on that one guy; the rest of the unit has shown that they can step up.

Remember we are still young, people concentrate on who we drafted but what about young guys who jury is still out? Its not just DJ. Carter. Xman. Big dex. Took 5 years for Williams to break thru....good call by DG even tho we all laughed at him.....I liked Williams even if he never blossomed aint like we gave up a Kings Ransom, just thought it was bizarre how DG went about it. It was like he was a rental for a good team trade like you see in MLB with impending FA's.....but we sucked at the time!!!

Re: Pass Rush underated

<275f2895-3aa0-4821-b917-d5d4d1b0fa3bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1107&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1107

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 09:59:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 9 May 2021 16:59 UTC

On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 7:38:55 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 3:58:38 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:

> > > I'm a true believer that i'd rather have several good pass rushers then just one star guy. Why? so you can't just double the star guy. Same can be said about WR, just one aint enough.....and in a different way same can be said about CB's.....if you have just one teams will just avoid throwing at him, you have to remove the weak link and hopefully we have with Jackson.....plus Williams can be considered our star now, he is being payed like one, who cares if he comes from the edge or the middle.....he is a hybrid who can man handle olineman.
> > Agreed, who cares where the pressure comes from as long as it comes. Like I said, they are already a good D but if you can add one elite guy to that unit, they become dominant. Let the opposition key on that one guy; the rest of the unit has shown that they can step up.
> Remember we are still young, people concentrate on who we drafted but what about young guys who jury is still out? Its not just DJ. Carter. Xman. Big dex. Took 5 years for Williams to break thru....good call by DG even tho we all laughed at him.....I liked Williams even if he never blossomed aint like we gave up a Kings Ransom, just thought it was bizarre how DG went about it. It was like he was a rental for a good team trade like you see in MLB with impending FA's.....but we sucked at the time!!!
Just think about it for a minute....i believe it was a #3 and a #5 we traded for Williams? To keep with the baseball analogy thats like trading a "C" level minor league prospect (#3) and just a throw in prospect (#5) for an allstar, a steal if there ever was one since we signed him now, and even if Williams just stayed at his "semi-bust" level thats STILL a good trade, as turned out it was a GREAT trade. Can't bitch about how much it cost, it was excellent business by Williams for not signing til he was all-Pro (I think the term pro bowler is a joke now, after all Engram is one!).

Re: Pass Rush underated

<1c1cb911-041a-4479-a221-876df391b7d6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1108&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1108

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 10:53:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 9 May 2021 17:53 UTC

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 12:59:55 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 7:38:55 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:

> > > Agreed, who cares where the pressure comes from as long as it comes. Like I said, they are already a good D but if you can add one elite guy to that unit, they become dominant. Let the opposition key on that one guy; the rest of the unit has shown that they can step up.
> > Remember we are still young, people concentrate on who we drafted but what about young guys who jury is still out? Its not just DJ. Carter. Xman. Big dex. Took 5 years for Williams to break thru....good call by DG even tho we all laughed at him.....I liked Williams even if he never blossomed aint like we gave up a Kings Ransom, just thought it was bizarre how DG went about it. It was like he was a rental for a good team trade like you see in MLB with impending FA's.....but we sucked at the time!!!
> Just think about it for a minute....i believe it was a #3 and a #5 we traded for Williams? To keep with the baseball analogy thats like trading a "C" level minor league prospect (#3) and just a throw in prospect (#5) for an allstar, a steal if there ever was one since we signed him now, and even if Williams just stayed at his "semi-bust" level thats STILL a good trade, as turned out it was a GREAT trade. Can't bitch about how much it cost, it was excellent business by Williams for not signing til he was all-Pro (I think the term pro bowler is a joke now, after all Engram is one!).

And i just checked , somehow Williams didnt even make second team All-Pro......i think lot had do with Giants play a 3-4 and DE's in 3-4 are kinda like hybrid DT-DE, and also the Giants as a team havent got much ink or national talking head time last 4 years.