From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: TV distribution maps for Sunday, Dec. 5
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 13:24:39 -0500
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.10
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 18:24 UTC

Much of the country will see Chargers-Cincinnati at 1 pm ET, but I won't
because the local team (Eagles) happens to be playing at the Jets at 1
pm, so that's the game that the local CBS station will be carrying. Darn.

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=13

BTW, Ian Eagle is doing the play-by-play for the Chargers game, and
whenever I see his name I feel bad because he's no longer paired with
Dan Fouts. I was really surprised when CBS declined to renew his
contract a few years ago. Was he really not a good color commentator? I
loved listening to him, but mostly because he's Dan Fouts.

--Robin

Re: TV distribution maps for Sunday, Dec. 5

<cc7daefc-dc40-4fcd-a959-74a5b2695a87n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1651&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1651

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 12:28:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: TV distribution maps for Sunday, Dec. 5
From: phlas...@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 20:28 UTC

On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 10:24:46 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> Much of the country will see Chargers-Cincinnati at 1 pm ET, but I won't
> because the local team (Eagles) happens to be playing at the Jets at 1
> pm, so that's the game that the local CBS station will be carrying. Darn.
>
> https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=13
>
> BTW, Ian Eagle is doing the play-by-play for the Chargers game, and
> whenever I see his name I feel bad because he's no longer paired with
> Dan Fouts. I was really surprised when CBS declined to renew his
> contract a few years ago. Was he really not a good color commentator? I
> loved listening to him, but mostly because he's Dan Fouts.
>
> --Robin

I liked the Eagle-Fouts combo as well. The news story I found said that Fouts' contract expired after the 2019 season and CBS decided not to renew, bringing in Charles Davis as a replacement. Awful Announcing readers had ranked the Eagle-Fouts combo as the fourth best NFL booth in 2019, while Davis and Kevin Burkhardt on Fox ranked sixth: https://awfulannouncing.com/orig/the-2019-nfl-announcer-rankings.html

Michael

Re: TV distribution maps for Sunday, Dec. 5

<j0qf4sFr49qU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1653&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1653

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 18:34:47 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 23:34 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 10:24:46 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> Much of the country will see Chargers-Cincinnati at 1 pm ET, but I won't
>> because the local team (Eagles) happens to be playing at the Jets at 1
>> pm, so that's the game that the local CBS station will be carrying. Darn.
>>
>> https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=13
>>
>> BTW, Ian Eagle is doing the play-by-play for the Chargers game, and
>> whenever I see his name I feel bad because he's no longer paired with
>> Dan Fouts. I was really surprised when CBS declined to renew his
>> contract a few years ago. Was he really not a good color commentator? I
>> loved listening to him, but mostly because he's Dan Fouts.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> I liked the Eagle-Fouts combo as well. The news story I found said that Fouts' contract expired after the 2019 season and CBS decided not to renew, bringing in Charles Davis as a replacement. Awful Announcing readers had ranked the Eagle-Fouts combo as the fourth best NFL booth in 2019, while Davis and Kevin Burkhardt on Fox ranked sixth: https://awfulannouncing.com/orig/the-2019-nfl-announcer-rankings.html
>
> Michael

I remember reading a news story in which Fouts said that he was
surprised by the decision. He certainly sounded like he wanted to
continue. Maybe the network wanted to get "younger" with its announcers,
but I miss him a lot.

--Robin

Re: TV distribution maps for Sunday, Dec. 5

<j0qtmtFtm0iU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1654&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1654

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 22:43:19 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 2 Dec 2021 03:43 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> phlash74 wrote:
>> On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 10:24:46 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>>> Much of the country will see Chargers-Cincinnati at 1 pm ET, but I won't
>>> because the local team (Eagles) happens to be playing at the Jets at 1
>>> pm, so that's the game that the local CBS station will be carrying.
>>> Darn.
>>>
>>> https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=13
>>>
>>> BTW, Ian Eagle is doing the play-by-play for the Chargers game, and
>>> whenever I see his name I feel bad because he's no longer paired with
>>> Dan Fouts. I was really surprised when CBS declined to renew his
>>> contract a few years ago. Was he really not a good color commentator? I
>>> loved listening to him, but mostly because he's Dan Fouts.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>>
>> I liked the Eagle-Fouts combo as well. The news story I found said
>> that Fouts' contract expired after the 2019 season and CBS decided not
>> to renew, bringing in Charles Davis as a replacement. Awful Announcing
>> readers had ranked the Eagle-Fouts combo as the fourth best NFL booth
>> in 2019, while Davis and Kevin Burkhardt on Fox ranked sixth:
>> https://awfulannouncing.com/orig/the-2019-nfl-announcer-rankings.html
>>
>> Michael
>>

> I remember reading a news story in which Fouts said that he was
> surprised by the decision. He certainly sounded like he wanted to
> continue. Maybe the network wanted to get "younger" with its announcers,
> but I miss him a lot.
>
> --Robin

BTW, that was a really interesting article, Michael. Thanks for posting
it. Ranked 4 out of 14 by readers and still broken up by CBS. So sad.
This short description is perfect: "The Bird and the Beard work so well
together, and manage to call the game, entertain viewers (and each
other), and provide top-notch analysis."

--Robin