Ever feel like life was a game and you had the wrong instruction book?

sport / rec.autos.sport.f1 / Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

SubjectAuthor
* When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong directionBigbird
+* Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the~misfit~
|+* Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in theAlan
||+* Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong directionBigbird
|||+- Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in thetexas gate
|||+- Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in thetexas gate
|||`* Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in theAlan
||| +- Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in thetexas gate
||| +- Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in thetexas gate
||| `* Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong directionBigbird
|||  `* Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in theAlan
|||   +- Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in thetexas gate
|||   +- Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in thetexas gate
|||   `* Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong directionBigbird
|||    `* Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in theAlan
|||     +- Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in thetexas gate
|||     `- Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong directionBigbird
||`- Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in thetexas gate
|`- Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the~misfit~
`* Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in theNews
 +- Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in theDarryl Johnson
[...]

Pages:12
When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<xn0ncmj1lx2c2w0000@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15006&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15006

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 10:15:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 10:15 UTC

Explains a little why Perez had so much trouble closing the gap to Max.
I think we've seen it many times when a car is developed towards the #1
drivers style/skills.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when-a-talent-like-max-verstappen-sends-f1-car-design-in-the-wrong-direction-mph

"Having a top-level driver like Max Verstappen can be a double-edged
sword, such as in 2020 when the Dutchman's skill masked the dead-end
development path that Red Bull was taking..."

" The car had a characteristic which Max [Verstappen] liked and which
allowed him to go faster and so as we went further down this path his
lap times would improve. But it brought with it some instability on
entry and eventually you come to a point where that is the limiting
factor and you cannot go any faster. It also made the car very
difficult for the other drivers.”

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<srdb19$jm6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15008&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15008

From: shaun.at...@gmail.com (~misfit~)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the
wrong direction
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 13:42:15 +1300
 by: ~misfit~ - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 00:42 UTC

On 8/01/2022 11:15 pm, Bigbird wrote:
> Explains a little why Perez had so much trouble closing the gap to Max.
> I think we've seen it many times when a car is developed towards the #1
> drivers style/skills.
>
> https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when-a-talent-like-max-verstappen-sends-f1-car-design-in-the-wrong-direction-mph
>
> "Having a top-level driver like Max Verstappen can be a double-edged
> sword, such as in 2020 when the Dutchman's skill masked the dead-end
> development path that Red Bull was taking..."
>
> " The car had a characteristic which Max [Verstappen] liked and which
> allowed him to go faster and so as we went further down this path his
> lap times would improve. But it brought with it some instability on
> entry and eventually you come to a point where that is the limiting
> factor and you cannot go any faster. It also made the car very
> difficult for the other drivers.”

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it confirms something I've thought for a while. It's
essentially why I referred to the second RBR seat as a 'poisoned chalice' a while back in a fairly
long post. My point was that the car was being built and set up around Max, and his driving style
is somewhat unorthodox.

That's why Gasly and Albon did so poorly at RBR (yet Gasly went on to do so well elsewhere). I hope
that Albon similarly proves himself worthy of a good seat (or that Williams take a big jump forwards).

I did wonder if a similar thing was happening at Mercedes, making Bottas look worse than he was -
until George jumped into Lewis' (very cramped) seat and blitzed everyone else.
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<srdeb4$13ml$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15009&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15009

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
wrong direction
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:38:44 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 01:38 UTC

On 2022-01-08 4:42 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
> On 8/01/2022 11:15 pm, Bigbird wrote:
>> Explains a little why Perez had so much trouble closing the gap to Max.
>> I think we've seen it many times when a car is developed towards the #1
>> drivers style/skills.
>>
>> https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when-a-talent-like-max-verstappen-sends-f1-car-design-in-the-wrong-direction-mph
>>

