From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Keenan Allen placed on COVID-19 list; injury updates
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 17:19:50 -0500
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.10
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 22:19 UTC

Field Yates @FieldYates

The Chargers placed WR Keenan Allen on the COVID-19 list.

Daniel Popper @danielrpopper

Austin Ekeler is dealing with "bumps and bruises" but is expected to be
back at practice this week, according to Brandon Staley.

DL Justin Jones has both a knee and an ankle injury and will be limited
in practice this week, Brandon Staley said.

5:00 PM · Dec 6, 2021

Re: Keenan Allen placed on COVID-19 list; injury updates

<j17gqoFc1atU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1672&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1672

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 17:23:18 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 22:23 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> Field Yates @FieldYates
>
> The Chargers placed WR Keenan Allen on the COVID-19 list.
>

> Daniel Popper  @danielrpopper
>
> Austin Ekeler is dealing with "bumps and bruises" but is expected to be
> back at practice this week, according to Brandon Staley.
>
> DL Justin Jones has both a knee and an ankle injury and will be limited
> in practice this week, Brandon Staley said.
>
> 5:00 PM · Dec 6, 2021

Daniel Popper @danielrpopper

Brandon Staley on Keenan Allen being placed on COVID-19 list: "He’s
day-to-day right now, and hopefully we’ll have some good news on him in
the next few days.”

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1467981648373248006

Re: Keenan Allen placed on COVID-19 list; injury updates

<j17povFdlr3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1673&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1673

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 19:55:56 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 00:55 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> Field Yates @FieldYates
>>
>> The Chargers placed WR Keenan Allen on the COVID-19 list.
>>

>> Daniel Popper  @danielrpopper
>>
>> Austin Ekeler is dealing with "bumps and bruises" but is expected to
>> be back at practice this week, according to Brandon Staley.
>>
>> DL Justin Jones has both a knee and an ankle injury and will be
>> limited in practice this week, Brandon Staley said.
>>
>> 5:00 PM · Dec 6, 2021
>

> Daniel Popper  @danielrpopper
>
> Brandon Staley on Keenan Allen being placed on COVID-19 list: "He’s
> day-to-day right now, and hopefully we’ll have some good news on him in
> the next few days.”
>
> https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1467981648373248006

Here's a good round-up:

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news/chargers-wr-keenan-allen-placed-on-covid-list

Chargers WR Keenan Allen Placed on COVID List

Chargers receiver was placed on the list Monday afternoon

Fernando Ramirez

On Monday afternoon, the Chargers placed star receiver Keenan Allen on
the COVID list.

“He’s day-to-day right now, and hopefully we’ll have some good news on
him in the next few days,” Chargers head coach Brandon Staley said.

Allen is vaccinated and still has a chance to play on Sunday. He just
needs to have two negative tests 24 hours apart to play against the Giants.

Allen has been a big part of the Chargers offense again this season. He
has recorded 86 catches for 929 yards and four touchdowns. He is coming
off a two-touchdown performance against the Cincinnati Bengals.

The Chargers have a short week after the Giants matchup it is a quick
turnaround to play the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday Night Football.

According to NFL Network, Allen was one of 11 players that were placed
on the COVID list on Monday.

Injury Roundup

Staley mentioned that edge rusher Joey Bosa was cleared on Sunday and
didn’t have a concussion. He is day-to-day, and he anticipates seeing
the edge rusher practice on Wednesday.

According to Staley, defensive tackle Justin Jones went out with a knee
and ankle injury. He said he expects Jones to practice in a limited
capacity.

Running back Austin Ekeler walked off limping late in the fourth
quarter. Staley said, “just a lot of bumps and bruises from the game,”
and he expects the running back to practice on Wednesday.

Defensive tackle Linval Joseph is on the COVID list, but Staley expects
him to be back at practice on Wednesday.

Rookie cornerback Asante Samuel Jr. is still in concussion protocol.