From: yourd...@outlook.com (useapen)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer,alt.politics.republicans,alt.politics.trump,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Subject: Donald Trump gloats about anti-USA Women's World Cup elimination
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 04:18:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: useapen - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 04:18 UTC

Less than 24 hours after the US women�s national team suffered a shocking
defeat at the hands of their longtime nemesis Sweden in the second round
of the 2023 Women�s World Cup, Donald Trump gloated about the team�s
elimination on social media.

The former president, a longtime vocal critic of the team, specifically
Megan Rapinoe, a blue-haired talisman and outspoken LGBTQ+ advocate who
missed a crucial penalty during the final moments of the game, said that
the team�s loss is �fully emblematic of what is happening to our great
Nation under Crooked Joe Biden�.

�Many of our players were openly hostile to America � no other country
behaved in such a manner, or even close,� Trump wrote on Truth Social.
�WOKE EQUALS FAILURE. Nice shot, Megan, the U.S. is going to Hell!!!
MAGA.�

The conservative backlash against the USWNT encapsulates a recurring
pattern in American society � one where sports serves as an arena for the
theater of culture wars. This spectacle, carefully curated and exploited
by political figures like Trump, has magnified existing fault lines and
kindled debates surrounding core values.

Trump�s open hatred for the USWNT dates back to 2019, when Rapinoe, a
lesbian and then co-captain of the team, declared that she would not be
visiting the White House if they won that year�s World Cup in France. Many
of the team�s star players supported Rapinoe, who was branded
�unpatriotic� by Trump and his supporters. The USWNT went on to win the
2019 World Cup, their fourth overall title, and never ended up making it
to the White House.

At the time, Rapinoe represented everything that Trump seemed to detest;
she was an outspoken woman with unapologetic political views that included
her staunch support for LGBTQ+ and trans rights, as well as the Black
Lives Matter movement. She was the first white athlete to kneel during the
national anthem in solidarity with Colin Kapernick, and she was one of the
leading figures in the USWNT�s equal pay struggle. In short, she
represented a set of ideals that directly contradicted the former
president�s sensibilities.

Nevertheless, Rapinoe, who scored a penalty to help seal the USWNT�s 2019
world cup victory, was one of several players who missed a penalty during
Sunday�s dramatic shoot-out with Sweden. Naturally, Trump did not miss the
opportunity to reignite his feud with the two-time World Cup champion.

The former president�s reaction mirrored that of other conservatives, many
of whom openly relished the USWNT�s misfortunes. Notable conservatives
such as Charlie Kirk and Clay Travis mocked Rapinoe on X, formerly known
as Twitter. Others labeled the team �un-American� and �ungrateful�.

�I�m glad they lost,� wrote a contributor for the Blaze, an American
conservative media company. �The attitude of the USWNT reflect such poor
values it�s sickening.�

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/07/trump-uswnt-world-cup-
loss-rapinoe

Re: Donald Trump gloats about anti-USA Women's World Cup elimination

<feb69ed9-27c2-4d0a-b15e-a156cffa2dfen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15241&group=rec.sport.soccer#15241

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 10:33:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 17:33 UTC

You re-elect the fucker, and I will be dead or in prison before "So Help Me God" leaves his lips.

Because that will end the country, and I would think you on the Right would have no problem agreeing.

Mike

Re: Donald Trump gloats about anti-USA Women's World Cup elimination

<a75e013f-f2d2-4e82-9a27-ecfeba31ddaen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15242&group=rec.sport.soccer#15242

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 10:33:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)

On Tuesday, August 8, 2023 at 6:15:06 AM UTC-7, Scout wrote:

> But let's forget their pitiful performance and the fact that Rapinoe would
> have missed the goal even if the goalie had simply stood there with her arms
> crossed, and blame someone for pointing out the obvious.. that the team and
> it's leader sucks.

Maybe she threw the match because she doesn't want to represent sows like you.

Mike

Re: Donald Trump gloats about anti-USA Women's World Cup elimination

<uatf4n$3dhlp$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15298&group=rec.sport.soccer#15298

From: me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net (Scout)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer,alt.politics.republicans,alt.politics.trump,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 07:52:39 -0500
 by: Scout - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 12:52 UTC

"useapen" <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote in message
> Less than 24 hours after the US women's national team suffered a shocking
> defeat at the hands of their longtime nemesis Sweden in the second round
> of the 2023 Women's World Cup, Donald Trump gloated about the team's
> elimination on social media.
>
> The former president, a longtime vocal critic of the team, specifically
> Megan Rapinoe, a blue-haired talisman and outspoken LGBTQ+ advocate who
> missed a crucial penalty during the final moments of the game, said that
> the team's loss is "fully emblematic of what is happening to our great
> Nation under Crooked Joe Biden".

Well, given team lost quicker than any other US soccer team before... looks
like his being critical of the team and it's leader was well founded.