[Babe] Ruth made a big mistake when he gave up pitching. -- Tris Speaker, 1921

sport / rec.autos.sport.f1 / Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

SubjectAuthor
* Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading togeoff
+* Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leadingAlan
> [...]
||  `* Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leadingAlan
||   +- Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leadingalister
||   `- Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to MichaelBigbird
|+* Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to MichaelBigbird
||`* Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leadingAlan
|| `- Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to MichaelBigbird
|`- Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to MichaelAlan LeHun
`* Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leadingkeithr0
 `* Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leadinggeoff
  `- Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to MichaelAlan LeHun

Pages:12
Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<t08332$vda$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16016&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16016

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading
to Michael Masi's removal
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 09:17:21 -0800
 by: Alan - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 17:17 UTC

On 2022-03-08 8:52 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> Do you have a cite for that.
>>
>> The article above.
>>

> Tells us nothing about the source of any supposed guidance and who it
> came from.

Do you at least acknowledge that Horner said this?

And from whom can an employee received "guidance"?

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<t08346$vda$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16017&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16017

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
to Michael Masi's removal
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 09:17:57 -0800

On 2022-03-08 9:13 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> Alan wrote:
>
>> On 2022-03-07 1:24 p.m., geoff wrote:
>>> https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/60651647
>>>
>>> Ha ha ha. Nothing to do with Masi's ignoring the rules in favour of
>>> your own driver then ...
>>>
>>> geoff
>>
>> 'Horner is one of several figures in F1 to admit that Masi was trying
>> to follow guidance directing him to do his best to avoid races ending
>> under a safety-car period.'
>>
>> So...
>>
>> ...who do you suppose was giving him that guidance?
>
> Oh FFS, we've been over this. It was his job to follow and enforce the
> regulations. If there were guidance that required a regulation change
> they would have put one to the teams. There was not.
> Are you really claiming to be too ignorant to know the difference
> between something being "desirable" and being given authority to
> override/ignore the written regulations?

And yet there was a specific call to the fact that safety cars would be
handled differently in this last race...

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<MPG.3c91b7aee1fe279d40@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16022&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16022

From: try...@reply.to (Alan LeHun)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 18:58:29 -0000
 by: Alan LeHun - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 18:58 UTC

In article <t062ak$84f$2@dont-email.me>, nuh-uh@nope.com says...
> 'Horner is one of several figures in F1 to admit that Masi was trying to
> follow guidance directing him to do his best to avoid races ending under
> a safety-car period.'
>
> So...
>
> ...who do you suppose was giving him that guidance?

My understanding is that it was the teams themselves, during a team
principles meeting.

I'm trying to find a cite, but best I have done so far is
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.unpicking-the-safety-car-
period-that-turned-the-abu-dhabi-grand-prix-on-
its.7rTWOXxJ5lpvg38nrCYfM3.html

https://tinyurl.com/bde7je2w

"The Formula 1 teams wanted a Grand Prix to always end under a green
flag. To flag down a race behind the (virtual) safety car would no
longer be possible. A noble goal, nice for the fans and good for the
excitement. However, a consensus had to be reached on how to do this:
should there be extra laps, for example?

In any case, there are plenty of options to always finish under green.
Precisely that proved to be a problem, because the teams could not agree
on what to do in case of a safety car in the final phase. That reports
Auto, motor und sport. A rule change did not make it. It is possible
that the teams will reach an agreement at a later stage, according to
the medium, and that finishing under yellow will be abolished after
all."

--
Alan LeHun

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<MPG.3c91b8767e430f6f41@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16023&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16023

From: try...@reply.to (Alan LeHun)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:01:49 -0000
 by: Alan LeHun - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:01 UTC

In article <t071g2$ekb$1@dont-email.me>, nuh-uh@nope.com says...
> Do you dispute that Christian Horner stated that:
>
> 'Masi was trying to follow guidance directing him to do his best to
> avoid races ending under a safety-car period.'
>
> Yes or no?

Who gave that guidance is the issue.

