Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 18:56:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Dave Gettleman
From: tlm...@gmail.com (TomW)
 by: TomW - Tue, 25 May 2021 01:56 UTC

I was thinking about a lot of the moves and drafts that DG has made since he came here and I don't understand why his job is always on the line. He didn't draft Darnold, Rosen or Haskins. He made a good trade with OBJ. Last year he brought in some great defensive players including the Williams deal that was highly criticized but turned out to another smart move. And this years draft was his best yet. So why all the hate? Other than 3 years of lousy football but the team has been rebuilt and as long as Jones has a breakout year which I'm very confident that he will as long as the OL can be average, I think he should be up for executive of the year.

Re: Dave Gettleman

<25e66e74-87f5-4360-8990-78fe8102bfeen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1161&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1161

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 19:39:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Dave Gettleman
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Tue, 25 May 2021 02:39 UTC

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 9:56:46 PM UTC-4, TomW wrote:
> I was thinking about a lot of the moves and drafts that DG has made since he came here and I don't understand why his job is always on the line. He didn't draft Darnold, Rosen or Haskins. He made a good trade with OBJ. Last year he brought in some great defensive players including the Williams deal that was highly criticized but turned out to another smart move. And this years draft was his best yet. So why all the hate? Other than 3 years of lousy football but the team has been rebuilt and as long as Jones has a breakout year which I'm very confident that he will as long as the OL can be average, I think he should be up for executive of the year.

Dave admitted himself his Main mistake was thinking they could just "retool" and not "rebuild". Not me i knew it was a rebuild , i'm on record as saying it. When you are 3-13 and just fired your coach of 2 years and 2 time SB GM and have a quickly ageing QB its not retool time its rebuild time. Which usually means 3 years minimum in football if its done properly. It was plain to see they told the impatient fans what they wanted to hear "Lets win one more for Eli!", Nope. Fans dont wanna hear we need 3 or 4 drafts and only after those kids grow up we can make the big FA moves to get over the hump.

Complicating matters was getting rid of the one and done overpaid fat cat defense, many who where still on the books long after they were gone...actually the offense has sucked since Coughlin left....Shurmur in Jones rookie year (and his last) had the best one since then, besides the Jones fumbles......but of course Garrett and Judge are still on the honeymoon. Last chance for Garrett and DG and possibly Jones.....unless its a total mac year 2 type disaster Judge survives....I'd say its imperative to have a winning record if not playoffs for the others to survive...