>> "Having a top-level driver like Max Verstappen can be a double-edged
>> sword, such as in 2020 when the Dutchman's skill masked the dead-end
>> development path that Red Bull was taking..."
>>
>> " The car had a characteristic which Max [Verstappen] liked and which
>> allowed him to go faster and so as we went further down this path his
>> lap times would improve. But it brought with it some instability on
>> entry and eventually you come to a point where that is the limiting
>> factor and you cannot go any faster. It also made the car very
>> difficult for the other drivers.”
>
> Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it confirms something I've
> thought for a while. It's essentially why I referred to the second RBR
> seat as a 'poisoned chalice' a while back in a fairly long post. My
> point was that the car was being built and set up around Max, and his
> driving style is somewhat unorthodox.
>
> That's why Gasly and Albon did so poorly at RBR (yet Gasly went on to do
> so well elsewhere). I hope that Albon similarly proves himself worthy of
> a good seat (or that Williams take a big jump forwards).
>
> I did wonder if a similar thing was happening at Mercedes, making Bottas
> look worse than he was - until George jumped into Lewis' (very cramped)
> seat and blitzed everyone else.

Except you assume that Russell couldn't have been fast because he likes
a car setup the way Hamilton does...

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<srdhmq$3s7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15010&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15010

From: shaun.at...@gmail.com (~misfit~)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
wrong direction
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 15:36:08 +1300
 by: ~misfit~ - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 02:36 UTC

On 9/01/2022 1:42 pm, ~misfit~ wrote:
> On 8/01/2022 11:15 pm, Bigbird wrote:
>> Explains a little why Perez had so much trouble closing the gap to Max.
>> I think we've seen it many times when a car is developed towards the #1
>> drivers style/skills.
>>
>> https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when-a-talent-like-max-verstappen-sends-f1-car-design-in-the-wrong-direction-mph
>>

>> "Having a top-level driver like Max Verstappen can be a double-edged
>> sword, such as in 2020 when the Dutchman's skill masked the dead-end
>> development path that Red Bull was taking..."
>>
>> " The car had a characteristic which Max [Verstappen] liked and which
>> allowed him to go faster and so as we went further down this path his
>> lap times would improve. But it brought with it some instability on
>> entry and eventually you come to a point where that is the limiting
>> factor and you cannot go any faster. It also made the car very
>> difficult for the other drivers.”
>
> Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it confirms something I've thought for a while. It's
> essentially why I referred to the second RBR seat as a 'poisoned chalice' a while back in a fairly
> long post....
Bugger! I see at the bottom of that article a link to an article in which that Mark Hughes also
referred to the 2nd RBR seat as a poisoned chalice - and it predated my use of the term by just
less than a month. I don't read motorsport magazine so it must have been a case of convergent
thinking (or something).
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<xn0nco8pdywtoye000@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15018&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15018

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 17:16:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 17:16 UTC

Alan wrote:

> On 2022-01-08 4:42 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
> > On 8/01/2022 11:15 pm, Bigbird wrote:
> > > Explains a little why Perez had so much trouble closing the gap
> > > to Max. I think we've seen it many times when a car is developed
> > > towards the #1 drivers style/skills.
> > >
> > > https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when
> > > -a-talent-like-max-verstappen-sends-f1-car-design-in-the-wrong-dir
> > > ection-mph
> > >

> > > "Having a top-level driver like Max Verstappen can be a
> > > double-edged sword, such as in 2020 when the Dutchman's skill
> > > masked the dead-end development path that Red Bull was taking..."
> > >
> > > " The car had a characteristic which Max [Verstappen] liked and
> > > which allowed him to go faster and so as we went further down
> > > this path his lap times would improve. But it brought with it
> > > some instability on entry and eventually you come to a point
> > > where that is the limiting factor and you cannot go any faster.
> > > It also made the car very difficult for the other drivers.”
> >
> > Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it confirms something
> > I've thought for a while. It's essentially why I referred to the
> > second RBR seat as a 'poisoned chalice' a while back in a fairly
> > long post. My point was that the car was being built and set up
> > around Max, and his driving style is somewhat unorthodox.
> >
> > That's why Gasly and Albon did so poorly at RBR (yet Gasly went on
> > to do so well elsewhere). I hope that Albon similarly proves
> > himself worthy of a good seat (or that Williams take a big jump
> > forwards).
> >
> > I did wonder if a similar thing was happening at Mercedes, making
> > Bottas look worse than he was - until George jumped into Lewis'
> > (very cramped) seat and blitzed everyone else.
>
> Except you assume that Russell couldn't have been fast because he
> likes a car setup the way Hamilton does...