--
Alan LeHun

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<t089g2$1pdg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16024&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16024

From: alister....@ntlworld.com (alister)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
to Michael Masi's removal
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:06:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: alister - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:06 UTC

On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 09:17:21 -0800, Alan wrote:

> On 2022-03-08 8:52 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
>> Alan wrote:

>>> The article above.
>>>

>> Tells us nothing about the source of any supposed guidance and who it
>> came from.
>>

> Do you at least acknowledge that Horner said this?
>
> And from whom can an employee received "guidance"?

the key word is GUIDANCE, not order or instruction GUIDANCE.
I receive lots of GUIDANCE from my boss such as avoid any unnecessary
overtime or expense but at no time does he mean for me to break the law or
breach contracts to do so (& if he did I would be wrong to follow such
GUIDANCE.

I would suspect that Masi has in fact failed in the GUIDANCE he was given
because I a pretty sure it would have been more along the lines of "Try to
ensure a good clean race with no controversy".
I seriously doubt that Liberty have been at all please with the ensuing
debacle.

Horner is now trying to stir the pot for the start of 2022 to gain a
psychological advantage, typical Honer Mind games, Wolf is fully aware of
them as he is also guilty of the same.

--
(l)user error

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<tYqdnQwNtbsVLrr_nZ2dnUU7-XfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16025&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16025

Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 08:50:26 +1300
to Michael Masi's removal
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:50 UTC

On 8/03/2022 8:44 pm, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-03-07 10:33 p.m., geoff wrote:

>>> Horner is reported as saying exactly what I was telling you.

>>> Sorry, but when your bosses tell you what they want, that's what
>>> tends to happen.
>>

>> OK - your trick.  Please cite proof.
>
> Do you dispute that Christian Horner stated that:
>
> 'Masi was trying to follow guidance directing him to do his best to
> avoid races ending under a safety-car period.'
>
> Yes or no?

That he said it, no I don't dispute that.

I have no idea, but that isn't the point in question.

I can imagine Horner saying all sorts of things to support Masi and his
decisions which gifted his driver the win, accurate or not.

geoff

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<tYqdnQ8Ntbt1Lrr_nZ2dnUU7-XednZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16026&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16026

Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 08:52:06 +1300
to Michael Masi's removal
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:52 UTC

On 8/03/2022 8:48 pm, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-03-07 11:46 p.m., Sir Tim wrote:
>> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> Horner is reported as saying exactly what I was telling you.

>>> Sorry, but when your bosses tell you what they want, that's what tends
>>> to happen.
>>>

>> Masi’s boss is the FIA, the regulator of F1. Are you saying it is bent?
>>

> 1. They don't have to be "bent" to think it is in the best interests of
> F1 for the best season in 20 years not to end behind a safety car.

And they think to end in an unfair and illegal manner is in thebest
interests of F1 ?

geoff

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<tYqdnQ4NtbsEKLr_nZ2dnUU7-XednZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16027&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16027

Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 08:59:18 +1300
to Michael Masi's removal
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 19:59 UTC

On 8/03/2022 7:34 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 8/03/2022 7:24 am, geoff wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/60651647
>>
>> Ha ha ha. Nothing to do with Masi's ignoring the rules in favour of
>> your own driver then ...
>>
>> geoff
>
> Interestingly in a fan poll on Speed-Cafe, 2/3rds of the respondent felt
> that he should not have been sacked.

So Speed-Cafe types typically have a stiffy for VER and those who come
to his assistance ?

Or do they favour 'flexible' rules ?

Or are they accepting of low job-performance standards ?

geoff

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<MPG.3c91caee68de610342@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16028&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16028

From: try...@reply.to (Alan LeHun)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 20:20:30 -0000
 by: Alan LeHun - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 20:20 UTC

In article <tYqdnQ4NtbsEKLr_nZ2dnUU7-XednZ2d@giganews.com>,
geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org says...
> > Interestingly in a fan poll on Speed-Cafe, 2/3rds of the respondent felt
> > that he should not have been sacked.
>
> So Speed-Cafe types typically have a stiffy for VER and those who come
> to his assistance ?
>
> Or do they favour 'flexible' rules ?

I think it's a big step to say that not thinking masi should be sacked
is admission that they think he acted correctly.

