If you're carrying a torch, put it down. The Olympics are over.

sport / rec.autos.sport.f1 / Re: It's called a motor race, OK

SubjectAuthor
* It's called a motor race, OKBigbird
+* Re: It's called a motor race, OKAlan
|+- Re: It's called a motor race, OKtexas gate
|+- Re: It's called a motor race, OKBigbird
|`- Re: It's called a motor race, OKAnthonyL
`* Re: It's called a motor race, OKrtr
 `- Re: It's called a motor race, OKBigbird

1
It's called a motor race, OK

<xn0ndxdgp798nab000@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15497&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15497

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: It's called a motor race, OK
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 21:27:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 21:27 UTC

Red Bull: Obviously those lapped cars, you don't need to let them go
right the way around and catch up with the back of the pack.

Masi: Understood.

Red Bull: You need to let them go.

Masi: Understood, just give us a second.

Red Bull: ...and then we got a motor race on our hands.

After the race, Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff tells Masi what he
has done is "not right".

Masi replies: "Toto, it's called a motor race, OK?"

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: It's called a motor race, OK

<su1ccr$1j6l$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15501&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15501

From: nop...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Re: It's called a motor race, OK
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 13:40:43 -0800
 by: Alan - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 21:40 UTC

On 2022-02-09 1:27 p.m., Bigbird wrote:

> Red Bull: Obviously those lapped cars, you don't need to let them go
> right the way around and catch up with the back of the pack.
>
> Masi: Understood.
>
> Red Bull: You need to let them go.
>
> Masi: Understood, just give us a second.
>
> Red Bull: ...and then we got a motor race on our hands.
>

> After the race, Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff tells Masi what he
> has done is "not right".
>
> Masi replies: "Toto, it's called a motor race, OK?"

And you posted this... ...why, exactly?

What does it illuminate?

Most of us heard or read that exchange ages ago.

Re: It's called a motor race, OK

<42baa461-f6bd-4c6d-9baf-a8f283f546d7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15506&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15506

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 13:45:50 -0800 (PST)
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 21:45 UTC

On Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at 2:40:46 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

> And you posted this... ...why, exactly?

none of your fucking business
you fucking weirdo

Re: It's called a motor race, OK

<xn0ndxeo97auj1i000@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15510&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15510

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 22:12:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 22:12 UTC

Alan wrote:

> On 2022-02-09 1:27 p.m., Bigbird wrote:
> >
> > Red Bull: Obviously those lapped cars, you don't need to let them go
> > right the way around and catch up with the back of the pack.
> >
> > Masi: Understood.
> >
> > Red Bull: You need to let them go.
> >
> > Masi: Understood, just give us a second.
> >
> > Red Bull: ...and then we got a motor race on our hands.
> >

> > After the race, Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff tells Masi what
> > he has done is "not right".
> >
> > Masi replies: "Toto, it's called a motor race, OK?"
> >

> And you posted this... ...why, exactly?
>
> What does it illuminate?
>
> Most of us heard or read that exchange ages ago.

Liar.

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: It's called a motor race, OK

<62050541.1222136000@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15529&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15529

From: nos...@please.invalid (AnthonyL)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:32:33 GMT
 by: AnthonyL - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:32 UTC

On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 13:40:43 -0800, Alan <nope@nope.com> wrote:

>On 2022-02-09 1:27 p.m., Bigbird wrote:
>>
>> Red Bull: Obviously those lapped cars, you don't need to let them go
>> right the way around and catch up with the back of the pack.
>>
>> Masi: Understood.
>>
>> Red Bull: You need to let them go.
>>
>> Masi: Understood, just give us a second.
>>
>> Red Bull: ...and then we got a motor race on our hands.
>>

>> After the race, Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff tells Masi what he
>> has done is "not right".
>>
>> Masi replies: "Toto, it's called a motor race, OK?"
>>

>And you posted this... ...why, exactly?
>
>What does it illuminate?
>
>Most of us heard or read that exchange ages ago.

There is suggestion that some of the full exchange, not quoted above,
has only come to the fore yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60318052

Extract but best to read the full article though no doubt better
exists within the racing congnicenti:

<quote>
Wheatley says: "Those lapped cars; you don't need to let them go right
the way around and catch up with the back of the pack. You only need
to let them go, and then we've got a motor race on our hands."

Masi replies: "Understood."

After the race, Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff gets on the radio
to tell Masi that what he has done is "not right".

Masi replies: "Toto, it's called a motor race, OK?"

The radio transmissions are not new - they were on a video released by
Formula 1 on 16 December, four days after the race - but the one from
Wheatley appears to have missed general circulation in the storm that
followed.

Their emergence into the public arena - they were trending on Twitter
on Wednesday with the hashtag #F1xed - has come days before the FIA is
due to reveal the outcome of its inquiry into Abu Dhabi to a meeting
of the F1 Commission next Monday.

And it fits an impression of Masi acting in Red Bull's favour during
the race and against Mercedes' interests.

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner had previously said to Masi:
"Why aren't we getting these lapped cars out of the way? You only need
one racing lap."
</unquote>

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?

Re: It's called a motor race, OK

<87bkzf13ir.fsf@haraya.local.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15534&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15534

From: rtr...@haraya.invalid (rtr)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 17:20:44 +0800
sha1:Vfm5e+c+AY4Xm9pv4Jp3vcfHLh4=
 by: rtr - Thu, 10 Feb 2022 09:20 UTC

"Bigbird" <bigbird.nospam.usenet@gmail.com> writes:

> Red Bull: Obviously those lapped cars, you don't need to let them go
> right the way around and catch up with the back of the pack.
>
> Masi: Understood.
>
> Red Bull: You need to let them go.
>
> Masi: Understood, just give us a second.
>
> Red Bull: ...and then we got a motor race on our hands.
>

> After the race, Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff tells Masi what he
> has done is "not right".
>
> Masi replies: "Toto, it's called a motor race, OK?"

Earlier that race when GIO had car failure I remember Wolff explicitly
telling Masi to not release a safety car since "it interferes with the
[motor] race".

--
Ang kalayaan ay dili gihatag, ini'y giabot.
--

Re: It's called a motor race, OK

<xn0ndzqtj1jjhzz001@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=15542&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#15542

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 11:28:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 11:28 UTC

rtr wrote:

> "Bigbird" <bigbird.nospam.usenet@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Red Bull: Obviously those lapped cars, you don't need to let them go
> > right the way around and catch up with the back of the pack.
> >
> > Masi: Understood.
> >
> > Red Bull: You need to let them go.
> >
> > Masi: Understood, just give us a second.
> >
> > Red Bull: ...and then we got a motor race on our hands.
> >

> > After the race, Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff tells Masi what
> > he has done is "not right".
> >
> > Masi replies: "Toto, it's called a motor race, OK?"
>
> Earlier that race when GIO had car failure I remember Wolff explicitly
> telling Masi to not release a safety car since "it interferes with the
> [motor] race".

"[motor]" lol!

--
Bozo bin