Most people's favorite way to end a game is by winning.

sport / rec.sport.cricket / Re: Neville Cardus on Woolley

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Neville Cardus on WoolleyDAVID SADLIER
+- Re: Neville Cardus on WoolleyDAVID SADLIER
`* Re: Neville Cardus on WoolleyJohn Hall
 +* Re: Neville Cardus on WoolleyDryes
 |`- Re: Neville Cardus on WoolleyJohn Hall
 `* Re: Neville Cardus on WoolleyMoriarty
  `* Re: Neville Cardus on WoolleyJohn Hall
   `* Re: Neville Cardus on WoolleyBob Martin
    `- Re: Neville Cardus on WoolleyGilly's Danda

1
Re: Neville Cardus on Woolley

<3a67dff6-7ca0-462e-a242-0debb4f3e902n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1113&group=rec.sport.cricket#1113

Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 06:14:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Neville Cardus on Woolley
From: derails1...@gmail.com (DAVID SADLIER)
 by: DAVID SADLIER - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 13:14 UTC

<83f97ed9-ca85-4209-9584-a3f7c21cc452n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1114&group=rec.sport.cricket#1114

Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 06:31:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: derails1...@gmail.com (DAVID SADLIER)
 by: DAVID SADLIER - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 13:31 UTC

<EQGWqcBRXWPkFwTe@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1115&group=rec.sport.cricket#1115

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 16:29:21 +0100
 by: John Hall - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 15:29 UTC

In message <3a67dff6-7ca0-462e-a242-0debb4f3e902n@googlegroups.com>,
DAVID SADLIER <derails1932@gmail.com> writes
>On Monday, 10 January 1994 at 09:58:27 UTC, Uday Rajan wrote:
>> This is a re-post of Cardus' essay on Woolley, first posted about a year
>> ago, with apologies to Sadiq for the delay.

Thanks for the repost. I wonder if you realised it's been 19 years since
Uday Rajan posted it.
--
John Hall "[It was] so steep that at intervals the street broke into steps,
like a person breaking into giggles or hiccups, and then resumed

Re: Neville Cardus on Woolley

<3391f797-1d22-4fda-a001-443b19028985n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1116&group=rec.sport.cricket#1116

Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 11:09:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: dryes1...@gmail.com (Dryes)
 by: Dryes - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 18:09 UTC

On Monday, April 17, 2023 at 11:32:05 AM UTC-4, John Hall wrote:
> In message <3a67dff6-7ca0-462e...@googlegroups.com>,
> DAVID SADLIER <derai...@gmail.com> writes
> >On Monday, 10 January 1994 at 09:58:27 UTC, Uday Rajan wrote:
> >> This is a re-post of Cardus' essay on Woolley, first posted about a year
> >> ago, with apologies to Sadiq for the delay.
>
> Thanks for the repost. I wonder if you realised it's been 19 years since
> Uday Rajan posted it.
> --
> John Hall "[It was] so steep that at intervals the street broke into steps,
> like a person breaking into giggles or hiccups, and then resumed
> its sober climb, until it had another fit of steps."
> Ursula K Le Guin "The Beginning Place"

What happened to all the Indians posting here, one was a real moron!

Re: Neville Cardus on Woolley

<Refz5yC15YPkFwx4@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1117&group=rec.sport.cricket#1117

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 19:22:45 +0100
 by: John Hall - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 18:22 UTC

In message <3391f797-1d22-4fda-a001-443b19028985n@googlegroups.com>,
Dryes <dryes1617@gmail.com> writes
>On Monday, April 17, 2023 at 11:32:050 >> In message <3a67dff6-7ca0-462e...@googlegroups.com>,
>> DAVID SADLIER <derai...@gmail.com> writes
>>
>> Thanks for the repost. I wonder if you realised it's been 19 years since
>> Uday Rajan posted it.
>
>What happened to all the Indians posting here, one was a real moron!

