From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket,aus.sport.cricket
Subject: Stuart Broad says nothing has changed since sandpaper gate
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 00:59:25 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 07:59 UTC

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/amazes-me-that-not-one-aussie-thought-the-appeal-was-wrong-stuart-broad-says-nothing-has-changed-since-sandpaper-gate-8699827/

‘Amazes me that not one Aussie thought the appeal was wrong’: Stuart
Broad says nothing has changed since sandpaper gate

Stuart Broad says he repeatedly reminded Australian captain Pat Cummins
for his decision and told me that all the boos at the Lord's were for
him and his decision.

Stuart Broad has stepped up the war of words against the Australian
cricket team and it’s talk about the change in legacy since the infamous
sandpaper gate during the tour of South Africa in 2018.

The unusual manner in which Jonny Bairstow was stumped seemed to have
infuriated the England seamer, who put on 108 for the seventh wicket
with Ben Stokes and almost pulledd off a heist on Day 5 at the Lord’s.

“What amazed me, and what I told the Australians I could not believe as
we left the field at lunch, was that not one senior player among them …
questioned what they had done,” Broad wrote in his column for the Daily
Mail.

“I was angered by Australia’s decision, particularly having heard their
lines about creating a new legacy as a team, and how they have changed
since the tour of South Africa in 2018,” he added.