I guess the Little League is even littler than we thought. -- D. Cavett

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys / Re: Final - Cowboys 20 @ Chargers 17

SubjectAuthor
* Final - Cowboys 20 @ Chargers 17observer
`* Re: Final - Cowboys 20 @ Chargers 17observer
 `- Re: Final - Cowboys 20 @ Chargers 17observer

1
Final - Cowboys 20 @ Chargers 17

<297df016-8adc-453c-bf34-05144608e1f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1295&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1295

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 16:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Final - Cowboys 20 @ Chargers 17
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 23:21 UTC

2nd half, highlighted by a field goal battle,
neither team able to score a TD, the Cow-
boys dramatically helped with an end zone
interception by safety Jayron Kearse.

Pollard showing signs he may be up to the
task of taking Zeke's starting spot on the
roster, maybe. Final drive, Cowboys suc-
cessfully ran out the clock, setting up Zuer-
lein for a 56 yard field goal attempt.

Here it is, snap, kick, right down the middle
for the WIN !!!

Boy, was that ever close, 2nd straight game
down to the wire. I'll follow this up with a lot
of posts with commentary from others re-
garding the Cowboys overcoming injuries
to -5- starters to pull out this win at the last
second.

--- --- ---

Re: Final - Cowboys 20 @ Chargers 17

<8a14003d-2013-4c21-9284-0cd323344e1cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1297&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1297

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 17:52:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Final - Cowboys 20 @ Chargers 17
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Mon, 20 Sep 2021 00:52 UTC

One correction & links to game reports:

On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 6:21:40 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> 2nd half, highlighted by a field goal battle,
..> neither team able to score a TD, the Cow-
..> boys dramatically helped with an end zone
..> interception by safety Jayron Kearse.

I made a mistake on that one, the interception
actually made by safety Damontae Kazee.

..>
..> Pollard showing signs he may be up to the
..> task of taking Zeke's starting spot on the
..> roster, maybe. Final drive, Cowboys suc-
..> cessfully ran out the clock, setting up Zuer-
..> lein for a 56 yard field goal attempt.
..>
..> Here it is, snap, kick, right down the middle
..> for the WIN !!!
..>
..> Boy, was that ever close, 2nd straight game
..> down to the wire. I'll follow this up with a lot
..> of posts with commentary from others re-
..> garding the Cowboys overcoming injuries
..> to -5- starters to pull out this win at the last
..> second.
..>
..> *--- --- ---*

nfl.com game report
https://www.nfl.com/games/cowboys-at-chargers-2021-reg-2?active-tab=watch

Game Recap: Cowboys Beat LA On Final Kick, 20-17
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/game-recap-cowboys-beat-la-on-final-kick-20-17

Who needs 30 points to win? Not your Dallas Cowboys.

In defeating the Los Angeles Chargers, 20-17, the Cow-
boys moved to 1-1 on the season and broke a streak of
34 straight games of only winning when they topped 30
points. It marked the first time to do so since a 27-20 vic-
tory over Tampa Bay on Dec. 23, 2018.

.... The Dallas defense allowed 408 yards of offense, but
the Chargers reached the end zone on only one of four
trips into the red zone. Dallas also had two interceptions
with two sacks and nine quarterback pressures. Rookie
linebacker Micah Parsons, lining up as a pass rusher,
recorded one sack and four pressures on his own.

The was good enough for the Cowboys offense, which
scored on two of three red zone trips, converted 60 per-
cent of its third down chances and totaled 419 yards of
offense. Prescott completed 85.2 percent of his passes
for 237 yards and one interception, but he didn't need to
carry the team this week.

Instead, the Cowboys racked up 198 rushing yards, led
by Tony Pollard's 109 and Ezekiel Elliott's 71. Both also
had 31 and 26 receiving yards, respectively.

.... Dallas finished with 13 first downs in the opening quar-
ter, a team record that also tied the NFL mark.

.... The Cowboys nearly scored with a little razzle dazzle
on the last play of the half when Prescott found Lamb
over the middle, the receiver taking it 34 yards and then
lateraling the ball to Elliott, who made it to the Chargers'
3-yard line before being pushed out of bounds.

.... just when it looked like the Chargers would finally take
the lead, the Cowboys defense came up huge. Los Ang-
eles had marched from its own 9-yard line all the way
down to the Dallas 9.

That's when safety Damontae Kazee intercepted a Her-
bert pass intended for Keenan Allen in the end zone, end-
ing the threat and shifting the game's momentum back to
the visitors.

.... Zuerlein was good on his 56-yard try as time expired,
marking his 10th career game-winning kick and the sec-
ond-longest game-winner of his career.

Re: Final - Cowboys 20 @ Chargers 17

<9d65cfba-27f0-4d98-938c-a3756d3f16bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1304&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#1304

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 08:30:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: prohuman...@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Mon, 20 Sep 2021 15:30 UTC