1. we are talking development not just setup.
2. you are saying Lewis's setup preferences may not be as
individualised as Max's... which is kind of what the OP was about.

It always seems that you are in such a rush to be contrary that you
rarely take a moment to actually consider anything.

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<b23a3446-7774-42db-857a-efb2d8a084c1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15019&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15019

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 10:06:10 -0800 (PST)
wrong direction
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 18:06 UTC

On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 6:38:47 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

> Except you assume that Russell couldn't have been fast because he likes
> a car setup the way Hamilton does...

blow yourself ass licker

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<ae1b58ad-2acd-49b9-b0bb-1c5873cc43d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15020&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15020

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 10:07:46 -0800 (PST)
wrong direction
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 18:07 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 10:16:39 AM UTC-7, Bigbird wrote:

> It always seems that you are in such a rush to be contrary that you
> rarely take a moment to actually consider anything.

ie: a juvenile asshole troll

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<64b8a721-1b26-4079-8ff4-4c6ad7f4906cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15021&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15021

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 10:32:25 -0800 (PST)
wrong direction
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 18:32 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 10:16:39 AM UTC-7, Bigbird wrote:

> It always seems that you are in such a rush to be contrary that you
> rarely take a moment to actually consider anything.

yup, he has zero credibility here

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<srf9pp$1qi3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15022&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15022

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
wrong direction
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 10:33:29 -0800
 by: Alan - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 18:33 UTC

On 2022-01-09 9:16 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it confirms something
>>> I've thought for a while. It's essentially why I referred to the
>>> second RBR seat as a 'poisoned chalice' a while back in a fairly
>>> long post. My point was that the car was being built and set up
>>> around Max, and his driving style is somewhat unorthodox.
>>>
>>> That's why Gasly and Albon did so poorly at RBR (yet Gasly went on
>>> to do so well elsewhere). I hope that Albon similarly proves
>>> himself worthy of a good seat (or that Williams take a big jump
>>> forwards).
>>>
>>> I did wonder if a similar thing was happening at Mercedes, making
>>> Bottas look worse than he was - until George jumped into Lewis'
>>> (very cramped) seat and blitzed everyone else.
>>
>> Except you assume that Russell couldn't have been fast because he
>> likes a car setup the way Hamilton does...
>
> 1. we are talking development not just setup.

We're talking about whether or not a car suits a driver.

From a driver's perspective a car's characteristics are what matters,
not whether it got them through development or setup.

But I'll rephrase for the pedants:

"Except you [Shaun] assume that Russell couldn't have been fast in
Hamilton's car because he prefers a car with the same handling
characteristics has Hamilton does."

> 2. you are saying Lewis's setup preferences may not be as
> individualised as Max's... which is kind of what the OP was about.

No. I'm saying that Hamilton's preferences may be ever bit as
individualize as Verstappen's.

In fact, given the way that Bottas's performance has fallen off, I'd say
it's possible that that is due to the the car having been developed to
suit Hamilton's preferences even MORE over time.

> It always seems that you are in such a rush to be contrary that you
> rarely take a moment to actually consider anything.

Sorry. Wrong again.

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<06aa985a-baf5-49b6-93c2-96585a13fe40n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15023&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15023

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 10:35:53 -0800 (PST)
wrong direction
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 18:35 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 11:33:31 AM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

> Sorry. Wrong again.

sorry is for pussys
you fucking pussy

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<8504fd48-fcef-4471-b24c-2bb914ae1c23n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15026&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15026

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 13:40:52 -0800 (PST)
wrong direction
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 21:40 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 11:33:31 AM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

> But I'll rephrase for the pedants:

fuck off
you fucking dumb cunt

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<xn0ncphqgm9nyk003@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15040&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15040

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:48:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:48 UTC

Alan wrote:

> On 2022-01-09 9:16 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> > Alan wrote:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when

> > > Except you assume that Russell couldn't have been fast because he
> > > likes a car setup the way Hamilton does...
> >
> > 1. we are talking development not just setup.
>
> We're talking about whether or not a car suits a driver.

