How can you think and hit at the same time? -- Yogi Berra

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Fox Sports slammed for fawning Qatar World Cup coverage

SubjectAuthor
* Fox Sports slammed for fawning Qatar World Cup coverageTerrence Clay
`- Re: Fox Sports slammed for fawning Qatar World Cup coverageThe Doctor

1
Fox Sports slammed for fawning Qatar World Cup coverage

<faf3610b-5fc8-490c-9b26-1742c1c827e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11520&group=rec.sport.soccer#11520

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 23:38:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Fox Sports slammed for fawning Qatar World Cup coverage
From: tmc1...@gmail.com (Terrence Clay)
 by: Terrence Clay - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 07:38 UTC

https://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-sports-called-out-for-fawning-qatar-regime-aligned-world-cup-coverage-so-embarrassing/

By Jackson Richman
Nov 21st, 2022, 1:24 pm

Fox Sports is getting blasted on Twitter for what critics believe is fawning coverage of the FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

Qatar has an infamous human rights record that includes using slave labor to build the tournament’s facilities.

Fox Sports’ coverage, which is being sponsored by Qatar Airways – the national airline of the Gulf state – has included reporter Jenny Taft praising the beauty of Al Bayt Stadium, where the opening match of the tournament was held Sunday.

“When I walked inside Al Bayt, I did understand the culture that the Qataris are so proud of,” she said.

Fox Sports then showed Taft interviewing Hassan Al-Thawadi, the Secretary General of the Supreme Committee, who allegedly bribed FIFA to grant Qatar the right to host the 2022 World Cup. Taft praised Al-Thawadi as “instrumental in bringing the World Cup to his home country” and “very welcoming.” Qatar was granted the hosting rights in 2010..

“Trust me, he is excited for the world to understand what Qatar has to offer,” she said.

Taft did not confront Al-Thawadi about Qatar’s human rights record, the bribery allegations or any of the negative headlines surrounding Qatar ahead of and during the World Cup.

Sports journalists, including one from a Fox affiliate, blasted Fox Sports’ coverage of the World Cup — along with other critics.

Re: Fox Sports slammed for fawning Qatar World Cup coverage

<tlimqi$2sks$40@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11527&group=rec.sport.soccer#11527

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 14:37:06 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 14:37 UTC

In article <faf3610b-5fc8-490c-9b26-1742c1c827e9n@googlegroups.com>,
Terrence Clay <tmc1982@gmail.com> wrote:
>https://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-sports-called-out-for-fawning-qatar-regime-aligned-world-cup-coverage-so-embarrassing/
>
>By Jackson Richman
>Nov 21st, 2022, 1:24 pm
>
>Fox Sports is getting blasted on Twitter for what critics believe is
>fawning coverage of the FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
>
>Qatar has an infamous human rights record that includes using slave
>labor to build the tournament’s facilities.
>
>Fox Sports’ coverage, which is being sponsored by Qatar Airways –
>the national airline of the Gulf state – has included reporter Jenny
>Taft praising the beauty of Al Bayt Stadium, where the opening match of
>the tournament was held Sunday.
>
>“When I walked inside Al Bayt, I did understand the culture that the
>Qataris are so proud of,” she said.
>
>Fox Sports then showed Taft interviewing Hassan Al-Thawadi, the
>Secretary General of the Supreme Committee, who allegedly bribed FIFA to
>grant Qatar the right to host the 2022 World Cup. Taft praised
>Al-Thawadi as “instrumental in bringing the World Cup to his home
>country” and “very welcoming.” Qatar was granted the hosting
>rights in 2010.
>
>“Trust me, he is excited for the world to understand what Qatar has to
>offer,” she said.
>
>Taft did not confront Al-Thawadi about Qatar’s human rights record,
>the bribery allegations or any of the negative headlines surrounding
>Qatar ahead of and during the World Cup.
>
>Sports journalists, including one from a Fox affiliate, blasted Fox
>Sports’ coverage of the World Cup — along with other critics.

Fox and Sky are linked.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com