--
Alan LeHun

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<t08m00$v41$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16029&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16029

From: shaun.at...@gmail.com (~misfit~)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
to Michael Masi's removal
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 11:39:58 +1300
 by: ~misfit~ - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 22:39 UTC

On 8/03/2022 11:04 pm, durian wrote:
> On 2022-03-08, keithr0 <user@account.invalid> wrote:

>>> Masi’s boss is the FIA, the regulator of F1. Are you saying it is bent?
>>>
>> There have been plenty of accusations that Masi is "Bent" and
>> deliberately set out to rob Hamilton of the title.
>
> Why would he do that?

Maybe because Red Bull is the only top team in recent times who've run Australian drivers? I've
spoken to a few Aussies and they tend to favour RBR because of this. It's the most popular team in
Aus from what I can see.

Just a thought...

> "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Hanlon's Razor is good as a general guide but you don't get to become F1 race director if you're
stupid.

> There have been more controversial discussions over the season, not just in the last race. If it was deliberate it was, uhm, finely timed :-)

It was very predictable though, once Max pitted and Lewis didn't and they were nose-to-tail *any*
racing lap/s were going to change the natural order of the race.

--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<j8qp1sFfeucU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16030&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16030

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
to Michael Masi's removal
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 14:34:03 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 04:34 UTC

On 9/03/2022 8:39 am, ~misfit~ wrote:
> On 8/03/2022 11:04 pm, durian wrote:

>>> There have been plenty of accusations that Masi is "Bent" and
>>> deliberately set out to rob Hamilton of the title.
>>
>> Why would he do that?
>
> Maybe because Red Bull is the only top team in recent times who've run
> Australian drivers? I've spoken to a few Aussies and they tend to favour
> RBR because of this. It's the most popular team in Aus from what I can see.

A load of bullshit. I think that whatever team Danny Ricciardo is
driving for is more likely to be favourite. I have seem posts that imply
that Australians hate Hamilton, not sure where that comes from either.

> Just a thought...
>
>> "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
>> stupidity."
>
> Hanlon's Razor is good as a general guide but you don't get to become F1
> race director if you're stupid.
>
>> There have been more controversial discussions over the season, not
>> just in the last race. If it was deliberate it was, uhm, finely timed :-)
>
> It was very predictable though, once Max pitted and Lewis didn't and
> they were nose-to-tail *any* racing lap/s were going to change the
> natural order of the race.

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<xn0nf5w6v36x60g000@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16031&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16031

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 11:41:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 11:41 UTC

Alan wrote:

> On 2022-03-08 8:52 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> > Alan wrote:

> > > The article above.
> > >

> > Tells us nothing about the source of any supposed guidance and who
> > it came from.
> >

> Do you at least acknowledge that Horner said this?
>
> And from whom can an employee received "guidance"?

Sure. I wasn't paying attention and thought it was something new and
relevant not the same old news restated.

Do acknowledge that "guidance" does not confer any permission to
ignore or circumvent the regulations.

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<xn0nf5wak372il6001@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16032&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16032

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 11:45:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 11:45 UTC

Alan wrote:

> On 2022-03-08 9:13 a.m., Bigbird wrote:
> > Alan wrote:

> > > 'Horner is one of several figures in F1 to admit that Masi was
> > > trying to follow guidance directing him to do his best to avoid
> > > races ending under a safety-car period.'
> > >
> > > So...
> > >
> > > ...who do you suppose was giving him that guidance?
> >
> > Oh FFS, we've been over this. It was his job to follow and enforce
> > the regulations. If there were guidance that required a regulation
> > change they would have put one to the teams. There was not.
> > Are you really claiming to be too ignorant to know the difference
> > between something being "desirable" and being given authority to
> > override/ignore the written regulations?
>
> And yet

???

> there was a specific call to the fact that safety cars would
> be handled differently in this last race...

No. Be precise.

There was an agreement that finishing under the SC was not desirable.
Nothing more.

or in your choice of words...

"And yet" there was no suggestion that the regulations would not be
applied as written which would require overt and probably unanimous
agreement of the teams.

