I've only got 12 cards.

sport / rec.autos.sport.f1 / Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

SubjectAuthor
* Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveBrian Lawrence
+- Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveNews
+* Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveXYXPDQ
|`- Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveAlan Baker
`* Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveHeron
 +* Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveAlan Baker
 |`* Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone movegeoff
 | `* Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveAlan Baker
 |  `- Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone movetexas gate
 `* Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveNews
  +* Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveHeron
  |+* Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveAlan Baker
  ||`* Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveXYXPDQ
  || `- Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveAlan Baker
  |`- Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveNews
  `- Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone moveBigbird

1
Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<imfvnpFkt6gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11825&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11825

From: Brian_W_...@msn.com (Brian Lawrence)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 16:27:53 +0100
 by: Brian Lawrence - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 15:27 UTC

<https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/hamilton-id-repeat-verstappen-attack-in-exact-same-way/6638523/>

""In terms of the move, I would do the move exactly the way I've
probably done it and I did it last [time)," he explained.

"In terms of how I've reviewed it and analysed, from all my experience,
and my experience obviously over the years speaks for a lot, I wouldn't
change it."

"Hamilton confirmed that he phoned Verstappen after the British GP to
check on the Dutchman's progress, but hinted that perhaps they remained
apart in their views of the situation.

"I did give Max a call after the race to just check he feels okay and
let him know that the respect is still there," he said. "Perhaps it is
not reciprocated, but that's okay."

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<sdui56$7fg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11827&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11827

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 11:40:21 -0400
 by: News - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 15:40 UTC

On 7/29/2021 11:27 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:

> <https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/hamilton-id-repeat-verstappen-attack-in-exact-same-way/6638523/>
>

> ""In terms of the move, I would do the move exactly the way I've
> probably done it and I did it last [time)," he explained.
>
> "In terms of how I've reviewed it and analysed, from all my experience,
> and my experience obviously over the years speaks for a lot, I wouldn't
> change it."
>
> "Hamilton confirmed that he phoned Verstappen after the British GP to
> check on the Dutchman's progress, but hinted that perhaps they remained
> apart in their views of the situation.
>
> "I did give Max a call after the race to just check he feels okay and
> let him know that the respect is still there," he said. "Perhaps it is
> not reciprocated, but that's okay."

Great fodder for the Stewards meeting.

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<021ee74b-5f74-4db8-b0e8-10077a1cc67cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11830&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11830

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 09:20:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: qwrtz...@gmail.com (XYXPDQ)
 by: XYXPDQ - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 16:20 UTC

And get awayt with it again since he's still The Chosen One.

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<sdulu8$qeg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11832&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11832

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 09:44:54 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 16:44 UTC

On 2021-07-29 9:20 a.m., XYXPDQ wrote:
> And get awayt with it again since he's still The Chosen One.

He didn't get away with it. He was penalized.

Did they get the penalty exactly right? I'd say probably not, but I
don't think it was for lack of trying.

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<sduqag$1v6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11837&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11837

From: McKeis...@ipanywhere.com (Heron)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:59:51 -0500
 by: Heron - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 17:59 UTC

On 7/29/2021 10:27 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:

> <https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/hamilton-id-repeat-verstappen-attack-in-exact-same-way/6638523/>
>

> ""In terms of the move, I would do the move exactly the way I've
> probably done it and I did it last [time)," he explained.
>
> "In terms of how I've reviewed it and analysed, from all my experience,
> and my experience obviously over the years speaks for a lot, I wouldn't
> change it."
>
> "Hamilton confirmed that he phoned Verstappen after the British GP to
> check on the Dutchman's progress, but hinted that perhaps they remained
> apart in their views of the situation.
>
> "I did give Max a call after the race to just check he feels okay and
> let him know that the respect is still there," he said. "Perhaps it is
> not reciprocated, but that's okay."

I sincerely hope MV tries it again, and gets schooled
yet again, as Hamilton has clearly stated his intentions.

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<sduqdv$jnd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11838&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11838

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 11:01:33 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 18:01 UTC

On 2021-07-29 10:59 a.m., Heron wrote:
> On 7/29/2021 10:27 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:
>>

>> <https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/hamilton-id-repeat-verstappen-attack-in-exact-same-way/6638523/>
>>

>> ""In terms of the move, I would do the move exactly the way I've
>> probably done it and I did it last [time)," he explained.
>>
>> "In terms of how I've reviewed it and analysed, from all my
>> experience, and my experience obviously over the years speaks for a
>> lot, I wouldn't change it."
>>
>> "Hamilton confirmed that he phoned Verstappen after the British GP to
>> check on the Dutchman's progress, but hinted that perhaps they
>> remained apart in their views of the situation.
>>
>> "I did give Max a call after the race to just check he feels okay and
>> let him know that the respect is still there," he said. "Perhaps it is
>> not reciprocated, but that's okay."
>
> I sincerely hope MV tries it again, and gets schooled
> yet again, as Hamilton has clearly stated his intentions.

