From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Subject: You couldn't ask for more drama!
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 19:21:33 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 05:21 UTC

Down 3-1 most of the game, in the 9th, the Giants have 2 out and the
bases loaded, with Tachman singles in place of Solano and the bases
are still loaded. The only questionable calls are the strikes against
Ruf, both way outside, one he swung and and 1 called.

Kenley Jansen walks in the tying run to make it 3-3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAVE ROBERTS GOT EJECTED FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT NIGHT!

LAMONT WADE SINGLES AND THE GIANTS TAKE THE LEAD 5-3 !!!!!!!!!!!

Giants win 15, Alvarez gets the win and McGee gets the save.

Re: You couldn't ask for more drama!

<sdf308$udn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=142&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#142

From: pol...@kfu.com (poldy)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Subject: Re: You couldn't ask for more drama!
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:49:44 -0700
 by: poldy - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 18:49 UTC

On 7/22/21 10:21 PM, John Walsh wrote:
> Down 3-1 most of the game, in the 9th, the Giants have 2 out and the
> bases loaded, with Tachman singles in place of Solano and the bases
> are still loaded. The only questionable calls are the strikes against
> Ruf, both way outside, one he swung and and 1 called.
>
> Kenley Jansen walks in the tying run to make it 3-3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> DAVE ROBERTS GOT EJECTED FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT NIGHT!
>
> LAMONT WADE SINGLES AND THE GIANTS TAKE THE LEAD 5-3 !!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Giants win 15, Alvarez gets the win and McGee gets the save.

Nice to pull it out, got a big break on that check swing.

But they hit Janssen hard to get runners to second and third.

Re: You couldn't ask for more drama!

<jiu1gg9idpq9h0u4uqqbi6u2j9anp3su59@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=144&group=alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants#144

From: jwalsh...@gmail.com (John Walsh)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 20:41:56 -1000
 by: John Walsh - Wed, 28 Jul 2021 06:41 UTC

On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:49:44 -0700, poldy <poldy@kfu.com> wrote:

>On 7/22/21 10:21 PM, John Walsh wrote:
>> Down 3-1 most of the game, in the 9th, the Giants have 2 out and the
>> bases loaded, with Tachman singles in place of Solano and the bases
>> are still loaded. The only questionable calls are the strikes against
>> Ruf, both way outside, one he swung and and 1 called.
>>
>> Kenley Jansen walks in the tying run to make it 3-3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> DAVE ROBERTS GOT EJECTED FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT NIGHT!
>>
>> LAMONT WADE SINGLES AND THE GIANTS TAKE THE LEAD 5-3 !!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Giants win 15, Alvarez gets the win and McGee gets the save.
>>

>Nice to pull it out, got a big break on that check swing.
>
>But they hit Janssen hard to get runners to second and third.

They sure did and Roberts had used him heavily during the series.
Yeah, the check swing is a matter of judgement among umpires. It could
have gone either way. Still, the fans were way off saying that the
Giants cheated.

At the beginning of the series down south, I wondered how the Giants
would do. Once they got rolling, I expected at least a split. After
the 3rd game, I thought they could take it, which they did.

When things go that way for a team like the Dodgers, they have to win
the next game in response. They couldn't do it and what happened up in
SF tonight was bad news for the Dodgers.