So I'm ugly. So what? I never saw anyone hit with his face. -- Yogi Berra

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys / Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years

SubjectAuthor
* Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021observer
+* Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021observer
|`- Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021DLS S
`* Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt CowbEddie Grove
 `* Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt CowbEddie Grove
  `* Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021observer
   `* Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt CowbEddie Grove
    +- Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021observer
    `* Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021observer
     +- Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021observer
     `* Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowbobserver
      `- Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021observer

1
Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years

<2dbdc72a-d2da-4d8a-8221-d63d54357dfdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1204&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1204

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 07:14:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021
Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 14:14 UTC

Last Year Season Opener @ Rams, Jaylen
Ramsey Sells Refs on an Offensive Pass
Interference Call Against Gallup That Never
Happened!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWTH6FIYL5A

Last year, Cowboys called for offensive pass
interference in season opener that in fact, didn't
happen, cost the Cowboys a chance at winning
the game:
https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/nfl/cowboys/nfl-dak-tampa-bay-bucs-brady-special-teams-red-zone-woes-ruin-prescotts-triumphant-return-for-dallas-cowboys/287-b79ac89a-bda8-47c2-ac89-0473c26c7233

Last season, Dallas WR Michael Gallup was
called for a questionable offensive pass inter-
ference penalty that cost the team a chance at
winning Week 1 in Los Angeles.

[This Year Season Opener @ Bucs]

With just 24 seconds left in the game and the
Buccaneers on the Dallas 42-yard line, Tom
Brady threw to receiver Chris Godwin, who
shoved Cowboys CB Jourdan Lewis in the
chest to create separation and make a crucial ...

.... 24-yard catch to put Tampa Bay in field goal
range.

The play appeared to be an obvious push off that
wasn’t called.

- - - end excerpt - - -

That was a blatant offensive pass interference
non-call that should've been made that cost the
Cowboys the game.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFNB-lsw10k

Former NFL referee Terry McAulay, who now
works as the rules official for NBC, was asked
about the play on the broadcast and he said he
definitely would have called offensive pass inter-
ference.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-loss-includes-controversial-offensive-pass-interference-no-call-that-benefitted-the-buccaneers/

Jourdan Lewis should be advised that when offen-
sive pass interference is used on him, he should
protest strongly to the officials & solicit officials to
make the right call. Last year, Jalen Ramsey soli-
cited officials into making the wrong call & one ...

.... can only wonder if a Jourdan protest would've
gotten the officials to make the correct offensive
pass interference call this year.

Since Jourdan & the coaches did -not- protest, it
appears their lack of response resulted in officials
keeping their flags in their pockets.

--- --- ---

Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years

<73744f45-2665-448e-bce0-c8fa0f94f9b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1214&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1214

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 12:56:29 -0700 (PDT)
Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 19:56 UTC

Follow-up:

5 minutes into Sportscenter discussion of the
game today, a female commentator watching
the replay of the Godwin catch / offensive pass
interfercence non-call, asks the other commen-
tator "Question for you, was that offensive pass
interference?" Other commentator response: "Not
when Tom Brady's the quarterback."

????????????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO NO NO, offensive pass interference IS offen-
sive pass interference, period, no matter who the
quarterback is, and Bucs receivers don't get a free
offensive pass interference allowed ticket just by
trying to catch passes from Tom Brady. SHEESH,
talk about ridiculous absurdity, this has to be one ...

.... of the WORST non-calls ever, blatant knocking
the defender to the ground with a clear arm exten-
sion push off, much of the cheering for the Bucs
leading to many ignoring the offensive pass inter-
ference as if simply by ignorning it, it didn't happen.

It DID happen and it COST the Cowboys the game!

In slow-mo, clearly Godwin pushed Lewis with his
right hand, then shoved him with his left arm/elbow,
knocking Lewis to the ground, his catch clearly ille-
gal offensive pass interference!

The opposite happened last year, offensive pass
interference that did NOT happen called on Gallup,
costing the Cowboys a chance at a win in the sea-
son opener versus the Rams, acknowledged as
NOT happening by many pundits who examined
that blatantly incorrect call.