I'm sorry, but are you HOPING that Hamilton drives into Verstappen?

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<sdurtk$5g6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11841&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11841

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 14:27:00 -0400
 by: News - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 18:27 UTC

On 7/29/2021 1:59 PM, Heron wrote:
> On 7/29/2021 10:27 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:
>>

>> <https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/hamilton-id-repeat-verstappen-attack-in-exact-same-way/6638523/>
>>

>> ""In terms of the move, I would do the move exactly the way I've
>> probably done it and I did it last [time)," he explained.
>>
>> "In terms of how I've reviewed it and analysed, from all my
>> experience, and my experience obviously over the years speaks for a
>> lot, I wouldn't change it."
>>
>> "Hamilton confirmed that he phoned Verstappen after the British GP to
>> check on the Dutchman's progress, but hinted that perhaps they
>> remained apart in their views of the situation.
>>
>> "I did give Max a call after the race to just check he feels okay and
>> let him know that the respect is still there," he said. "Perhaps it is
>> not reciprocated, but that's okay."
>
> I sincerely hope MV tries it again, and gets schooled
> yet again, as Hamilton has clearly stated his intentions.

Premeditated crimes draw harsher sentences.

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<sdus94$trg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11843&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11843

From: McKeis...@ipanywhere.com (Heron)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 13:33:15 -0500
 by: Heron - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 18:33 UTC

On 7/29/2021 1:27 PM, News wrote:
> On 7/29/2021 1:59 PM, Heron wrote:
>> On 7/29/2021 10:27 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:
>>>

>>> <https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/hamilton-id-repeat-verstappen-attack-in-exact-same-way/6638523/>
>>>

>>> ""In terms of the move, I would do the move exactly the way I've
>>> probably done it and I did it last [time)," he explained.
>>>
>>> "In terms of how I've reviewed it and analysed, from all my
>>> experience, and my experience obviously over the years speaks for a
>>> lot, I wouldn't change it."
>>>
>>> "Hamilton confirmed that he phoned Verstappen after the British GP to
>>> check on the Dutchman's progress, but hinted that perhaps they
>>> remained apart in their views of the situation.
>>>
>>> "I did give Max a call after the race to just check he feels okay and
>>> let him know that the respect is still there," he said. "Perhaps it
>>> is not reciprocated, but that's okay."
>>
>> I sincerely hope MV tries it again, and gets schooled
>> yet again, as Hamilton has clearly stated his intentions.
>

> Premeditated crimes draw harsher sentences.

Let MV try turning into Lewis Hamilton again, if he dares.
https://www.racefans.net/2021/07/29/id-do-exactly-the-same-move-on-verstappen-again-hamilton/

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<sduse1$c80$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11845&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11845

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 11:35:44 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 18:35 UTC

On 2021-07-29 11:33 a.m., Heron wrote:
> On 7/29/2021 1:27 PM, News wrote:

>>> I sincerely hope MV tries it again, and gets schooled
>>> yet again, as Hamilton has clearly stated his intentions.
>>

>> Premeditated crimes draw harsher sentences.
>
> Let MV try turning into Lewis Hamilton again, if he dares.
> https://www.racefans.net/2021/07/29/id-do-exactly-the-same-move-on-verstappen-again-hamilton/

MV didn't turn into LH.

LH failed to keep clear.

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<sdusi5$c7t$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11847&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11847

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 14:37:56 -0400
 by: News - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 18:37 UTC

On 7/29/2021 2:33 PM, Heron wrote:
> On 7/29/2021 1:27 PM, News wrote:

>>> I sincerely hope MV tries it again, and gets schooled
>>> yet again, as Hamilton has clearly stated his intentions.
>>

>> Premeditated crimes draw harsher sentences.
>
> Let MV try turning into Lewis Hamilton again, if he dares.
> https://www.racefans.net/2021/07/29/id-do-exactly-the-same-move-on-verstappen-again-hamilton/

Verstappen drive his line, leave room, and be 'attacked' by Hamilton,
again, as threatened?

There are jurisdictions where such acts could result in a driver being
jailed, along with the party inciting the behavior.

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<HJudnchtALwzs578nZ2dnUU7-YednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11866&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11866

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 10:41:49 +1200
 by: geoff - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 22:41 UTC

On 30/07/2021 6:01 am, Alan Baker wrote:
> On 2021-07-29 10:59 a.m., Heron wrote:
>> On 7/29/2021 10:27 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:
>>>

>>> <https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/hamilton-id-repeat-verstappen-attack-in-exact-same-way/6638523/>
>>>

>>> ""In terms of the move, I would do the move exactly the way I've
>>> probably done it and I did it last [time)," he explained.
>>>
>>> "In terms of how I've reviewed it and analysed, from all my
>>> experience, and my experience obviously over the years speaks for a
>>> lot, I wouldn't change it."
>>>
>>> "Hamilton confirmed that he phoned Verstappen after the British GP to
>>> check on the Dutchman's progress, but hinted that perhaps they
>>> remained apart in their views of the situation.
>>>
>>> "I did give Max a call after the race to just check he feels okay and
>>> let him know that the respect is still there," he said. "Perhaps it
>>> is not reciprocated, but that's okay."
>>
>> I sincerely hope MV tries it again, and gets schooled
>> yet again, as Hamilton has clearly stated his intentions.
>
> I'm sorry, but are you HOPING that Hamilton drives into Verstappen?

