Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 21:02:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Whoever the expert that said Dak is better than Brady .
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 04:02 UTC

Can kiss my ass.

Re: Whoever the expert that said Dak is better than Brady .

<87lf449kxh.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1223&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1223

From: eddiegr...@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 14:31:54 -0700
 by: Eddie Grove - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 21:31 UTC

DLS S <dls437@gmail.com> writes:

> Can kiss my ass.

This is why observer should ignore all those statistics he quotes.
Brady was amazing. Docking him for a hail mary INT is stupid.
The 3 intentional incompletions at the end of the game were a positive,
not a negative.

The INT off of Fournette's hands has me conflicted. I have no idea why
Fournette jumped instead of waiting for the ball to fall into his
hands. If Fournette does that in practice, Brady needs to throw the ball
differently.

Dak had a QBR 9 points higher than Brady, maybe 74 vs 65.
Passer rating 105.9 vs 97.0.

Stats mislead. Brady was much better.

Re: Whoever the expert that said Dak is better than Brady .

<46f99576-fd38-4006-aea4-aabe59531607n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1224&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1224

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 15:24:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 22:24 UTC

On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 5:31:57 PM UTC-4, Eddie Grove wrote:
> DLS S <dls...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Can kiss my ass.
>
> This is why observer should ignore all those statistics he quotes.
> Brady was amazing. Docking him for a hail mary INT is stupid.
> The 3 intentional incompletions at the end of the game were a positive,
> not a negative.
>
> The INT off of Fournette's hands has me conflicted. I have no idea why
> Fournette jumped instead of waiting for the ball to fall into his
> hands. If Fournette does that in practice, Brady needs to throw the ball
> differently.
>
> Dak had a QBR 9 points higher than Brady, maybe 74 vs 65.
> Passer rating 105.9 vs 97.0.
>
> Stats mislead. Brady was much better.

I think the expert meant overall.
Dak did look great but by no means is he on Brady's level.

Damm win 1 NFC Championship first.

Re: Whoever the expert that said Dak is better than Brady .

<78ae54e1-5456-439b-9b0f-c89b9c8d9d88n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1226&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1226

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 07:52:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 14:52 UTC

On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 4:31:57 PM UTC-5, Eddie Grove wrote:

/> DLS S <dls...@gmail.com> writes:
/>
/> > Can kiss my ass.
..> This is why observer should ignore all those statistics he quotes.
..> Brady was amazing. Docking him for a hail mary INT is stupid.
..> The 3 intentional incompletions at the end of the game were a positive,
..> not a negative.

First, let's not confuse readers: I've stated
clearly that Tom Brady is the Greatest of
All Time, so DLS is NOT referring to me in
his title. As far as I know, I've never read
any article in where anyone asserted what
DLS said, so DLS is talking nonsense.

..>
..> The INT off of Fournette's hands has me conflicted. I have no idea why
..> Fournette jumped instead of waiting for the ball to fall into his
..> hands. If Fournette does that in practice, Brady needs to throw the ball
..> differently.
..>
..> Dak had a QBR 9 points higher than Brady, maybe 74 vs 65.
..> Passer rating 105.9 vs 97.0.

Dak's passer rating in that game was 101.4,
Brady's was 97.0, both played well, Tom able
to toss 4 TDs, Dak stymied in the red zone &
only able to toss 3. Both QBs would've had
higher passer ratings with fewer interceptions.

The Cowboys came close to winning, & in
very close games, sometimes a field goal
made or missed & an extra point made or
missed makes a big difference. In this game
it did.

As I've clearly stated elsewhere, the officials
not calling offensive pass interference was a
critical error impacting the game, & had the
Bucs been sent back 10 yards instead of the
huge gain that non-call allowed, it would've
been harder for Tom to lead them to victory, ...

.... but since so much time was on the clock,
& the Cowboys defense was showing no sign
of being able to slow the Bucs down, he may
have been able to lead the Bucs far enough
down the field to put their field goal kicker in
position to make or miss that final kick.

However, the percentages of success after
a 10 yard penalty are dramatically less than
they are after a long pass reception that puts
you into ideal field goal range.

As for trying to subjectivize statistics, some
perceive wins as the best stat to judge QBs
by, & Tom's team won, Dak's team didn't, but
in other respects, a QB plays a big role in a
win or loss, but with 48 (I think that's the num-
ber) players active on game day + the head ...

.... coach & all the other coaches involved, it
goes without saying that it takes a lot more
than the QB to win or lose a game. As for all
the characteristics that make Tom Brady the
Greatest of All Time, the unmeasurables are
probably the preeminent ones, Tom's leader- ...

.... ship & ability to inspire others, Tom's ability
to combine a totality of presence that inspires
others as well as himself to excel, Tom's per-
ceiving that he still has something to prove &
the NEXT Super Bowl is all he's interested in,
not the 7 he's already won.

..>
..> Stats mislead. Brady was much better.