Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.indycar,rec.autos.sport.cart
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Update for the Jamie Chadwick fans
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 10:10:41 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 17:10 UTC

Update for the Jamie Chadwick fans

Many want there to be a quality female driver in F1.
Some thought that after Jamie Chadwick won the W-Series
championship handily 3 years straight, she might be the
elusive and long sought "real deal".

No European team or series reached out to her.
Andretti Racing offered her one of their 4 seats in
the Indy NXT Series for 2023. A good deal, because they
run a quality team and long ago treated Danica Patrick
pretty fairly.

Here is the citation for the Indy NXT series.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Indy_NXT

There have been 7 races so far.
There have now been races at the open road courses at
Barber Motorsports Park Birmingham, Alabama
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course Speedway, Indiana
Road America Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
One may think she should have been at her best at these.

Jamie is not performing impressively.
One team mate Louis Foster has a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd and is
4th of the 20 in the standings.
Another Hunter McElrea has a 3rd and 3 4ths and is 3rd in
the standings.
A third, James Roe has a couple of 5ths and is 8th in standings.
Jamie's best finish is a 10th and she is 17th in the standings.
Six races yet to go, so she has time to show improvement.

Here is her wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Chadwick

IMHO - she should not get distracted by "She is a development
driver for the Williams Formula One team." I fear they will
use her for publicity and her sponsorship funds, and discard her.