On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 9:14:58 AM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> Last Year Season Opener @ Rams, Jaylen
..> Ramsey Sells Refs on an Offensive Pass
..> Interference Call Against Gallup That Never
..> Happened!
..>
[...]
..> --- --- ---

Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years

<5d3445dd-b811-4739-bedf-15ad3ad22c59n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1216&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1216

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 13:38:01 -0700 (PDT)
Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years
From: dls...@gmail.com (DLS S)
 by: DLS S - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 20:38 UTC

On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 3:56:30 PM UTC-4, observer wrote:
> [...]
> .> ference.
> .> https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-loss-includes-controversial-offensive-pass-interference-no-call-that-benefitted-the-buccaneers/
> .>
> .> Jourdan Lewis should be advised that when offen-
> .> sive pass interference is used on him, he should
> .> protest strongly to the officials & solicit officials to
> .> make the right call. Last year, Jalen Ramsey soli-
> .> cited officials into making the wrong call & one ...
> .>
> .> ... can only wonder if a Jourdan protest would've
> .> gotten the officials to make the correct offensive
> .> pass interference call this year.
> .>
> .> Since Jourdan & the coaches did -not- protest, it
> .> appears their lack of response resulted in officials
> .> keeping their flags in their pockets.

It happened -true.
Cost the Cowboys the game- false!!

Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years

<875yv8b0pk.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1219&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1219

From: eddiegr...@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Subject: Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 14:05:43 -0700
 by: Eddie Grove - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 21:05 UTC

observer <prohumanistfreelover@gmail.com> writes:

> That was a blatant offensive pass interference
> non-call that should've been made that cost the
> Cowboys the game.

I can't speak to bad calls in prior years, but that was never going to
be called. It doesn't matter what the rule says, it is about precedent.

The precedent for the way they officiate OPI is that
(1) the receiver's hand needs to be on the defender's chest and
(2) the arm must be fully extended.
This failed on (1).

Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years

<87ilz4t1zu.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1247&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1247

From: eddiegr...@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:49:41 -0700
 by: Eddie Grove - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 00:49 UTC

Eddie Grove <eddiegrove@hotmail.com> writes:

> observer <prohumanistfreelover@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> That was a blatant offensive pass interference
>> non-call that should've been made that cost the
>> Cowboys the game.
>
> I can't speak to bad calls in prior years, but that was never going to
> be called. It doesn't matter what the rule says, it is about precedent.
>
> The precedent for the way they officiate OPI is that
> (1) the receiver's hand needs to be on the defender's chest and
> (2) the arm must be fully extended.
> This failed on (1).

When I wrote this, I wasn't sure whether I was being too specific
stating "chest". In the Niners game, at the beginning of the 2nd quarter
there was another OPI by the book that was not called on the field,
where the receiver fully extended his arm with his hand on the
defender's shoulder pads. Apparently that's not enough either.

If you see an OPI called that doesn't fit my #1 and #2 above, please
post about it. I'm not talking about pick routes, just pushoffs.

Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years

<8fc1ea11-bff4-435f-a466-7aae30b4e482n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1250&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1250

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 18:32:48 -0700 (PDT)
Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 01:32 UTC

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 7:49:44 PM UTC-5, Eddie Grove wrote:
> Eddie Grove <eddie...@hotmail.com> writes:
> > observer <prohumanis...@gmail.com> writes:
/> >> That was a blatant offensive pass interference
/> >> non-call that should've been made that cost the
/> >> Cowboys the game.

~> > I can't speak to bad calls in prior years, but that was never going to
~> > be called. It doesn't matter what the rule says, it is about precedent.
~> >
~> > The precedent for the way they officiate OPI is that
~> > (1) the receiver's hand needs to be on the defender's chest and
~> > (2) the arm must be fully extended.
~> > This failed on (1).

..> When I wrote this, I wasn't sure whether I was being too specific
..> stating "chest". In the Niners game, at the beginning of the 2nd quarter
..> there was another OPI by the book that was not called on the field,
..> where the receiver fully extended his arm with his hand on the
..> defender's shoulder pads. Apparently that's not enough either.
..>
..> If you see an OPI called that doesn't fit my #1 and #2 above, please
..> post about it. I'm not talking about pick routes, just pushoffs.

