From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Parham update (good news)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 13:45:15 -0500
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.10.1
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 18:45 UTC

Los Angeles Chargers @chargers

Update: Tight End Donald Parham Jr. stayed overnight at UCLA Harbor
Medical Center for observation after being diagnosed with a concussion.
He is resting comfortably, alert and will likely be discharged from the
hospital later today.

12:53 PM · Dec 17, 2021

Re: Parham update (good news)

<3532db9a-225f-4520-ac61-712c6917e838n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1719&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1719

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:30:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Parham update (good news)
From: phlas...@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 19:30 UTC

On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 10:45:24 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> Los Angeles Chargers @chargers
>
> Update: Tight End Donald Parham Jr. stayed overnight at UCLA Harbor
> Medical Center for observation after being diagnosed with a concussion.
> He is resting comfortably, alert and will likely be discharged from the
> hospital later today.
>
> 12:53 PM · Dec 17, 2021

Great news. That scene last night was incredibly scary, reminded me of Mike Utley of the Lions many years ago.

Someone on Twitter shared this video of a doctor explaining the injury and the reflexive nature of the arm positioning and movements exhibited by Parham in the immediate aftermath and as he was being stretchered away: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rlzokY2pZY - it's about 6 minutes long but well worth the watch.

Michael

Re: Parham update (good news)

<j24esqFt246U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1723&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1723

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 16:48:04 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 21:48 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 10:45:24 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> Los Angeles Chargers @chargers
>>
>> Update: Tight End Donald Parham Jr. stayed overnight at UCLA Harbor
>> Medical Center for observation after being diagnosed with a concussion.
>> He is resting comfortably, alert and will likely be discharged from the
>> hospital later today.
>>
>> 12:53 PM · Dec 17, 2021
>
> Great news. That scene last night was incredibly scary, reminded me of Mike Utley of the Lions many years ago.
>
> Someone on Twitter shared this video of a doctor explaining the injury and the reflexive nature of the arm positioning and movements exhibited by Parham in the immediate aftermath and as he was being stretchered away: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rlzokY2pZY - it's about 6 minutes long but well worth the watch.
>
> Michael

Another update:

Daniel Popper @danielrpopper

Donald Parham's mother arrived in LA this morning and has joined her son
at UCLA Harbor Medical Center, per Brandon Staley.

Staley has not talked to Parham directly yet but hopes to later today.
"It was encouraging news throughout the night," Staley said.

--Robin

Re: Parham update (good news)

<j25g67F4bo1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1724&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1724

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 02:16:17 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 07:16 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> phlash74 wrote:
>> On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 10:45:24 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>>> Los Angeles Chargers @chargers
>>>
>>> Update: Tight End Donald Parham Jr. stayed overnight at UCLA Harbor
>>> Medical Center for observation after being diagnosed with a concussion.
>>> He is resting comfortably, alert and will likely be discharged from the
>>> hospital later today.
>>>
>>> 12:53 PM · Dec 17, 2021
>>
>> Great news. That scene last night was incredibly scary, reminded me of
>> Mike Utley of the Lions many years ago.
>>
>> Someone on Twitter shared this video of a doctor explaining the injury
>> and the reflexive nature of the arm positioning and movements
>> exhibited by Parham in the immediate aftermath and as he was being
>> stretchered away: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rlzokY2pZY - it's
>> about 6 minutes long but well worth the watch.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Another update:
>
> Daniel Popper @danielrpopper
>
> Donald Parham's mother arrived in LA this morning and has joined her son
> at UCLA Harbor Medical Center, per Brandon Staley.
>
> Staley has not talked to Parham directly yet but hopes to later today.
> "It was encouraging news throughout the night," Staley said.
>

> --Robin

And here's a social media post by Parham (or someone on his account):

https://twitter.com/Jiggydd_89/status/1471977766853644292

--Robin