Considering there must have been 20 or more, if only one was a real
moron they were doing pretty well. I suppose they all went first to web
forums and then to Twitter when that came along. (As was also the case
with most of the non-Indian posters too.)
--
John Hall "[It was] so steep that at intervals the street broke into steps,
like a person breaking into giggles or hiccups, and then resumed
its sober climb, until it had another fit of steps."
Ursula K Le Guin "The Beginning Place"

Re: Neville Cardus on Woolley

<13179ab2-2ab4-4358-9e07-1139ed71a919n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1118&group=rec.sport.cricket#1118

Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 15:13:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: blue...@ivillage.com (Moriarty)
 by: Moriarty - Tue, 18 Apr 2023 22:13 UTC

On Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 1:32:05 AM UTC+10, John Hall wrote:
> In message <3a67dff6-7ca0-462e...@googlegroups.com>,
> DAVID SADLIER <derai...@gmail.com> writes
> >On Monday, 10 January 1994 at 09:58:27 UTC, Uday Rajan wrote:
> >> This is a re-post of Cardus' essay on Woolley, first posted about a year
> >> ago, with apologies to Sadiq for the delay.
>
> Thanks for the repost. I wonder if you realised it's been 19 years since
> Uday Rajan posted it.

29. I don't think that's the longest time I've seen between posts in a usenet threads, but I reckon it'd be close.

-Moriarty

Re: Neville Cardus on Woolley

<cyAe5cAXk6PkFwyQ@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1119&group=rec.sport.cricket#1119

From: john_nos...@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 09:40:55 +0100
 by: John Hall - Wed, 19 Apr 2023 08:40 UTC

In message <13179ab2-2ab4-4358-9e07-1139ed71a919n@googlegroups.com>,
Moriarty <blues95@ivillage.com> writes
>On Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 1:32:050 >> In message <3a67dff6-7ca0-462e...@googlegroups.com>,
>> DAVID SADLIER <derai...@gmail.com> writes
>>
>> Thanks for the repost. I wonder if you realised it's been 19 years since
>> Uday Rajan posted it.
>
>29. I don't think that's the longest time I've seen between posts in a
>usenet threads, but I reckon it'd be close.
>
>-Moriarty

Oops! How did I fail in a basic piece of subtraction?
--
John Hall "[It was] so steep that at intervals the street broke into steps,
like a person breaking into giggles or hiccups, and then resumed
its sober climb, until it had another fit of steps."
Ursula K Le Guin "The Beginning Place"

Re: Neville Cardus on Woolley

<kac5dgFjc1rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1120&group=rec.sport.cricket#1120

From: bob.mar...@excite.com (Bob Martin)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: 20 Apr 2023 06:46:08 GMT
 by: Bob Martin - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 06:46 UTC

On 19 Apr 2023 at 08:40:55, John Hall <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <13179ab2-2ab4-4358-9e07-1139ed71a919n@googlegroups.com>,
> Moriarty <blues95@ivillage.com> writes
>>On Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 1:32:050 >> In message <3a67dff6-7ca0-462e...@googlegroups.com>,
>>> DAVID SADLIER <derai...@gmail.com> writes
>>>
>>> Thanks for the repost. I wonder if you realised it's been 19 years since
>>> Uday Rajan posted it.
>>
>>29. I don't think that's the longest time I've seen between posts in a
>>usenet threads, but I reckon it'd be close.
>>
>>-Moriarty
>
> Oops! How did I fail in a basic piece of subtraction?

Don't apologise.
19, 29, 39 years, Neville Cardus is never unwelcome.
I enjoyed it.

Re: Neville Cardus on Woolley

<9376ab49-8a1b-4663-a353-33b0e94d6468n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1130&group=rec.sport.cricket#1130

Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 23:55:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: finallyf...@gmail.com (Gilly's Danda)
 by: Gilly's Danda - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 06:55 UTC

We had a trove of Cardus stuff here once - at https://groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.cricket/c/yiAZZ39_P9o/m/BO9uSILiI2gJ.