Life is a game of bridge -- and you've just been finessed.

sport / rec.autos.sport.f1 / Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becoming motorsport’s version of WWE

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becomiXYXPDQ
+* Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becomingMark Jackson
|`* Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becomiD Munz
| `* Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becomingNews
|  `* Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becomingAlan
|   `- Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becomitexas gate
`- Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becominga425couple

1
Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becoming motorsport’s version of WWE

<ff87a537-b7d3-4a69-afa8-537663fa6060n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15442&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15442

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 09:16:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Formula_1_is_getting_dangerously_close_to_becomi
ng_motorsport’s_version_of_WWE
From: qwrtz...@gmail.com (XYXPDQ)
 by: XYXPDQ - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 17:16 UTC

So the downside is?

Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becoming motorsport’s version of WWE

<j6fn9sF34p9U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15445&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15445

From: mjack...@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Re:_Formula_1_is_getting_dangerously_close_to_becoming_
motorsport’s_version_of_WWE
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 12:24:12 -0500
 by: Mark Jackson - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 17:24 UTC

On 2/8/2022 12:16 PM, XYXPDQ wrote:
> So the downside is?

Visualize Gunther Steiner armed with a folding chair.

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
An object is a monotonous process.

Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becoming motorsport’s version of WWE

<33b20f6a-3ad7-4f07-944c-e669275c4bfbn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15473&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15473

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 06:29:47 -0800 (PST)
ng_motorsport’s_version_of_WWE
From: dlm...@gmail.com (D Munz)
 by: D Munz - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 14:29 UTC

On Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 11:24:15 AM UTC-6, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 2/8/2022 12:16 PM, XYXPDQ wrote:
> > So the downside is?
>
> Visualize Gunther Steiner armed with a folding chair.

Not necessarily a downside depending on the larger.

Mixing generations but picture him chasing Eddy Jordan around the paddock.

Eddy's ability to mock would make that worth the price of admission.

FWIW
DLM

Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becoming motorsport’s version of WWE

<su0lgv$dos$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15474&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15474

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
motorsport’s_version_of_WWE
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 10:10:21 -0500
 by: News - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 15:10 UTC

On 2/9/2022 9:29 AM, D Munz wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 11:24:15 AM UTC-6, Mark Jackson wrote:
>> On 2/8/2022 12:16 PM, XYXPDQ wrote:
>>> So the downside is?
>>
>> Visualize Gunther Steiner armed with a folding chair.
>>

> Not necessarily a downside depending on the larger.
>
> Mixing generations but picture him chasing Eddy Jordan around the paddock.
>
> Eddy's ability to mock would make that worth the price of admission.
>
> FWIW
> DLM

Enhances the Supremo's goal of 'spectacle'

Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becoming motorsport’s version of WWE

<su0t8a$1ms4$6@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15481&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15481

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
motorsport’s_version_of_WWE
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 09:22:18 -0800
 by: Alan - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 17:22 UTC

On 2022-02-09 7:10 a.m., News wrote:
> On 2/9/2022 9:29 AM, D Munz wrote:
>>>
>>> Visualize Gunther Steiner armed with a folding chair.
>>>

>> Not necessarily a downside depending on the larger.
>>
>> Mixing generations but picture him chasing Eddy Jordan around the
>> paddock.
>>
>> Eddy's ability to mock would make that worth the price of admission.
>>
>> FWIW
>> DLM
>

> Enhances the Supremo's goal of 'spectacle'

Who?

Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becoming motorsport’s version of WWE

<d76199ac-42c0-4459-998c-807214aff137n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15482&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15482

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 09:25:10 -0800 (PST)
ng_motorsport’s_version_of_WWE
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 17:25 UTC

On Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at 10:22:20 AM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

> Who?

fuck off moron

Re: Formula 1 is getting dangerously close to becoming motorsport’s version of WWE

<G01NJ.9854$Gu79.9126@fx26.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15527&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15527

motorsport’s_version_of_WWE
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 21:03:42 -0800
 by: a425couple - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 05:03 UTC

a425couple posted

On 2/8/2022 9:16 AM, XYXPDQ wrote:
> So the downside is?

Well,
I do not know where Formula 1 is heading.
I do not know where motorsports in the USA or the
rest of the world is heading.
It sure seems that some major decisions will need
to be made in the next years.
Oh, so many major decision points.

But to somewhat touch XYXPDQ's point:
Motorsports started as a small sport, but
the original developers did realize that
doing well at racing, did improve sales of
their cars that did well.
And also some parts and suppliers got in the
act, so auto racing became advertising as well
as a sport and technology improvement demonstration.
It was seen by many as a 'sport' for gentlemen that
had a code of behavior, and no contact was allowed.

Many of the biggest players sent their best
engineers to the racing side to push new improvements
and sharpen their skills.

Lately it has become seriously big business as
an form of entertainment.

Meanwhile, over in the USA, in NASCAR, gradually
more 'rubbin is racin' became allowed.

By the way, how many times in 2021 did Hamilton's
car and Verstappen's car make contact with each other?

I'm pretty sure that Jim Clark and Graham Hill never
made contact.

I read:

Will automakers stop making internal combustion engines?

Several automakers have already confessed to having stopped
development on any new internal combustion engines. Some have
taken the multistep approach, however, phasing out development
in some markets before others.

Phasing Out Internal Combustion Engines? It’s ... - Autoweek

(Meanwhile as to electric cars, who claims to enjoy
watching them race? They are not even as fast
as a Formula Ford!!!)

People also ask
Will automakers stop making internal combustion engines?
When will combustion engines be banned in the UK?
Will California phase out cars with internal combustion engines by 2035?
When will California stop selling gasoline cars?

internal combustion cars by 2035 ...
Jul 14, 2021 · The European Union wants to cut new vehicle emissions 100
percent by 2035, essentially banning the sale of new gas-powered cars.
The proposal is part of a broad new plan to cut carbon use on the ...

Author: Sean O'kane
to ban gas and diesel cars by 2035 ...
Apr 21, 2021 · The governors of a dozen U.S. states have sent a letter
to President Biden urging him to pass a ban on the sale of internal
combustion engine vehicles by 2035.

Engines? It’s Already Happening
Apr 30, 2021 · Toyota said back in 2017 that it doesn’t plan to be
making internal combustion engines after 2040, but it’s unclear what it
thinks now. In 2019, Honda announced it would sell only EVs and hybrids...

Internal Combustion Engine Cars, SUVs ...
Jan 29, 2021 · 29 Jan 2021, 08:59 UTC · by Sergiu Tudose General Motors,
America’s largest carmaker, is setting out to become fully
carbon-neutral on a global scale by the year 2040, and is committing to...

banning sale of gasoline-powered ...
Sep 23, 2020 · California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed an executive order
Wednesday to end the sale of gasoline-powered cars in the state by 2035.
The order aims to phase out cars with internal combustion engines...

Video Duration: 1 min
the sale of combustion-engine ...
Nov 17, 2020 · The UK plans to end the sale of new internal combustion
vehicles by 2030, and stop sales of new hybrid vehicles by 2035. UK
Prime Minister Boris Johnson made the announcement as part of a sweeping ...

Combustion-Engined Car Sales - CarBuzz
California made global headlines last September when it announced a bold
and perhaps controversial plan to ban sales of new combustion-engine
vehicles by 2035. Governor Gavin Newsom signed the...

combustion engines from 2030 - electrive.com
Nov 18, 2020 · British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has made it
official: the government will bring forward the ban on the sale of cars
with combustion engines by five years to 2030. This measure is part of a
new ten-point plan for a “green industrial revolution”.