[Babe] Ruth made a big mistake when he gave up pitching. -- Tris Speaker, 1921

sport / rec.sport.cricket / Is Sachin Ambidextrous?

SubjectAuthor
* Is Sachin Ambidextrous?Random World
`- Re: Is Sachin Ambidextrous?max.it

1
Is Sachin Ambidextrous?

<f4acebde-0a4d-4c21-99c7-f73a1402802fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1277&group=rec.sport.cricket#1277

Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 06:31:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Is Sachin Ambidextrous?
From: randomwo...@gmail.com (Random World)
 by: Random World - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 14:31 UTC

The Roots of Ambidexterity

There’s no definitive answer to how Sachin’s ambidexterity developed. Some say he started writing and eating with his left hand, but his elder brother, Ajit Tendulkar, encouraged him to bat right-handed to counter the dominance of left-arm bowlers. Others suggest it was a natural inclination to use both hands, refined through practice and training.

Regardless of his origin, Sachin’s ambidexterity manifested in various ways. He writes, eats with a fork and knife, and throws with his left hand. Interestingly, he uses his right hand for chopsticks! See the video posted by Sachin Tendulkar on his YouTube channel.

Think twice before offering a right-handed pen again! About 10% of the population sways the left way, but in cricket, that number nearly doubles! From the legendary Viv Richards to the unstoppable Mitchell Starc, left-handed cricketers have proven their dominance on the field.

Bonus! Want to impress your friends with some lefty trivia? Did you know Leonardo da Vinci, Marie Curie, and even Albert Einstein were all part of the left-handed club?

Tendulkar told Gaurav Kapur on ‘Breakfast with Champions’ in 2018 that he was forced to become a right-handed batter. His house had only one cricket kit when he was 10 years old. His right-handed brother, Ajit, owned the kit.

https://cricket-blog.co.uk/is-sachin-tendulkar-left-handed/

Re: Is Sachin Ambidextrous?

<9ktpsitoqdf31sdudm6sorr0ud75e6lt7q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1278&group=rec.sport.cricket#1278

From: max...@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Is Sachin Ambidextrous?
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:24:17 +0000
 by: max.it - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:24 UTC

On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 06:31:48 -0800 (PST), Random World
<randomworld438@gmail.com> wrote:

>The Roots of Ambidexterity
>
>There’s no definitive answer to how Sachin’s ambidexterity developed. Some say he started writing and eating with his left hand, but his elder brother, Ajit Tendulkar, encouraged him to bat right-handed to counter the dominance of left-arm bowlers. Others suggest it was a natural inclination to use both hands, refined through practice and training.
>
>Regardless of his origin, Sachin’s ambidexterity manifested in various ways. He writes, eats with a fork and knife, and throws with his left hand. Interestingly, he uses his right hand for chopsticks! See the video posted by Sachin Tendulkar on his YouTube channel.
>
>Think twice before offering a right-handed pen again! About 10% of the population sways the left way, but in cricket, that number nearly doubles! From the legendary Viv Richards to the unstoppable Mitchell Starc, left-handed cricketers have proven their dominance on the field.
>
>Bonus! Want to impress your friends with some lefty trivia? Did you know Leonardo da Vinci, Marie Curie, and even Albert Einstein were all part of the left-handed club?
>
>Tendulkar told Gaurav Kapur on ‘Breakfast with Champions’ in 2018 that he was forced to become a right-handed batter. His house had only one cricket kit when he was 10 years old. His right-handed brother, Ajit, owned the kit.
>
>https://cricket-blog.co.uk/is-sachin-tendulkar-left-handed/

Hurling is a game played almost entirely with a left handed grip
regardless of personal inclination.

max.it