From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket,aus.sport.cricket
Subject: It_was_the_long-sleeved_sweater:_Justin_Langer’
s_bizarre_theory_to_explain_Usman_Khawaja’s_WTC_final_fai
lure
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 02:03:45 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 09:03 UTC

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/long-sleeve-sweater-justin-langers-bizarre-theory-to-explain-usman-khawajas-wtc-final-failure-8653959/

It was the long-sleeved sweater: Justin Langer’s bizarre theory to
explain Usman Khawaja’s WTC final failure
This was Khawaja's seventh single-digit score during his 13th Test
innings in England.

Former Australia coach Justin Langer has put forward a bizarre theory to
explain opener Usman Khawaja’s duck in the first innings of the World
Test Championship Final versus India at The Oval.

Langer believes Khawaja’s failure may have been caused by the
‘long-sleeve sweater’ he was sporting.

“He came out wearing a long-sleeve sweater. I felt if I had a
long-sleeve sweater, especially early, you need to be sharp – I never
felt right. And he came out wearing that long-sleeved sweater today and
didn’t get going. He will be disappointed to be out in the first half an
hour,” Langer said on air.

In the fourth over of Australia’s innings, Khawaja was out for a duck.
He hung his bat out in response to a length ball pitched across by Siraj
but it resulted in him edging the ball and being caught. This was his
seventh single-digit score during his 13th Test innings in England.

Re: It was the long-sleeved sweater: Justin Langer’s bizarre theory to explain Usman Khawaja’s WTC final failure

<kem69qF6kucU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1138&group=rec.sport.cricket#1138

From: nos...@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk (David North)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket,aus.sport.cricket
Subject: Re:_It_was_the_long-sleeved_sweater:_Justin_Langer
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 16:07:38 +0100
 by: David North - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 15:07 UTC

On 09/06/2023 10:03, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:

> https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/long-sleeve-sweater-justin-langers-bizarre-theory-to-explain-usman-khawajas-wtc-final-failure-8653959/
>
> It was the long-sleeved sweater: Justin Langer’s bizarre theory to
> explain Usman Khawaja’s WTC final failure
> This was Khawaja's seventh single-digit score during his 13th Test
> innings in England.

I don't know whether whoever wrote that was working in hexadecimal, but
in decimal it was Khawaja's 5th single-figure Test score in England.

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/215155.html?class=1;host=1;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

--
David North