Um, it was VER who drove into HAM, whether or not you believe HAM
should/could have dropped back more in the <10th of a second involved.

geoff

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<sdvbah$nel$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11869&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11869

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 15:49:53 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 22:49 UTC

On 2021-07-29 3:41 p.m., geoff wrote:
> On 30/07/2021 6:01 am, Alan Baker wrote:

>>> I sincerely hope MV tries it again, and gets schooled
>>> yet again, as Hamilton has clearly stated his intentions.
>>
>> I'm sorry, but are you HOPING that Hamilton drives into Verstappen?
>
> Um, it was VER who drove into HAM, whether or not you believe HAM
> should/could have dropped back more in the <10th of a second involved.

Nope. Verstappen was on his line and left Hamilton space.

As the lead driver, he was entitled to be where he was.

Hamilton chose a speed and a line and when it didn't work to keep clear
of Verstappen, he basically hoped Verstappen would back out of it.

You guys keep imagining that a driver isn't responsible because he gets
understeer from the way he chose to enter the corner.

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<3a96cc00-3784-4f5a-982b-23a63c814ecan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11871&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11871

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 16:58:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 23:58 UTC

On Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 4:49:55 PM UTC-6, Alan Baker wrote:

> Nope. Verstappen was on his line and left Hamilton space.
>
> As the lead driver, he was entitled to be where he was.
>
> Hamilton chose a speed and a line and when it didn't work to keep clear
> of Verstappen, he basically hoped Verstappen would back out of it.
>
> You guys keep imagining that a driver isn't responsible because he gets
> understeer from the way he chose to enter the corner.

yawn

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<91493a0f-8e77-43aa-8928-c241c9e99730n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11895&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11895

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 08:17:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: qwrtz...@gmail.com (XYXPDQ)
 by: XYXPDQ - Fri, 30 Jul 2021 15:17 UTC

On Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 11:35:47 AM UTC-7, Alan Baker wrote:
> On 2021-07-29 11:33 a.m., Heron wrote:

> >> Premeditated crimes draw harsher sentences.
> >
> > Let MV try turning into Lewis Hamilton again, if he dares.
> > https://www.racefans.net/2021/07/29/id-do-exactly-the-same-move-on-verstappen-again-hamilton/
> >
> MV didn't turn into LH.
>
> LH failed to keep clear.

lol

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<se1h30$65a$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11917&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11917

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 11:40:32 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Fri, 30 Jul 2021 18:40 UTC

On 2021-07-30 8:17 a.m., XYXPDQ wrote:
> On Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 11:35:47 AM UTC-7, Alan Baker wrote:

>>> Let MV try turning into Lewis Hamilton again, if he dares.
>>> https://www.racefans.net/2021/07/29/id-do-exactly-the-same-move-on-verstappen-again-hamilton/
>>>
>> MV didn't turn into LH.
>>
>> LH failed to keep clear.

Sorry, but that's the crux of it.

Hamilton got up the inside and Verstappen was leaving him a car's width
plus at the apex.

Hamilton didn't use the space he was given; the space he was obliged to use.

Re: Hamilton would repeat Silverstone move

<xn0n14c1napi0x001@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=11954&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#11954

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 13:23:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Sun, 1 Aug 2021 13:23 UTC

News wrote:

> On 7/29/2021 1:59 PM, Heron wrote:
> > On 7/29/2021 10:27 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:
> > >

> >><https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/hamilton-id-repeat-verstappen-att
> ack-in-exact-same-way/6638523/>
> > >

> > > ""In terms of the move, I would do the move exactly the way I've
> > > probably done it and I did it last [time)," he explained.
> > >
> > > "In terms of how I've reviewed it and analysed, from all my
> > > experience, and my experience obviously over the years speaks for
> > > a lot, I wouldn't change it."
> > >
> > > "Hamilton confirmed that he phoned Verstappen after the British
> > > GP to check on the Dutchman's progress, but hinted that perhaps
> > > they remained apart in their views of the situation.
> > >
> > > "I did give Max a call after the race to just check he feels okay
> > > and let him know that the respect is still there," he said.
> > > "Perhaps it is not reciprocated, but that's okay."
> >
> > I sincerely hope MV tries it again, and gets schooled
> > yet again, as Hamilton has clearly stated his intentions.
>

> Premeditated crimes draw harsher sentences.

Crime? You are such drama queen.

You also have no idea what is meant by "premeditated crime".