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<t0bb0g$8c0$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16038&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16038

From: shaun.at...@gmail.com (~misfit~)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
to Michael Masi's removal
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 11:50:54 +1300
 by: ~misfit~ - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 22:50 UTC

On 9/03/2022 5:34 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 9/03/2022 8:39 am, ~misfit~ wrote:

>>> Why would he do that?
>>
>> Maybe because Red Bull is the only top team in recent times who've run Australian drivers? I've
>> spoken to a few Aussies and they tend to favour RBR because of this. It's the most popular team
>> in Aus from what I can see.
>
> A load of bullshit.

Opinions and arseholes.... Unless you can produce data to back it up?

> I think that whatever team Danny Ricciardo is driving for is more likely to be
> favourite.

Yeah, even Masi couldn't wrangle it so that Dan won that last race. (BTW, as an Aussie I'd have
thought you'd have known that Dan doesn't like being called "Danny".)

> I have seem posts that imply that Australians hate Hamilton, not sure where that comes
> from either.

Hard to know. Then again as one of the last countries in the world to have an official whites only
'White Australia policy' (WAP), only rescinded in the 1970s and an abysmal record when it comes to
dealing with native inhabitants it could be true... The WAP is after all in living memory.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy>

Maybe (where ever it comes from) it is partly due to the fact that Hamilton was keeping RBR out of
top place?

--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<09de0fdb-b824-4ab3-b566-aced91703b88n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16040&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16040

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 14:58:10 -0800 (PST)
to Michael Masi's removal
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 22:58 UTC

On Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 3:50:59 PM UTC-7, ~misfit~ wrote:

> (BTW, as an Aussie I'd have
> thought you'd have known that Dan doesn't like being called "Danny".)

fuck off faggot

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<xn0nf797s8y27h000@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16043&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16043

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 10:43:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 10:43 UTC

~misfit~ wrote:

> Maybe because Red Bull is the only top team in recent times who've
> run Australian drivers? I've spoken to a few Aussies and they tend to
> favour RBR because of this. It's the most popular team in Aus from
> what I can see.

A quick search gave this.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2021/10/21/ferrari-no-longer-most-popular-f1-team-among-fans/

"McLaren was the top-ranked team in the UK, US, Australia, Canada and
Brazil, while regionally it was ranked number one in Europe."

The combination of 2nd most popular driver Lando Norris and Daniel
Ricciardo probably drive this choice in AUS.

--
Bozo bin
Felicity

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<Jr6dnUotVc8M9Lf_nZ2dnUU7-fHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16048&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16048

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 10:11:40 +1300
to Michael Masi's removal
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 21:11 UTC

On 10/03/2022 11:43 pm, Bigbird wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Maybe because Red Bull is the only top team in recent times who've
>> run Australian drivers? I've spoken to a few Aussies and they tend to
>> favour RBR because of this. It's the most popular team in Aus from
>> what I can see.
>>

> A quick search gave this.
>
> https://www.motorsportweek.com/2021/10/21/ferrari-no-longer-most-popular-f1-team-among-fans/
>
> "McLaren was the top-ranked team in the UK, US, Australia, Canada and
> Brazil, while regionally it was ranked number one in Europe."
>
> The combination of 2nd most popular driver Lando Norris and Daniel
> Ricciardo probably drive this choice in AUS.

Naa - the only reason McLaren would be the favourite team in Oz is
because McLaren was a Kiwi, and they have a habit of laying claim to
successful things from NZ. Like Crowded House, Phar Lap, Gorton,
Pavlova, etc...

geoff

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<t0dsj3$uru$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16049&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16049

From: shaun.at...@gmail.com (~misfit~)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
to Michael Masi's removal
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:03:12 +1300
 by: ~misfit~ - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 22:03 UTC

On 10/03/2022 11:43 pm, Bigbird wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Maybe because Red Bull is the only top team in recent times who've
>> run Australian drivers? I've spoken to a few Aussies and they tend to
>> favour RBR because of this. It's the most popular team in Aus from
>> what I can see.
>>

> A quick search gave this.
>
> https://www.motorsportweek.com/2021/10/21/ferrari-no-longer-most-popular-f1-team-among-fans/
>
> "McLaren was the top-ranked team in the UK, US, Australia, Canada and
> Brazil, while regionally it was ranked number one in Europe."
>
> The combination of 2nd most popular driver Lando Norris and Daniel
> Ricciardo probably drive this choice in AUS.