I stand by my original statement in the original
post in this thread, supported by a former NFL
official's (Terry McAulay's) comment -during-
the game after the non-call of the offensive
pass interference transpired in which he said
"I definitely would have called offensive pass
interference.":
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/EVkK_6wARmE/m/LnMGznbYDQAJ

| That was a blatant offensive pass interference
| non-call that should've been made that cost the
| Cowboys the game.
|
| Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFNB-lsw10k
| | Former NFL referee Terry McAulay, who now
| works as the rules official for NBC, was asked
| about the play on the broadcast and he said he
| definitely would have called offensive pass inter-
| ference.
| https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-loss-includes-controversial-offensive-pass-interference-no-call-that-benefitted-the-buccaneers/
| | --- --- ---

Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years

<87tuind9e6.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1251&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1251

From: eddiegr...@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:16:33 -0700
 by: Eddie Grove - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 05:16 UTC

observer <prohumanistfreelover@gmail.com> writes:

> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 7:49:44 PM UTC-5, Eddie Grove wrote:
>> Eddie Grove <eddie...@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> > observer <prohumanis...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> /> >> That was a blatant offensive pass interference
> /> >> non-call that should've been made that cost the
> /> >> Cowboys the game.
>
> ~> > I can't speak to bad calls in prior years, but that was never going to
> ~> > be called. It doesn't matter what the rule says, it is about precedent.
> ~> >
> ~> > The precedent for the way they officiate OPI is that
> ~> > (1) the receiver's hand needs to be on the defender's chest and
> ~> > (2) the arm must be fully extended.
> ~> > This failed on (1).
>
> .> When I wrote this, I wasn't sure whether I was being too specific
> .> stating "chest". In the Niners game, at the beginning of the 2nd quarter
> .> there was another OPI by the book that was not called on the field,
> .> where the receiver fully extended his arm with his hand on the
> .> defender's shoulder pads. Apparently that's not enough either.
> .>
> .> If you see an OPI called that doesn't fit my #1 and #2 above, please
> .> post about it. I'm not talking about pick routes, just pushoffs.
>
> I stand by my original statement in the original
> post in this thread, supported by a former NFL
> official's (Terry McAulay's) comment -during-
> the game after the non-call of the offensive
> pass interference transpired in which he said
> "I definitely would have called offensive pass
> interference.":

Maybe he would have, but I personally do not recall ever seeing that
kind of push off get called. Anyway, if you happen to witness an
example, please post so I know about it.

Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years

<a6062fb3-1a72-44f8-bfc8-6daa1149703bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1252&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1252

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 07:21:15 -0700 (PDT)
Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:21 UTC

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 12:16:37 AM UTC-5, Eddie Grove wrote:

> observer <prohumanis...@gmail.com> writes:

\> > /> >> That was a blatant offensive pass interference
\> > /> >> non-call that should've been made that cost the
\> > /> >> Cowboys the game.
~> > ~> > I can't speak to bad calls in prior years, but that was never going to
~> > ~> > be called. It doesn't matter what the rule says, it is about precedent.
~> > ~> >
~> > ~> > The precedent for the way they officiate OPI is that
~> > ~> > (1) the receiver's hand needs to be on the defender's chest and
~> > ~> > (2) the arm must be fully extended.
~> > ~> > This failed on (1).
|> > .> When I wrote this, I wasn't sure whether I was being too specific
|> > .> stating "chest". In the Niners game, at the beginning of the 2nd quarter
|> > .> there was another OPI by the book that was not called on the field,
|> > .> where the receiver fully extended his arm with his hand on the
|> > .> defender's shoulder pads. Apparently that's not enough either.
|> > .>
|> > .> If you see an OPI called that doesn't fit my #1 and #2 above, please
|> > .> post about it. I'm not talking about pick routes, just pushoffs.
/> > I stand by my original statement in the original
/> > post in this thread, supported by a former NFL
/> > official's (Terry McAulay's) comment -during-
/> > the game after the non-call of the offensive
/> > pass interference transpired in which he said
/> > "I definitely would have called offensive pass
/> > interference.":

..> Maybe he would have, but I personally do not recall ever seeing that
..> kind of push off get called. Anyway, if you happen to witness an
..> example, please post so I know about it.

