Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 14:01:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A question for the MAGA trolls, Re: USWNT...
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Sun, 6 Aug 2023 21:01 UTC

Sweden wins in penalties, the final one literally being called because of the technology in the ball determining that the whole of the ball had crossed the whole of the line by a millimeter.

And the American Right is throwing a defeat parade at the USWNT's elimination from the World Cup.

If you're on the Left, you should be too -- but for a very different reason..

I don't know if I actually posited this possibility when Simone Biles dropped out of Tokyo 2021, but I can't rule it out (and the only thing that could would be access to records I couldn't ask for and don't want to).

But here's a couple questions I think we all need to ask of ourselves as a nation regarding anyone purportedly representing it in any manner:

1) Why would you represent THIS Disunited States?

2) Why would you want to share that representation with people whom you might find completely incompatible?

Let me just give you two examples:

The USWNT: How many of these women would be literally shot if they were known to be LGBT (given that a number of them are)? It's clear that Megan Rapinoe is going to have to find another place to live -- fast.

Simone Biles: How can she represent an American Olympic movement which all but certainly had her raped, fondled, fingered, degraded, etc. before she finally says "ENOUGH!"?

It's one thing (and correct) to say that the rest of the world has progressed, but, especially with the bleating of the Trump MAGA crew the last three weeks, why would I fucking want to represent the United States in tiddly-winks, much less soccer or any other major sport?

If you SERIOUSLY want to apply the bleating of the American Right to this, you would need purity tests, loyalty tests, etc., including:

* No lesbians, bisexuals, or transgenders of any kind.

* Political compatibility with the American Right

* No woman less than an "8", measured by the Bikini Calendar put out beforehand (and this isn't that far from reality -- there was a magazine article before that famous US tournament a number of cycles back where Brandi Chastain was topless, putting two soccer balls where her breasts were)
etc.

I mean, seriously: What, of this group, would want to give their full effort to THIS America?

An America many of which are about to be killed or hounded in.

Mike