Yup.

> From a driver's perspective a car's characteristics are what matters,
> not whether it got them through development or setup.

Wrong. Any driver can influence the setup of their car but only within
the bounds of it's development.

Try reading the article. Then try understanding it.

> > 2. you are saying Lewis's setup preferences may not be as
> > individualised as Max's... which is kind of what the OP was about.
>
> No. I'm saying that Hamilton's preferences may be ever bit as
> individualize as Verstappen's.

Just that other drivers can live with Lewis's but not Verstappens's

Sure; no non-seqiturs there. /s

> > It always seems that you are in such a rush to be contrary that you
> > rarely take a moment to actually consider anything.
>
> Sorry. Wrong again.

Oh, it certainly does; I am more right than you have been in months.

:-D

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<srhjs6$ic6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15042&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15042

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
wrong direction
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 10:37:41 -0500
 by: News - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:37 UTC

On 1/8/2022 5:15 AM, Bigbird wrote:
> Explains a little why Perez had so much trouble closing the gap to Max.
> I think we've seen it many times when a car is developed towards the #1
> drivers style/skills.
>
> https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when-a-talent-like-max-verstappen-sends-f1-car-design-in-the-wrong-direction-mph
>
> "Having a top-level driver like Max Verstappen can be a double-edged
> sword, such as in 2020 when the Dutchman's skill masked the dead-end
> development path that Red Bull was taking..."
>
> " The car had a characteristic which Max [Verstappen] liked and which
> allowed him to go faster and so as we went further down this path his
> lap times would improve. But it brought with it some instability on
> entry and eventually you come to a point where that is the limiting
> factor and you cannot go any faster. It also made the car very
> difficult for the other drivers.”

Was it the wrong direction when the driver won the WDC?

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<srhm5d$6g2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15045&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15045

From: darryl_j...@rogers.com (Darryl Johnson)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
wrong direction
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 11:16:47 -0500
 by: Darryl Johnson - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:16 UTC

On 2022-01-10 10:37 AM, News wrote:
> On 1/8/2022 5:15 AM, Bigbird wrote:
>> Explains a little why Perez had so much trouble closing the gap to Max.
>> I think we've seen it many times when a car is developed towards the #1
>> drivers style/skills.
>>
>> https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when-a-talent-like-max-verstappen-sends-f1-car-design-in-the-wrong-direction-mph
>>

>> "Having a top-level driver like Max Verstappen can be a double-edged
>> sword, such as in 2020 when the Dutchman's skill masked the dead-end
>> development path that Red Bull was taking..."
>>
>> " The car had a characteristic which Max [Verstappen] liked and which
>> allowed him to go faster and so as we went further down this path his
>> lap times would improve. But it brought with it some instability on
>> entry and eventually you come to a point where that is the limiting
>> factor and you cannot go any faster. It also made the car very
>> difficult for the other drivers.”
>>

> Was it the wrong direction when the driver won the WDC?

If teams didn't value the Constructor's championship so much, then I
guess "No" would be the answer to that question.

Also, since money is paid depending on points won by the team, a more
successful "second" driver would be better, financially, for the team.

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<xn0ncpsf410q4fl000@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15046&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15046

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 20:33:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 20:33 UTC

News wrote:

> On 1/8/2022 5:15 AM, Bigbird wrote:
> > Explains a little why Perez had so much trouble closing the gap to
> > Max. I think we've seen it many times when a car is developed
> > towards the #1 drivers style/skills.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when-a-talent-like-max-verstappen-sends-f1-car-design-in-the-wrong-direction-mph

> > "Having a top-level driver like Max Verstappen can be a double-edged
> > sword, such as in 2020 when the Dutchman's skill masked the dead-end
> > development path that Red Bull was taking..."
> >
> > " The car had a characteristic which Max [Verstappen] liked and
> > which allowed him to go faster and so as we went further down this
> > path his lap times would improve. But it brought with it some
> > instability on entry and eventually you come to a point where that
> > is the limiting factor and you cannot go any faster. It also made
> > the car very difficult for the other drivers.”
> >

> Was it the wrong direction when the driver won the WDC?