Offensive Pass Interference | NFL Football Operations Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVuIMhZbZzo

Per that video, "pass interference" is "any act
by a player more than 1 yard beyond the line
of scrimmage that significantly hinders an eli-
gible player's opportunity to catch the ball."

Godwin's acts (pushing Lewis with his right
hand + shoving Lewis down with his left elbow
EXTENSION to push Lewis to the ground)
WERE definitely offensive pass interference,
in the opinions of myself & many others.

Note the opinion of former wide receiver Greg
Jennings in a review of this egregious non-
call 3:33 into the following lengthy game re-
view (my clarifying comments inserted in
parentheses): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r-ddYFx_OI

Female analyst: "Let's turn out attention to
the big non-call last night, Chris Godwin's
crucial 24-yard catch that set up the game-
winning field goal, some saying it was a
flop, some saying it was a push-off, ...

here's what Godwin had to say, take a
listen: (chuckling), 'no, no, no, never worry
about offensive pass interference ...' "

Female analyst: "Never worries about OPI,
hey Greg, you had over 570 receptions in
your career, what did you make ... of this
play?"

4:26 into the video:

Greg Jennings: "You know, when I was
playing, this was legal like it was illegal
but we got away with it, offensive pass
interference wasn't a big call but in today's
game, the way they call it there's so much
discrepancy & this is why I don't like it, ...

.... you (referring to the officials) have to
throw this (referring to a penalty flag)
be cause he (referring to Godwin) did
disengage the defender at the end, &
I'm a receiver, I don't like it but because
they're both in arm wrestling battle ...

.... (NO, they weren't as Lewis hardly
did anything other than being in posi-
tion to make a play -IF- Godwin had
not shoved him to the ground) which
we heard Chris Godwin say, but at
the very end, he (Godwin) does ...

.... disbar the defender (Lewis) with
his arm & once that arm extends you
typically have to see a yellow flag
thrown (i.e., an offensive pass inter-
ference call), look at the arm extend
right there at the end. Once you see ...

.... that, that is typically indicative of
offensive pass interference."

At the 5:16 point, another commen-
tator chimes in with a 'defense' of
the officials - see the video if you're
a fan of the non-call & all the deniers
who in essence are simply cheering
for the Bucs win no matter what ...

.... occurred regarding the egregious
non-call on the blatant offensive pass
interception 24-yard game as opposed
to 10-yard penalty, a net difference of
34 yards which made all the difference
at the deciding point in the game.

The following, it shows how officials
in 2020 called far more pass interfer-
ence on defenses than offenses:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/penalties.htm

309 defensive pass interference calls
62 offensive pass interference calls

The following shows that 8 teams had
NO offensive pass interference penal-
ties in 2020: Ravens, Bears, 49ers,
Packers, Seahawks, Broncos, Dolphins.
https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?yr=2020

Reminder, the video & comments from
a Cowboys fan comparing the illegiti-
macy of the illegitimate OPI against
Gallup in the season opener last year
& the illegitimate OPI *non-call* in the
season opener this year:
*** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFNB-lsw10k ***

I rest my case.

--- --- ---

Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years

<a46c2c42-d9fe-4431-9e2c-65b7dde9809dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1253&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1253

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 07:36:25 -0700 (PDT)
Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:36 UTC

(corrected re-post to fix mistakes I only
noticed making after I posted, whoops,
hey, we all make mistakes, but when it
comes to pass interference, other than
that 1 year when the NFL experimented
with allowing those mistakes to be cor- ...

.... rected, now the NFL's position is to
ignore or go into denial mode when it
comes to pass interference call/non-call
mistakes)

> [...]

but we got away with it, offensive pass
interference wasn't a big call but in today's
game, the way they call it there's so much
discrepancy & this is why I don't like it, ...

