From: madm...@kingsman.tv (Rasputin)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: should Russia lose F1 race if they invade Ukraine?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 12:42:18 +0800
 by: Rasputin - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 04:42 UTC

I have heard rumblings about kicking them out of Eurovision Contest if
invasion goes ahead. Both of these events are loved by dictators as
showcases for the international audience.
Biden should nuke Sochi if Putin starts a war.

Re: should Russia lose F1 race if they invade Ukraine?

<4d6cedbc-b13c-4493-bd01-5bc8b10362cdn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15231&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15231

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 08:50:19 -0800 (PST)
From: dlm...@gmail.com (D Munz)
 by: D Munz - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 16:50 UTC

On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 10:42:23 PM UTC-6, Rasputin wrote:
> I have heard rumblings about kicking them out of Eurovision Contest if
> invasion goes ahead. Both of these events are loved by dictators as
> showcases for the international audience.
> Biden should nuke Sochi if Putin starts a war.

Didn't stop the inaugural GP in 2014 (following the Crimea "annexation") so I'm not sure it would now. As I recall, Bernie even sat next to Putin during the GP.

Having said that there are different owners and an invasion would probably be a much longer and uglier event. I suspect the powers that be still want to appear neutral to work politics but an all out invasion would be hard to overlook.

FWIW
DLM