LOL,

....was it that far over your head or was it beyond your word limit for
any article?

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<sri89b$dor$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15047&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15047

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
wrong direction
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:26:03 -0500
 by: News - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 21:26 UTC

On 1/10/2022 3:33 PM, Bigbird wrote:
> News wrote:
>
>> On 1/8/2022 5:15 AM, Bigbird wrote:
>>> Explains a little why Perez had so much trouble closing the gap to
>>> Max. I think we've seen it many times when a car is developed
>>> towards the #1 drivers style/skills.
>>>

> https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when-a-talent-like-max-verstappen-sends-f1-car-design-in-the-wrong-direction-mph
>>>
>>> "Having a top-level driver like Max Verstappen can be a double-edged
>>> sword, such as in 2020 when the Dutchman's skill masked the dead-end
>>> development path that Red Bull was taking..."
>>>
>>> " The car had a characteristic which Max [Verstappen] liked and
>>> which allowed him to go faster and so as we went further down this
>>> path his lap times would improve. But it brought with it some
>>> instability on entry and eventually you come to a point where that
>>> is the limiting factor and you cannot go any faster. It also made
>>> the car very difficult for the other drivers.”
>>>

>> Was it the wrong direction when the driver won the WDC?
>
> LOL,
>
> ...was it that far over your head or was it beyond your word limit for
> any article?

Lol-wut, indeed. Of course you don't get it. Nor did you the first time.

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<sriahf$40d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15048&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15048

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
wrong direction
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 14:04:30 -0800
 by: Alan - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 22:04 UTC

On 2022-01-10 5:48 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> Alan wrote:

> https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when

>>> 1. we are talking development not just setup.
>>
>> We're talking about whether or not a car suits a driver.
>>

> Yup.
>
>> From a driver's perspective a car's characteristics are what matters,
>> not whether it got them through development or setup.
>
> Wrong. Any driver can influence the setup of their car but only within
> the bounds of it's development.

Yes? So?

You've simply misinterpreted what I meant and to be fair, I should have
written it as "set up". I was using it in the generic sense of how the
car is designed and then developed to be; what handling characteristics
it has.

> Try reading the article. Then try understanding it.
>

>>> 2. you are saying Lewis's setup preferences may not be as
>>> individualised as Max's... which is kind of what the OP was about.
>>
>> No. I'm saying that Hamilton's preferences may be ever bit as
>> individualize as Verstappen's.
>>

> Just that other drivers can live with Lewis's but not Verstappens's

No. All we know is that ONE other driver can live with a car that is
clearly designed, developed and set up to suit Hamilton first and
foremost. We only know that the car worked for Russell.

Does that automatically mean that Bottas is a hack? No.

Similarly, we only know that it took Perez a good long while to come to
grips with a car that was designed, developed and set up first and
foremost to suit Verstappen.

> Sure; no non-seqiturs there. /s
>

>>> It always seems that you are in such a rush to be contrary that you
>>> rarely take a moment to actually consider anything.
>>
>> Sorry. Wrong again.
>
> Oh, it certainly does; I am more right than you have been in months.

You're are, as usual, clueless.

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<a1db1c19-e9d8-498b-89b9-37958c9893f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15050&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15050

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:10:36 -0800 (PST)
wrong direction
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 23:10 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 3:04:35 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

> You're are, as usual, clueless.

oh the hypocrisy

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<c446cb5b-3ee1-4fdf-b91b-37f3003c12cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15051&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15051

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:18:50 -0800 (PST)
wrong direction
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 23:18 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 3:04:35 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

> You're are, as usual, clueless.

are you 12 years old?

