Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 08:05:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Odd TV Quadruple Games on Opening Sunday
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 15:05 UTC

Typically, networks are restricted to -3- local games
on Sunday afternoon, as are scheduled to be shown
next Sunday, 9/19.

Usually, 2 'early' noon games are shown, but only
-1- doubleheader 'late' game is shown. However,
somehow, all -4- of the following games were shown
locally yesterday:

Texans vs Jaguars 'early' game
Eagles vs Falcons 'early' game
Chiefs vs Browns 'late' game
Saints vs Packers 'late' game

Next Sunday, only -3- are scheduled:

Texans vs Browns 'early' game
Saints vs Panthers 'early' game
Cowboys vs Chargers 'late' game

Don't know if they made an exception for the season
opening weekend or if a quadruple may recur some-
time later in the season.

It was great having cheering fans in the stands for
those games, albeit the Saints vs Packers game in
Jacksonville, not as much cheering due to it being
away from both teams' homes.

Texans looked better than expected. Saints looked
awesome. Eagles looked scarily good. Browns &
Chiefs were both great, the Browns leading most
of the game but the punter fumbling a late punt
spelling doom for them. The Packers were awful,
Aaron Rodgers looking like he wasn't ready to
play.

The Saints 38-3 win over the Packers, the same
exact score when they beat the Super Bowl des-
tined Bucs last year, so I fully expect that was an
aberration for the Packers, but maybe not.

--- --- ---

Re: Odd TV Quadruple Games on Opening Sunday

<48d26722-167b-4f5a-9192-38f9aa4b2d5en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1241&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1241

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 08:15:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Odd TV Quadruple Games on Opening Sunday
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 15:15 UTC

Follow-up:

I meant to also mention how awesome the
Rams looked with Matthew Stafford & Cooper
Kupp last night, & how impressive their new
stadium looked full of fans for the 1st time.
Tempted to say the Rams may very well be
the NFC Champ / Super Bowl Champ this ...

.... season as the Super Bowl will be played
in So-Fi Stadium. However, the Saints also
looked awesome, & considering the Cowboys
came ever-so-close to beating last year's
NFC Champ / Super Bowl Champ Bucs, I
expect the Cowboys may very well be in ...

.... the picture once their new defense gets
up to speed, hopefully sooner rather than
later.

The NFC West, talk about a scarily good
division, all -4- teams winning yesterday,
all -4- looking like potential Super Bowl
worthy teams.

On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 10:05:03 AM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> Typically, networks are restricted to -3- local games
..> on Sunday afternoon, as are scheduled to be shown
..> next Sunday, 9/19.
..>
[...]
..> --- --- ---

Re: Odd TV Quadruple Games on Opening Sunday

<87ee9st1rs.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1248&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1248

From: eddiegr...@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:54:31 -0700
 by: Eddie Grove - Tue, 14 Sep 2021 00:54 UTC

observer <prohumanistfreelover@gmail.com> writes:

> Usually, 2 'early' noon games are shown, but only
> -1- doubleheader 'late' game is shown. However,
> somehow, all -4- of the following games were shown
> locally yesterday:

I heard or read on the screen something about this being the first time
that 5 games were shown on Sunday in every market. I think it was just
to celebrate fans returning to stadiums, but I expect to see it increase
over time. Networks are desperate for programming that people want to
watch in real time.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys / Re: Odd TV Quadruple Games on Opening Sunday