Ever feel like life was a game and you had the wrong instruction book?

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / Re: Lorenzo Carter

SubjectAuthor
* Lorenzo CarteriommiRULES
`* Re: Lorenzo Carter*ernie
 +- Re: Lorenzo Carter*ernie
 `* Re: Lorenzo CarteriommiRULES
  `- Re: Lorenzo Carter*ernie

1
Lorenzo Carter

<8e7cc5a9-cbc3-46b2-b81b-0ff740a89657n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1352&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1352

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 20:49:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Lorenzo Carter
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 03:49 UTC

I think Carter needs to just show improvement, but i wouldnt put a sack number on it, just an eye test....Graham had success with his pass rush by committee last year, Even with no name LBs after Carter and Xman went down and Golden was traded. So with big Leo in the middle the "edge" guys just have to spread the wealth, i dont see any overwhelming need to have a star as edge rusher, as long as Leo can get double digits from inside again. I mean sure if an outside guy becomes a "star" great, but i dont think its mandatory to have success.....I'd look more at the team sack number in Grahams D, he sends them from all over and people who say the Giants had a poor pass rush last year are just lieing or do not check their "facts", they ranked a very respectable 12th in sacks INSPITE of the early injuries to both starting edge guys. Yes, it's not Stray, Osi and Tucks pressure of teams past, but i think there is potential upside with the guys we already have, they haven't "peaked" IMO....

https://www.sny.tv/articles/giants-2021-make-or-break-players-lorenzo-carter

Re: Lorenzo Carter

<iu1bfgl9tggqcktl0k6bqk7emde87slas8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1353&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1353

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Subject: Re: Lorenzo Carter
From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 21 15:01:25 UTC
 by: *ernie - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 15:01 UTC

On Sun, 18 Jul 2021 20:49:28 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
<gregkaney53@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think Carter needs to just show improvement, but i wouldnt put a sack number on it, just an eye test....Graham had success with his pass rush by committee last year, Even with no name LBs after Carter and Xman went down and Golden was traded. So with big Leo in the middle the "edge" guys just have to spread the wealth, i dont see any overwhelming need to have a star as edge rusher, as long as Leo can get double digits from inside again. I mean sure if an outside guy becomes a "star" great, but i dont think its mandatory to have success.....I'd look more at the team sack number in Grahams D, he sends them from all over and people who say the Giants had a poor pass rush last year are just lieing or do not check their "facts", they ranked a very respectable 12th in sacks INSPITE of the early injuries to both starting edge guys. Yes, it's not Stray, Osi and Tucks pressure of teams past, but i think there is potential upside with the guys we already have, they haven't "peaked" IMO....
>
>https://www.sny.tv/articles/giants-2021-make-or-break-players-lorenzo-carter

Last year at this time it looked like the O was ready to rock and the
D was unsteady. The season proved otherwise. It isn't necessary to
have an elite edge but it sure doesn't hurt. Hoping the D doesn't
collapse and having to start over from scratch in 2022. If Lorenzo
Carter can duplicate 2021, that becomes less likely.

Re: Lorenzo Carter

<sd449n$13k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1354&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1354

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 11:04:22 -0400
 by: *ernie - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 15:04 UTC

On 7/19/2021 3:01 PM, *ernie wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2021 20:49:28 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
> <gregkaney53@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think Carter needs to just show improvement, but i wouldnt put a sack number on it, just an eye test....Graham had success with his pass rush by committee last year, Even with no name LBs after Carter and Xman went down and Golden was traded. So with big Leo in the middle the "edge" guys just have to spread the wealth, i dont see any overwhelming need to have a star as edge rusher, as long as Leo can get double digits from inside again. I mean sure if an outside guy becomes a "star" great, but i dont think its mandatory to have success.....I'd look more at the team sack number in Grahams D, he sends them from all over and people who say the Giants had a poor pass rush last year are just lieing or do not check their "facts", they ranked a very respectable 12th in sacks INSPITE of the early injuries to both starting edge guys. Yes, it's not Stray, Osi and Tucks pressure of teams past, but i think there is potential upside with the guys we already have, they haven't "peaked" IMO....
>>
>> https://www.sny.tv/articles/giants-2021-make-or-break-players-lorenzo-carter
>

> Last year at this time it looked like the O was ready to rock and the
> D was unsteady. The season proved otherwise. It isn't necessary to
> have an elite edge but it sure doesn't hurt. Hoping the D doesn't
> collapse and having to start over from scratch in 2022. If Lorenzo
> Carter can duplicate 2021, that becomes less likely.

