I just know I'm a better manager when I have Joe DiMaggio in center field. -- Casey Stengel

sport / rec.autos.sport.f1 / Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday

SubjectAuthor
* Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on SundayBrian Lawrence
+- Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on SundayNews
+* Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sundaya425couple
|+- Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sundayleonard hofstatder
|`* Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on SundayPhil Carmody
| +- Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sundaytexas gate
| +- Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sundaytexas gate
| `- Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sundaya425couple
+- Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sundaygeoff
`- Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sundayalister

1
Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday

<il5n9oFhn7bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11364&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11364

From: Brian_W_...@msn.com (Brian Lawrence)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:46:16 +0100
 by: Brian Lawrence - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 14:46 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57818938

"Formula 1 driver Lando Norris was mugged and his team-issued watch
worth £40,000 stolen after the Euro 2020 final at Wembley on Sunday.

The 21-year-old was returning to his McLaren car in an official Wembley
car park when he was attacked by two men.

A McLaren statement said Norris, fourth in the world championship before
this weekend's British Grand Prix, was "unharmed but understandably shaken".

There were witnesses to the incident, which is being investigated by
police."

I'd suggest maybe wearing a £40k watch and driving a McLaren to a
football stadium - even Wembley - are not the most intelligent choices.

Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday

<sck9bm$gvo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11365&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11365

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 10:52:37 -0400
 by: News - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 14:52 UTC

On 7/13/2021 10:46 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:

>    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57818938
>
> "Formula 1 driver Lando Norris was mugged and his team-issued watch
> worth £40,000 stolen after the Euro 2020 final at Wembley on Sunday.
>
> The 21-year-old was returning to his McLaren car in an official Wembley
> car park when he was attacked by two men.
>
> A McLaren statement said Norris, fourth in the world championship before
> this weekend's British Grand Prix, was "unharmed but understandably
> shaken".
>
> There were witnesses to the incident, which is being investigated by
> police."
>

> I'd suggest maybe wearing a £40k watch and driving a McLaren to a
> football stadium - even Wembley - are not the most intelligent choices.

Soccer goons on display; their finest hour!

Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday

<sckbhe02o82@news1.newsguy.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11366&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11366

From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 08:29:49 -0700
 by: a425couple - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:29 UTC

On 7/13/2021 7:46 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:

>    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57818938
>
> "Formula 1 driver Lando Norris was mugged and his team-issued watch
> worth £40,000 stolen after the Euro 2020 final at Wembley on Sunday.
>
> The 21-year-old was returning to his McLaren car in an official Wembley
> car park when he was attacked by two men.
>
> A McLaren statement said Norris, fourth in the world championship before
> this weekend's British Grand Prix, was "unharmed but understandably
> shaken".
>
> There were witnesses to the incident, which is being investigated by
> police."
>

> I'd suggest maybe wearing a £40k watch and driving a McLaren to a
> football stadium - even Wembley - are not the most intelligent choices.

True enough for most of us.

However, probably need to reconsider that viewpoint,
since:

It’s the watch company he’s sponsored by,
& he’s supposed to be wearing it in public viewing.
And it’s worth a LOT more than 70K.
It is probably a Richard Mille. The model is RM 11-03

Hire more security and have them close by?

Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday

<sckot5$t0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11368&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11368

From: n.n...@comcast.net (leonard hofstatder)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 14:17:57 -0500
 by: leonard hofstatder - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 19:17 UTC

On 7/13/2021 10:29 AM, a425couple wrote:
> On 7/13/2021 7:46 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:
>>
>>     https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57818938
>>
>> "Formula 1 driver Lando Norris was mugged and his team-issued watch
>> worth £40,000 stolen after the Euro 2020 final at Wembley on Sunday.
>>
>> The 21-year-old was returning to his McLaren car in an official
>> Wembley car park when he was attacked by two men.
>>
>> A McLaren statement said Norris, fourth in the world championship
>> before this weekend's British Grand Prix, was "unharmed but
>> understandably shaken".
>>
>> There were witnesses to the incident, which is being investigated by
>> police."
>>

>> I'd suggest maybe wearing a £40k watch and driving a McLaren to a
>> football stadium - even Wembley - are not the most intelligent choices.
>
> True enough for most of us.
>
> However, probably need to reconsider that viewpoint,
> since:
>
> It’s the watch company he’s sponsored by,
> & he’s supposed to be wearing it in public viewing.
> And it’s worth a LOT more than 70K.
> It is probably a Richard Mille. The model is RM 11-03
>
> Hire more security and have them close by?

Hooliganism dates back centuries. Futbol fans are the most unruly and
dangerous the world over. They are also some of the best and loyal fans.

Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday

<odGdnSnv3ePpmXP9nZ2dnUU7-emdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11372&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11372

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 09:24:02 +1200
 by: geoff - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 21:24 UTC

On 14/07/2021 2:46 am, Brian Lawrence wrote:

>    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57818938
>
> "Formula 1 driver Lando Norris was mugged and his team-issued watch
> worth £40,000 stolen after the Euro 2020 final at Wembley on Sunday.
>
> The 21-year-old was returning to his McLaren car in an official Wembley
> car park when he was attacked by two men.
>
> A McLaren statement said Norris, fourth in the world championship before
> this weekend's British Grand Prix, was "unharmed but understandably
> shaken".
>
> There were witnesses to the incident, which is being investigated by
> police."
>

> I'd suggest maybe wearing a £40k watch and driving a McLaren to a
> football stadium - even Wembley - are not the most intelligent choices.

Obviously a hatchet job done by the Ferrari supporters.

geoff

Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday

<87a6mpe5o6.fsf@zotaspaz.fatphil.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11384&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11384

From: pc+use...@asdf.org (Phil Carmody)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 10:05:45 +0300
sha1:gkcXPrV9fFDsfdcwGcpbF6vVd3E=
 by: Phil Carmody - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 07:05 UTC

a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> writes:
> On 7/13/2021 7:46 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:
>> I'd suggest maybe wearing a £40k watch and driving a McLaren to a
>> football stadium - even Wembley - are not the most intelligent
>> choices.
>
> True enough for most of us.
>
> However, probably need to reconsider that viewpoint,
> since:
>
> It’s the watch company he’s sponsored by,
> & he’s supposed to be wearing it in public viewing.

Good point. And if I may put a dollar value on everything, this mugging
has probably been beneficial for the brand!

> And it’s worth a LOT more than 70K.
> It is probably a Richard Mille. The model is RM 11-03

Aren't they all serial numbered? If so, does it have any resale value at
all now it's stolen property?

> Hire more security and have them close by?

Probably ultimately necessary.

Phil
--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast

Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday

<5ae60dcc-3f37-4e4e-bb89-3a996c257436n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11385&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11385

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 01:28:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 08:28 UTC

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 1:22:00 AM UTC-6, Phil Carmody wrote:

> Probably ultimately necessary.

lol

Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday

<1a3a7455-08e6-439e-9dc6-46c1b90f1c3bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11386&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11386

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 01:32:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 08:32 UTC

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 1:22:00 AM UTC-6, Phil Carmody wrote:

> Probably ultimately necessary.

Are you from britain ffs? wow

Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday

<scnsd6$ir6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11394&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11394

From: alister....@ntlworld.com (alister)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 23:36:06 +0000 (UTC)
 by: alister - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 23:36 UTC

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:46:16 +0100, Brian Lawrence wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57818938
>
> "Formula 1 driver Lando Norris was mugged and his team-issued watch
> worth £40,000 stolen after the Euro 2020 final at Wembley on Sunday.
>
> The 21-year-old was returning to his McLaren car in an official Wembley
> car park when he was attacked by two men.
>
> A McLaren statement said Norris, fourth in the world championship before
> this weekend's British Grand Prix, was "unharmed but understandably
> shaken".
>
> There were witnesses to the incident, which is being investigated by
> police."
>

> I'd suggest maybe wearing a £40k watch and driving a McLaren to a
> football stadium - even Wembley - are not the most intelligent choices.

a valid comment but I believe this is known as the "she was asking for
it" defence.
no excuse for the scum-bags involved

--
f u cn rd ths, u r prbbly a lsy spllr.

Re: Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday

<scq7vo0c0l@news4.newsguy.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11413&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11413

From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 14:05:59 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 21:05 UTC

On 7/14/2021 12:05 AM, Phil Carmody wrote:
> a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> writes:
>> On 7/13/2021 7:46 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:
>>> I'd suggest maybe wearing a £40k watch and driving a McLaren to a
>>> football stadium - even Wembley - are not the most intelligent
>>> choices.
>>
>> True enough for most of us.
>>
>> However, probably need to reconsider that viewpoint,
>> since:
>>
>> It’s the watch company he’s sponsored by,
>> & he’s supposed to be wearing it in public viewing.
>
> Good point. And if I may put a dollar value on everything, this mugging
> has probably been beneficial for the brand!

Yes.
And although I certainly would not call it a publicity
stunt, it can be used to advantage.
Young, rich & glamorous image.

And it is far better than the disaster that could
have been if a police report was found that Norris was
driving a Fiat 500 and got mugged for his wallet
and his Timex watch.
That would have been BAD!!!

sport / rec.autos.sport.f1 / Lando mugged leaving Wembley Stadium on Sunday