From: FBInCIAn...@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket
Subject: Stokes questions DRS ball tracking over Crawley's lbw dismissal
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 07:54:58 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 15:54 UTC

I have been arguing since 2010/2011 that DRS ball tracking is IMPERFECT
and that it NEEDS to be IMPROVED.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ind-vs-eng-2nd-test-ben-stokes-questions-drs-zak-crawley-lbw-dismissal-1419938

Stokes questions DRS over Crawley's lbw dismissal

"I don't think it's unfair for someone to say 'I think the technology
has got it wrong on this occasion.'"

Ben Stokes has questioned the DRS for giving Zak Crawley out lbw but
does not believe it was the reason England lost the second Test in
Visakhapatnam.

India levelled the series 1-1 with victory by 106 runs on day four,
bowling the tourists out for 292 in pursuit of 399. Just as in the first
innings, Crawley was the leading scorer, this time with 73, while no one
else passed 36.

Crawley was holding firm as wickets fell around him in the morning
session. At the end of the 42nd over, he was struck on the pad by a
length delivery from Kuldeep Yadav, which was given not out on the field
by standing umpire Marais Erasmus.

India captain Rohit Sharma took his time before asking for a review and
was rewarded when Erasmus had to subsequently overturn his original
decision. The contentious element seemed to be the impact of the ball
into leg stump, which, to the England captain, looked far less certain
than DRS' projected path.

"Technology in the game is obviously there," said Stokes at stumps.
"Everyone has an understanding of the reasons it can never be 100% which
is why we have the umpire's call. That's why it's in place.

"When it's not 100% as everyone says, I don't think it's unfair for
someone to say 'I think the technology has got it wrong on this
occasion'. And that is my personal opinion. I will say that.

"But in a game full of ifs, buts and maybes, I am not going to say
that's the reason why we haven't got the result we wanted. I'm just
saying my personal opinion is that the technology has gone wrong on this
occasion, and I think that's fair to say."

Crawley walked off with 205 still to get, closely followed by Jonny
Bairstow five balls later, leaving England 194 for 6 going into the
afternoon session. India needed just 26.4 overs to take the remaining
four wickets to square matters ahead of a 10-day break in the series.
The teams will meet again for the third Test in Rajkot, which begins on
February 15.

Asked if he was looking to escalate his complaints, Stokes added: "You
can't really do much with things that have been and gone. A decision has
been made, and you can't really overturn a decision that has been made.
That is where I stand on that."