Also as F1 has started to reach more women (and they do outnumber us after all) this probably
accounts for a lot of it. From your link:

"A noticeable increase in popularity has been seen in female fans, with almost 50% of female
participants listing McLaren as their top team to follow."

However this is all recent, RBR was the favoured team in Aus in the last decade (from my
experience) and Masi is older and male...
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<23279a2e-bf03-4032-84ad-5f7dfd92c368n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16054&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16054

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 15:39:22 -0800 (PST)
to Michael Masi's removal
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 23:39 UTC

On Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 3:03:17 PM UTC-7, ~misfit~ wrote:

> Also as F1 has started to reach more women (and they do outnumber us after all) this probably
> accounts for a lot of it. From your link:
>
> "A noticeable increase in popularity has been seen in female fans, with almost 50% of female
> participants listing McLaren as their top team to follow."

you are a female

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<j90k2cFj5skU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16062&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16062

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
to Michael Masi's removal
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 19:45:48 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 09:45 UTC

On 10/03/2022 8:50 am, ~misfit~ wrote:
> On 9/03/2022 5:34 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> Maybe because Red Bull is the only top team in recent times who've
>>> run Australian drivers? I've spoken to a few Aussies and they tend to
>>> favour RBR because of this. It's the most popular team in Aus from
>>> what I can see.
>>
>> A load of bullshit.
>
> Opinions and arseholes.... Unless you can produce data to back it up?

Don't need to I was questioning your assertion.

>> I think that whatever team Danny Ricciardo is driving for is more
>> likely to be favourite.
>
> Yeah, even Masi couldn't wrangle it so that Dan won that last race.
> (BTW, as an Aussie I'd have thought you'd have known that Dan doesn't
> like being called "Danny".)
>
>> I have seem posts that imply that Australians hate Hamilton, not sure
>> where that comes from either.
>
> Hard to know. Then again as one of the last countries in the world to
> have an official whites only 'White Australia policy' (WAP), only
> rescinded in the 1970s and an abysmal record when it comes to dealing
> with native inhabitants it could be true... The WAP is after all in
> living memory.
>
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy>
>
> Maybe (where ever it comes from) it is partly due to the fact that
> Hamilton was keeping RBR out of top place?

So basically because Masi is Australian, he favours Red Bull, and hates
Hamilton because he is a racist. That's not a good troll barely even an
average one.

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<9eWdnSNV7_LVv7b_nZ2dnUU7-UHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16063&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16063

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 23:19:49 +1300
to Michael Masi's removal
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 10:19 UTC

On 11/03/2022 10:45 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 10/03/2022 8:50 am, ~misfit~ wrote:

>>> A load of bullshit.
>>
>> Opinions and arseholes.... Unless you can produce data to back it up?
>
> Don't need to I was questioning your assertion.
>
>>> I think that whatever team Danny Ricciardo is driving for is more
>>> likely to be favourite.
>>
>> Yeah, even Masi couldn't wrangle it so that Dan won that last race.
>> (BTW, as an Aussie I'd have thought you'd have known that Dan doesn't
>> like being called "Danny".)
>>
>>> I have seem posts that imply that Australians hate Hamilton, not sure
>>> where that comes from either.
>>
>> Hard to know. Then again as one of the last countries in the world to
>> have an official whites only 'White Australia policy' (WAP), only
>> rescinded in the 1970s and an abysmal record when it comes to dealing
>> with native inhabitants it could be true... The WAP is after all in
>> living memory.
>>
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy>
>>
>> Maybe (where ever it comes from) it is partly due to the fact that
>> Hamilton was keeping RBR out of top place?
>
> So basically because Masi is Australian, he favours Red Bull, and hates
> Hamilton because he is a racist. That's not a good troll barely even an
> average one.

