It's like deja vu all over again. -- Yogi Berra

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / Re: Will having multiple coaches fix the Giants' O-line problems?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Will having multiple coaches fix the Giants' O-line problems?iommiRULES
`* Re: Will having multiple coaches fix the Giants' O-line problems?*ernie
 `* Re: Will having multiple coaches fix the Giants' O-line problems?iommiRULES
  `* Re: Will having multiple coaches fix the Giants' O-line problems?TomW
   `- Re: Will having multiple coaches fix the Giants' O-line problems?iommiRULES

1
Re: Will having multiple coaches fix the Giants' O-line problems?

<2cec198d-9cb2-434f-973b-85180f75e350n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1488&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1488

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 22:36:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Will having multiple coaches fix the Giants' O-line problems?
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 05:36 UTC

On Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 8:09:47 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/62714/will-strength-in-coaching-numbers-finally-fix-new-york-giants-offensive-line

Ive always thought a good coach can maybe make a bubble player a starter, or even an average guy good....but all-pro talent is just that, and the Giants havent had that since Snee. We all hope Thomas becomes that, just because a guy has a tough rookie year doesn't make him a bust, just like a guy who wins rookie of the year probably isnt on his way to the HOF. Everyone brags on that Reese 2007 draft class, and they did mostly contribute as rookies in that championship year, but none of those guys went on to tremendous things, the best one was Bradshaw, a very good RB but no one is describing him as great.

Re: Will having multiple coaches fix the Giants' O-line problems?

<5n85ighj4kg93p6b6jfa6eqdmvdida8g9h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1495&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1495

From: alreadyd...@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 15:20:27 -0400
 by: *ernie - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 19:20 UTC

On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 22:36:17 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
<gregkaney53@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 8:09:47 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
>> https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/62714/will-strength-in-coaching-numbers-finally-fix-new-york-giants-offensive-line
>
>Ive always thought a good coach can maybe make a bubble player a starter, or even an average guy good....but all-pro talent is just that, and the Giants havent had that since Snee. We all hope Thomas becomes that, just because a guy has a tough rookie year doesn't make him a bust, just like a guy who wins rookie of the year probably isnt on his way to the HOF. Everyone brags on that Reese 2007 draft class, and they did mostly contribute as rookies in that championship year, but none of those guys went on to tremendous things, the best one was Bradshaw, a very good RB but no one is describing him as great.

DG may have made some mistakes along the way, but he's not an idiot.
He must see something in this line that we the fans don't. Perhaps
this is why he gets the big bucks. We'll see.

Re: Will having multiple coaches fix the Giants' O-line problems?

<5e94f7f5-1f0d-40cf-ab00-0ebb24c5d9aan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1498&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1498

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 13:37:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 20:37 UTC

On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 3:20:29 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 22:36:17 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
> <gregk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 8:09:47 PM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> >> https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/62714/will-strength-in-coaching-numbers-finally-fix-new-york-giants-offensive-line
> >
> >Ive always thought a good coach can maybe make a bubble player a starter, or even an average guy good....but all-pro talent is just that, and the Giants havent had that since Snee. We all hope Thomas becomes that, just because a guy has a tough rookie year doesn't make him a bust, just like a guy who wins rookie of the year probably isnt on his way to the HOF. Everyone brags on that Reese 2007 draft class, and they did mostly contribute as rookies in that championship year, but none of those guys went on to tremendous things, the best one was Bradshaw, a very good RB but no one is describing him as great.
> DG may have made some mistakes along the way, but he's not an idiot.
> He must see something in this line that we the fans don't. Perhaps
> this is why he gets the big bucks. We'll see.

Im not looking for them to be a top line this year but im hoping for considerable improvement. If Saquan stays healthy that will help. I think it was Schlereth who said "I good running back can make an oline look better moreso than the other way around" and HE was an olineman! And of course having a good running game helps the oline with the pass protection, that goes without saying.....

Re: Will having multiple coaches fix the Giants' O-line problems?

<8ab46d1c-a8dc-45cc-b6f9-494673247255n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1499&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1499

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 14:25:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: tlm...@gmail.com (TomW)
 by: TomW - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 21:25 UTC

On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 4:37:47 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 3:20:29 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 22:36:17 -0700 (PDT), iommiRULES
> > <gregk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >Ive always thought a good coach can maybe make a bubble player a starter, or even an average guy good....but all-pro talent is just that, and the Giants havent had that since Snee. We all hope Thomas becomes that, just because a guy has a tough rookie year doesn't make him a bust, just like a guy who wins rookie of the year probably isnt on his way to the HOF. Everyone brags on that Reese 2007 draft class, and they did mostly contribute as rookies in that championship year, but none of those guys went on to tremendous things, the best one was Bradshaw, a very good RB but no one is describing him as great.
> > DG may have made some mistakes along the way, but he's not an idiot.
> > He must see something in this line that we the fans don't. Perhaps
> > this is why he gets the big bucks. We'll see.
> Im not looking for them to be a top line this year but im hoping for considerable improvement. If Saquan stays healthy that will help. I think it was Schlereth who said "I good running back can make an oline look better moreso than the other way around" and HE was an olineman! And of course having a good running game helps the oline with the pass protection, that goes without saying.....

I would disagree with Schlereth. We saw what happened to Saquan when he averaged 1 yard per carry because he was getting hit in the backfield every play. And I always thought Emmitt Smith was overrated because you could drive a truck through the holes that line opened.

Re: Will having multiple coaches fix the Giants' O-line problems?

<3351a13b-2686-44f7-9aa8-9d27bfa1a859n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1500&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1500

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 14:53:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 21:53 UTC

On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 5:25:07 PM UTC-4, TomW wrote:
> On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 4:37:47 PM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 3:20:29 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:

> > > DG may have made some mistakes along the way, but he's not an idiot.
> > > He must see something in this line that we the fans don't. Perhaps
> > > this is why he gets the big bucks. We'll see.
> > Im not looking for them to be a top line this year but im hoping for considerable improvement. If Saquan stays healthy that will help. I think it was Schlereth who said "I good running back can make an oline look better moreso than the other way around" and HE was an olineman! And of course having a good running game helps the oline with the pass protection, that goes without saying.....
> I would disagree with Schlereth. We saw what happened to Saquan when he averaged 1 yard per carry because he was getting hit in the backfield every play. And I always thought Emmitt Smith was overrated because you could drive a truck through the holes that line opened.

Well you DO have to at least give the back a chance!......And sure The line helped Emmitt but he would have been a stud on any team......as much as i hate Dallas Emmitt showed some big league balls in that game vs us when he injured his shoulder but kept playing. And to Schlereths point all you need is 2 words, Barry Sanders. But its moot if Saquan goes down again.....