Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 13:59:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OT - Baseball
From: snumb...@aol.com (number6)
 by: number6 - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 20:59 UTC

My daughter and son in law bought the minimum 8 tickets for suite at a local
minor league game ... they had someone cancel and offered my wife and I the
tickets ... We accepted as my wife would have fun with 2 grandchildren and I thought what the heck ...
It was Class AA - I guess for recovering alcoholics ... I know there is also a Class AAA - there I guess for Nascar Drivers ... I asked if there was a Class - AARP for old retired players and my son in law said no but there should be
and he'd think it would sell tickets.
I haven't been to a pro baseball game in years since my kids were young and more or less lost any interest in the game ... but this experience changed my
mind ... It was all around great fun for a reasonable price with even suites costing $30 and others half or 1/3 of that ... They constantly entertained during slow times and had events for kids and ended the evening with a first class firework display ...
What also impressed me was at this level it watched every bit as well as
a MLB game ... Obviously the pitching and hitting wasn't as good I guess ....
but the pitchers were pitching to guys they could get out and the hitters were
swinging against pitchers they could hit ... and there were a lot of major league fielding plays ... few walks and strike outs and generally a lot of
discipline in the play ... only one bone head baserunner play ...
I still won't be a fan of MLB but a night out at a minor league game has gained a lot of appeal ... good crowd also - about 3/4 filled on an evening where the second game got rained out ... and all seemed to have fun ...
the players, the fans, the event staff (very customer conscious and helpful) ... and this team like New England now although called the Patriots had no Tom Brady ...

Re: OT - Baseball

<2r5qegp8mc2grh0hucj56kre3q98p1sgca@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1331&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1331

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Subject: Re: OT - Baseball
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 00:36:39 -0400
 by: *ernie - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 04:36 UTC

On Sat, 10 Jul 2021 13:59:04 -0700 (PDT), number6 <snumber6@aol.com>
wrote:

>My daughter and son in law bought the minimum 8 tickets for suite at a local
>minor league game ... they had someone cancel and offered my wife and I the
>tickets ... We accepted as my wife would have fun with 2 grandchildren and I thought what the heck ...
>It was Class AA - I guess for recovering alcoholics ... I know there is also a Class AAA - there I guess for Nascar Drivers ... I asked if there was a Class - AARP for old retired players and my son in law said no but there should be
>and he'd think it would sell tickets.
>I haven't been to a pro baseball game in years since my kids were young and more or less lost any interest in the game ... but this experience changed my
>mind ... It was all around great fun for a reasonable price with even suites costing $30 and others half or 1/3 of that ... They constantly entertained during slow times and had events for kids and ended the evening with a first class firework display ...
>What also impressed me was at this level it watched every bit as well as
>a MLB game ... Obviously the pitching and hitting wasn't as good I guess ...
>but the pitchers were pitching to guys they could get out and the hitters were
>swinging against pitchers they could hit ... and there were a lot of major league fielding plays ... few walks and strike outs and generally a lot of
>discipline in the play ... only one bone head baserunner play ...
>I still won't be a fan of MLB but a night out at a minor league game has gained a lot of appeal ... good crowd also - about 3/4 filled on an evening where the second game got rained out ... and all seemed to have fun ...
>the players, the fans, the event staff (very customer conscious and helpful) ... and this team like New England now although called the Patriots had no Tom Brady ...

I've been saying for years; I love going to Coney Island to watch the
Cyclones (A ball). It's a great atmosphere and very affordable. I'll
take it over a game at Citi Field or Yankee Stadium.

Re: OT - Baseball

<f75d7c8e-da2e-4b97-9650-0b4d76ee2959n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1332&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1332

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 04:44:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 11:44 UTC

On Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 12:36:40 AM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2021 13:59:04 -0700 (PDT), number6 <snum...@aol.com>
> wrote:
> >My daughter and son in law bought the minimum 8 tickets for suite at a local
> >minor league game ... they had someone cancel and offered my wife and I the
> >tickets ... We accepted as my wife would have fun with 2 grandchildren and I thought what the heck ...
> >It was Class AA - I guess for recovering alcoholics ... I know there is also a Class AAA - there I guess for Nascar Drivers ... I asked if there was a Class - AARP for old retired players and my son in law said no but there should be
> >and he'd think it would sell tickets.
> >I haven't been to a pro baseball game in years since my kids were young and more or less lost any interest in the game ... but this experience changed my
> >mind ... It was all around great fun for a reasonable price with even suites costing $30 and others half or 1/3 of that ... They constantly entertained during slow times and had events for kids and ended the evening with a first class firework display ...
> >What also impressed me was at this level it watched every bit as well as
> >a MLB game ... Obviously the pitching and hitting wasn't as good I guess ...
> >but the pitchers were pitching to guys they could get out and the hitters were
> >swinging against pitchers they could hit ... and there were a lot of major league fielding plays ... few walks and strike outs and generally a lot of
> >discipline in the play ... only one bone head baserunner play ...
> >I still won't be a fan of MLB but a night out at a minor league game has gained a lot of appeal ... good crowd also - about 3/4 filled on an evening where the second game got rained out ... and all seemed to have fun ...
> >the players, the fans, the event staff (very customer conscious and helpful) ... and this team like New England now although called the Patriots had no Tom Brady ...
> I've been saying for years; I love going to Coney Island to watch the
> Cyclones (A ball). It's a great atmosphere and very affordable. I'll
> take it over a game at Citi Field or Yankee Stadium.

I live a stones throw from Dunkin donuts stadium, home of the yardgoats......an independent team, not that i wouldnt go i just havent yet. I'd be more inclined to go to the XL center (Former home of the NHL's Whalers) to catch the AHL's wolfpack, because they are the farm team of the Rangers....PLUS they are in the process of turning it into a sports gambling mecca....

https://www.yogonet.com/international/noticias/2021/05/31/57806-connecticut-lottery-plans-to-open-major-sports-betting-venue-at-hartfords-xl-center