Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 06:19:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Training Camp Opens
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Tue, 27 Jul 2021 13:19 UTC

To me the burning question is "was last year on offense just an aberration because of a new offense, young QB, no offseason and no Saquan?"
You can hate Shurmur all you want but under him the offense was considerably better than at any time under McAdoo or Garrett/Jones, including Macs one playoff year. If you dont believe me look up how many games the Giants reached 30 with Mac/Garrett as opposed to with Shurmur, its startling. Even ELI was better under Shurmur and Jones as a rookie had virtually the same QB rating as Brady did in his last year with the Pats. I'm not waving my pom poms for Shurmur, he had to go after some humiliating loses, im just stating a fact: The offense under Shurmur, while not great, was much improved as compared to Mac/Garrett/Judge. The numbers bear that out.