Correction: If Lorenzo Carter can duplicate 2020, that becomes less likely.

Re: Lorenzo Carter

<314e6628-68d9-471e-be51-d0e365cef81dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1358&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1358

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 13:07:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 20:07 UTC

On Monday, July 19, 2021 at 11:01:26 AM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2021 20:49:28 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
> <gregk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I think Carter needs to just show improvement, but i wouldnt put a sack number on it, just an eye test....Graham had success with his pass rush by committee last year, Even with no name LBs after Carter and Xman went down and Golden was traded. So with big Leo in the middle the "edge" guys just have to spread the wealth, i dont see any overwhelming need to have a star as edge rusher, as long as Leo can get double digits from inside again. I mean sure if an outside guy becomes a "star" great, but i dont think its mandatory to have success.....I'd look more at the team sack number in Grahams D, he sends them from all over and people who say the Giants had a poor pass rush last year are just lieing or do not check their "facts", they ranked a very respectable 12th in sacks INSPITE of the early injuries to both starting edge guys. Yes, it's not Stray, Osi and Tucks pressure of teams past, but i think there is potential upside with the guys we already have, they haven't "peaked" IMO....
> >
> >https://www.sny.tv/articles/giants-2021-make-or-break-players-lorenzo-carter
> Last year at this time it looked like the O was ready to rock and the
> D was unsteady. The season proved otherwise. It isn't necessary to
> have an elite edge but it sure doesn't hurt. Hoping the D doesn't
> collapse and having to start over from scratch in 2022. If Lorenzo
> Carter can duplicate 2021, that becomes less likely.

Ernie even if the D just treads water BUT the offense makes a similar jump like the D did last year?
Well, we are not only talking playoffs if that happens, we are prolly talking playoffs with a first round home game.....so the ball is in DJs, Garretts and Saquans court....

Re: Lorenzo Carter

<9qiefg1pl2o2kjrg2g6v3s0m65ql0mjpmb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1359&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1359

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 18:18:06 -0400
 by: *ernie - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 22:18 UTC

On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 13:07:21 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
<gregkaney53@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, July 19, 2021 at 11:01:26 AM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Jul 2021 20:49:28 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
>> <gregk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I think Carter needs to just show improvement, but i wouldnt put a sack number on it, just an eye test....Graham had success with his pass rush by committee last year, Even with no name LBs after Carter and Xman went down and Golden was traded. So with big Leo in the middle the "edge" guys just have to spread the wealth, i dont see any overwhelming need to have a star as edge rusher, as long as Leo can get double digits from inside again. I mean sure if an outside guy becomes a "star" great, but i dont think its mandatory to have success.....I'd look more at the team sack number in Grahams D, he sends them from all over and people who say the Giants had a poor pass rush last year are just lieing or do not check their "facts", they ranked a very respectable 12th in sacks INSPITE of the early injuries to both starting edge guys. Yes, it's not Stray, Osi and Tucks pressure of teams past, but i think there is potential upside with the guys we already have, they haven't "peaked"
>IMO....
>> >
>> >https://www.sny.tv/articles/giants-2021-make-or-break-players-lorenzo-carter
>> Last year at this time it looked like the O was ready to rock and the
>> D was unsteady. The season proved otherwise. It isn't necessary to
>> have an elite edge but it sure doesn't hurt. Hoping the D doesn't
>> collapse and having to start over from scratch in 2022. If Lorenzo
>> Carter can duplicate 2021, that becomes less likely.
>
>Ernie even if the D just treads water BUT the offense makes a similar jump like the D did last year?
>Well, we are not only talking playoffs if that happens, we are prolly talking playoffs with a first round home game.....so the ball is in DJs, Garretts and Saquans court....

From your keyboard to God's eyes........