From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket,aus.sport.cricket
Subject: Is India v Pakistan bigger than a FIFA World Cup final?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 09:48:32 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 16:48 UTC

When India and Pakistan play:

But when they do play, the ground shakes. Australia sampled this last
October when more than 90,000 filled the MCG to the point of jeopardy
for eardrums for India-Pakistan in the Twenty20 World Cup.

"Fifty-year MCG veterans still shake their heads in wondrous memory of
what some think was the most extraordinary thing they’ve ever seen at
the ground." It was much the same at the Adelaide Oval in the 2015
50-over World Cup.

Pakistan’s director of coaching, Mickey Arthur, an international
veteran, says size alone puts India-Pakistan beyond compare. “It’s the
scale. It’s the passion. It’s the intensity. It’s bigger than anything
I’ve ever witnessed, it’s just beyond the realms of your imagination.

“As a coach, it’s hard to build up as just another game. You want to,
but you can’t because the scale of it is just too big.”

Harsha Bhogle, the voice of Indian cricket, thinks India versus Pakistan
might be the biggest sports event of all. Before you footballistas rush
to your keyboard in splenetic indignation, yes there is the World Cup
final, but the audience for that, though passionate, is mostly neutral.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/passion-politics-intensity-is-india-v-pakistan-bigger-than-a-fifa-world-cup-final-20231012-p5ebuk.html

Re: Is India v Pakistan bigger than a FIFA World Cup final?

<1ef4417a-d1de-43a7-bf99-f1a104d9394an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1203&group=rec.sport.cricket#1203

Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 02:17:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: anywhere...@gmail.com (Robert Henderson)
 by: Robert Henderson - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 09:17 UTC

On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 5:48:38 PM UTC+1, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> When India and Pakistan play:
>
> But when they do play, the ground shakes. Australia sampled this last
> October when more than 90,000 filled the MCG to the point of jeopardy
> for eardrums for India-Pakistan in the Twenty20 World Cup.
>
> "Fifty-year MCG veterans still shake their heads in wondrous memory of
> what some think was the most extraordinary thing they’ve ever seen at
> the ground." It was much the same at the Adelaide Oval in the 2015
> 50-over World Cup.
>
> Pakistan’s director of coaching, Mickey Arthur, an international
> veteran, says size alone puts India-Pakistan beyond compare. “It’s the
> scale. It’s the passion. It’s the intensity. It’s bigger than anything
> I’ve ever witnessed, it’s just beyond the realms of your imagination.
>
> “As a coach, it’s hard to build up as just another game. You want to,
> but you can’t because the scale of it is just too big.”
>
> Harsha Bhogle, the voice of Indian cricket, thinks India versus Pakistan
> might be the biggest sports event of all. Before you footballistas rush
> to your keyboard in splenetic indignation, yes there is the World Cup
> final, but the audience for that, though passionate, is mostly neutral.

> https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/passion-politics-intensity-is-india-v-pakistan-bigger-than-a-fifa-world-cup-final-20231012-p5ebuk.html

The whining of subcontnentals about the state of their countries over 75 years after the firm blessed guiding hand of the Raj was tragically removed is certainly impressive ....RH