.... you (referring to the officials) have to
throw this (referring to a penalty flag)
because he (referring to Godwin) did
disengage the defender at the end, &
I'm a receiver, I don't like it but because
they're both in arm wrestling battle ...

.... (NO, they weren't as Lewis hardly did
anything other than being in position to
make a play -IF- Godwin had not shoved
him to the ground) which we heard Chris
Godwin say, but at the very end, he (God-
win) does disbar the defender (Lewis) ...

.... with his arm & once that arm extends
you typically have to see a yellow flag
thrown (i.e., an offensive pass interfer-
ence call), look at the arm extend right
there at the end. Once you see that, that
is typically indicative of offensive pass
interference."

At the 5:16 point, another commentator
chimes in with a 'defense' of the officials
- see the video if you're a fan of the non-
call & all the deniers who in essence are
simply cheering for the Bucs win no mat-
ter what occurred regarding the egregious ...

.... non-call on the blatant offensive pass
interference non-call reception 24-yard
gain as opposed to 10-yard penalty, a
[...]

<e7fb0df1-a7a5-4982-8d6b-4cf027acd9bcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1254&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1254

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 07:45:43 -0700 (PDT)
Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:45 UTC

Another follow-up: I made another mistake in the
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/EVkK_6wARmE/m/f0mtAfUTDwAJ

I said 8 teams had NO offensive pass interference
penalties in 2020, actually only 7 teams had NO
offensive pass interference penalties in 2020:

Ravens
Bears
49ers
Packers
Seahawks
Broncos
Dolphins

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?yr=2020 Ravens, Bears, 49ers, Packers,

--- --- ---

Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years

<fe0a9181-ded3-4e1e-9bf8-003e2af66eb8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1255&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1255

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 07:48:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:48 UTC

Another follow-up: I made another mistake in the
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/EVkK_6wARmE/m/f0mtAfUTDwAJ

I said 8 teams had NO offensive pass interference
penalties in 2020, actually only 7 teams had NO
offensive pass interference penalties in 2020:

Ravens
Bears
49ers
Packers
Seahawks
Broncos
Dolphins

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?yr=2020

--- --- ---

Re: Wrong Offensive Pass Interference Call in 2020 & Non-Call in 2021 Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years

<d640711a-8e5d-47f3-8cec-35f4f9c85dcan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1285&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1285

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 20:03:46 -0700 (PDT)
Haunt Cowboys in Season Openers Last 2 Years
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 03:03 UTC

Here's a non-call on the Bucs I hadn't noticed while
watching the game, noticed & a fine invoked by the
NFL 9 days after the game was played:

---
September 18 2021

NFL admits mistake on play that potentially
cost the Dallas Cowboys a Week 1 win over
the Buccaneers
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/9/18/22681265/nfl-admits-mistake-on-play-that-potentially-cost-the-dallas-cowboys-a-week-1-win-over-the-buccaneers
---

A Dak 3rd down pass could've been intercepted
by Bucs defender Lavonte David and David was
so upset that it wasn’t that he slammed his helmet
down on the field in frustration. That is a clear &
obvious unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

.... Here is the Lavonte David play that the NFL took
9 days to own up on. If the penalty is called in the
moment & not over a week later the Cowboys have
a first down and maybe score a touchdown as op-
posed to kick a field goal in a game they lost by 2.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1439324905011621897

.... Lavonte David was fined for this non-called penalty
so the NFL will feel like justice has been served, but
this potentially swung the game (obviously we are
using some hindsight to come to that conclusion). ...
The NFL loves to react to things as opposed to enact
proactive measurements and safeguards so that the
right thing happens in the moment. ...

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 9:48:08 AM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> Another follow-up: I made another mistake in the
..> https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/EVkK_6wARmE/m/f0mtAfUTDwAJ
..>
..> I said 8 teams had NO offensive pass interference
..> penalties in 2020, actually only 7 teams had NO
..> offensive pass interference penalties in 2020:
..>
..> Ravens
..> Bears
..> 49ers