Sounds more like Edmund ....

geoff

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<t0fk35$7gq$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16064&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16064

From: New...@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
to Michael Masi's removal
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 08:50:28 -0500
 by: News - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 13:50 UTC

On 3/10/2022 5:03 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
> On 10/03/2022 11:43 pm, Bigbird wrote:
>> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe because Red Bull is the only top team in recent times who've
>>> run Australian drivers? I've spoken to a few Aussies and they tend to
>>> favour RBR because of this. It's the most popular team in Aus from
>>> what I can see.
>>>

>> A quick search gave this.
>>
>> https://www.motorsportweek.com/2021/10/21/ferrari-no-longer-most-popular-f1-team-among-fans/
>>

>> "McLaren was the top-ranked team in the UK, US, Australia, Canada and
>> Brazil, while regionally it was ranked number one in Europe."
>>
>> The combination of 2nd most popular driver Lando Norris and Daniel
>> Ricciardo probably drive this choice in AUS.
>
> Also as F1 has started to reach more women (and they do outnumber us
> after all) this probably accounts for a lot of it. From your link:
>
> "A noticeable increase in popularity has been seen in female fans, with
> almost 50% of female participants listing McLaren as their top team to
> follow."

No kidding. The high-end stroller firm?

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<t0h4gj$vi4$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16068&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16068

From: shaun.at...@gmail.com (~misfit~)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
to Michael Masi's removal
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:36:48 +1300
 by: ~misfit~ - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 03:36 UTC

On 11/03/2022 10:45 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 10/03/2022 8:50 am, ~misfit~ wrote:

>>> A load of bullshit.
>>
>> Opinions and arseholes.... Unless you can produce data to back it up?
>
> Don't need to I was questioning your assertion.

No, you were saying that I was wrong, not questioning anything.

>>> I think that whatever team Danny Ricciardo is driving for is more likely to be favourite.
>>
>> Yeah, even Masi couldn't wrangle it so that Dan won that last race. (BTW, as an Aussie I'd have
>> thought you'd have known that Dan doesn't like being called "Danny".)
>>
>>> I have seem posts that imply that Australians hate Hamilton, not sure where that comes from either.
>>
>> Hard to know. Then again as one of the last countries in the world to have an official whites
>> only 'White Australia policy' (WAP), only rescinded in the 1970s and an abysmal record when it
>> comes to dealing with native inhabitants it could be true... The WAP is after all in living memory.
>>
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy>
>>
>> Maybe (where ever it comes from) it is partly due to the fact that Hamilton was keeping RBR out
>> of top place?
>
> So basically because Masi is Australian, he favours Red Bull, and hates Hamilton because he is a
> racist. That's not a good troll barely even an average one.

You bought up the whole 'Aussies are seen as anti-Hamilton' thing and said you don't know why. I
was merely offering a reason as to, if that is the case, why it /might/ be.

I stand by my statement that, of the Aussies *I* know who follow F1 most of them support RBR.

I'm not a troll, though sometimes my posts are a little edgy. The only time I get remotely close to
trolling is when I'm replying to one (something I try to avoid).

Reading back through this I see you using the words 'hate', 'hates', 'bullshit', purporting to know
what I was trying to say and then deriding it. I think that I might have stepped in one...
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<1a567931-7917-4a49-9317-806ca311d807n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16069&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16069

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 19:58:51 -0800 (PST)
to Michael Masi's removal
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 03:58 UTC

On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 8:36:55 PM UTC-7, ~misfit~ wrote:

> I'm not a troll,

Ya right. Just the same old annoying NZ cock sucker.

> though sometimes my posts are a little edgy.

Ya you are real fucking rebel.
Pirating sky f1.
Living on government hand outs.
Crying the blues about your shithole existence.

Re: Christian Horner accuses Mercedes of 'bullying' behaviour leading to Michael Masi's removal

<e7734797-1776-45e5-87ac-29ac79694240n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=16070&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#16070

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 20:03:35 -0800 (PST)
to Michael Masi's removal
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 04:03 UTC

On Friday, March 11, 2022 at 3:19:59 AM UTC-7, geoff wrote:

> Sounds more like Edmund ....

You forgot to make a reference to
male genitalia or rectums.
You fucking freak.