Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 04:37:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Daniel Jones---according to metrics the best deep passer in the league????
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Tue, 25 May 2021 11:37 UTC

On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 6:10:13 AM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-stats-top-10-deep-passers-of-2020-aaron-rodgers-lands-at-no-4
>
> This is crazy stuff. For instance, Mahomes does not even make the top 10 because his receivers are so good.

My guess is the DBs were betting the line couldn't hold up that long and were hedging, in fact the line sucking so bad was the REASON Jones COULDN'T have many deep attempts. Imagine if the line was good? Now that we upgraded at WR? And it seems like eons ago whether it be Eli or DJ that the line was even AVERAGE. Lets not forget TE's and RB's block too...Also i knew from his first preseason that DJ had a an accurate deep ball, prettier spiral than Eli too who also threw a great deep ball with touch...and i was pleasantly surprised how good he could spin it....as opposed to say watching Dave Brown throw wounded ducks...