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<xn0ncqr3n1um1nu000@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15053&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15053

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 10:29:40 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 10:29 UTC

Alan wrote:

> On 2022-01-10 5:48 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> > Alan wrote:

> > https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when

> > > We're talking about whether or not a car suits a driver.
> > >

> > Yup.
> >
> >> From a driver's perspective a car's characteristics are what
> matters,
> > > not whether it got them through development or setup.
> >
> > Wrong. Any driver can influence the setup of their car but only
> > within the bounds of it's development.
>
> Yes? So?
>
> You've simply misinterpreted what I meant and to be fair, I should
> have written it as "set up". I was using it in the generic sense of
> how the car is designed and then developed to be; what handling
> characteristics it has.

LOL

Are you doing a self parody or do you really not realise you are
arguing against yourself.

You won't even put your hands up to having misspoke; you now want to
redefine the language.

Laughable.

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<xn0ncqra51uvghr001@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15054&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15054

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 10:36:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 10:36 UTC

News wrote:

> On 1/10/2022 3:33 PM, Bigbird wrote:
> > News wrote:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when-a-talent-like-max-verstappen-sends-f1-car-design-in-the-wrong-direction-mph

> > > Was it the wrong direction when the driver won the WDC?
> >
> > LOL,
> >
> > ...was it that far over your head or was it beyond your word limit
> > for any article?
> >

> Lol-wut, indeed. Of course you don't get it. Nor did you the first
> time.

I totally get how fucking stupid your comment is; I pretty sure you do
too, now you've had some time.

....or do you maintain the article was beyond your cognitive abilities.

A small test.

Does the article imply that

a) Max scraped the WDC because of the way the car was developed, or
b) Max lucked into the WDC despite the way the car was developed?

The answer is clear but can you see it?

....and how did it influence the WCC?

Ask if you need help.

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<srkfqk$10qa$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15059&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15059

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
wrong direction
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 09:47:00 -0800
 by: Alan - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 17:47 UTC

On 2022-01-11 2:29 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when

>>> Yup.

>> matters,
>>>
>>> Wrong. Any driver can influence the setup of their car but only
>>> within the bounds of it's development.
>>
>> Yes? So?
>>
>> You've simply misinterpreted what I meant and to be fair, I should
>> have written it as "set up". I was using it in the generic sense of
>> how the car is designed and then developed to be; what handling
>> characteristics it has.
>>

> LOL
>
> Are you doing a self parody or do you really not realise you are
> arguing against yourself.
>
> You won't even put your hands up to having misspoke; you now want to
> redefine the language.
>
> Laughable.

I notice you've clipped the substance of the post.

Got it.

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<666a8655-dd2f-4cd7-a17b-f9554e476d4fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15074&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15074

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 13:54:25 -0800 (PST)
wrong direction
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 21:54 UTC

On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 10:47:03 AM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

> I notice you've clipped the substance of the post.

you are a fucking faggot
notice that?

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<srmqkj$595$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15088&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15088

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
wrong direction
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 10:03:46 -0500
 by: News - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 15:03 UTC

On 1/11/2022 5:36 AM, Bigbird wrote:
> News wrote:

> https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/when-a-talent-like-max-verstappen-sends-f1-car-design-in-the-wrong-direction-mph

>>> LOL,
>>>
>>> ...was it that far over your head or was it beyond your word limit
>>> for any article?
>>>

>> Lol-wut, indeed. Of course you don't get it. Nor did you the first
>> time.
>
> I totally get how fucking stupid your comment is; I pretty sure you do
> too, now you've had some time.
>
> ...or do you maintain the article was beyond your cognitive abilities.
>
> A small test.
>
> Does the article imply that
>
> a) Max scraped the WDC because of the way the car was developed, or
> b) Max lucked into the WDC despite the way the car was developed?
>
> The answer is clear but can you see it?
>
> ...and how did it influence the WCC?
>
> Ask if you need help.

Fine tune your reading comprehension and see if you can figure it out.

Re: When a talent like Max Verstappen sends F1 car design in the wrong direction

<xn0ncslx93w51t7003@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15095&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15095

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 20:47:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 20:47 UTC

Liar.

I notice your inability to respond.

--
Bozo bin