Ever feel like life was a game and you had the wrong instruction book?

sport / rec.autos.sport.f1 / Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursday

SubjectAuthor
* Vettel had a busy day last ThursdayBrian Lawrence
+* Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursdaybuild
|+- Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursdaygeoff
|+* Re: Vettel had a busy day last ThursdayBrian Lawrence
||`* Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursdaybuild
|| `- Re: Vettel had a busy day last ThursdayBrian Lawrence
|`* Re: Vettel had a busy day last ThursdayBigbird
| +- Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursdaytexas gate
| `- Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursdaytexas gate
`- Re: Vettel had a busy day last ThursdayInky Black

1
Vettel had a busy day last Thursday

<je9bm5FopmaU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17228&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17228

From: Brian_W_...@msn.com (Brian Lawrence)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Vettel had a busy day last Thursday
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 10:39:18 +0100
 by: Brian Lawrence - Sat, 14 May 2022 09:39 UTC

<https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2022/05/13/sebastian-vettel-no-hypocrite-elevating-athlete-activism-better/>

"It is too glib, too uncharitable, to dismiss Sebastian Vettel as a
hypocrite for expressing his ecological awareness on Question Time. Yes,
he drives a car that burns through fuel at a rate of 220lbs an hour, and
yes, his journeys to 23 races a year necessitate an air travel regime
that would challenge Michael Palin.

But before accusing him of sanctimony for airing his environmental
concerns on national TV, it is worth considering how he had used the
hours prior to his surprise appearance at the BBC’s Hackney studio.

The four-time world champion had spent his morning not at a five-star
hotel but at Her Majesty’s Prison Feltham, opening a car repair workshop
for young offenders and telling them that “prejudice” should not deter
them from contemplating careers in Formula One after their release.

He later made his way into central London not by chauffeur-driven car,
but on South West Trains. It was all as a prelude to joining the panel
on a notoriously unpredictable current affairs show, fielding questions
on everything from ‘Partygate’ to the Northern Ireland Protocol, all in
his second language. These are the standards to which many would like to
hold their MPs, never mind an F1 driver.

......"

Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursday

<4ee8b256-f402-4977-914a-30910163dd3fn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17259&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17259

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 21:53:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursday
From: bui...@gmail.com (build)
 by: build - Sun, 15 May 2022 04:53 UTC

On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 7:39:21 PM UTC+10, Brian Lawrence wrote:
> <https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2022/05/13/sebastian-vettel-no-hypocrite-elevating-athlete-activism-better/>
>
> "It is too glib, too uncharitable, to dismiss Sebastian Vettel as a
> hypocrite for expressing his ecological awareness on Question Time. Yes,
> he drives a car that burns through fuel at a rate of 220lbs an hour, and
> yes, his journeys to 23 races a year necessitate an air travel regime
> that would challenge Michael Palin.
>
> But before accusing him of sanctimony for airing his environmental
> concerns on national TV, it is worth considering how he had used the
> hours prior to his surprise appearance at the BBC’s Hackney studio.
>
> The four-time world champion had spent his morning not at a five-star
> hotel but at Her Majesty’s Prison Feltham, opening a car repair workshop
> for young offenders and telling them that “prejudice” should not deter
> them from contemplating careers in Formula One after their release.
>
> He later made his way into central London not by chauffeur-driven car,
> but on South West Trains. It was all as a prelude to joining the panel
> on a notoriously unpredictable current affairs show, fielding questions
> on everything from ‘Partygate’ to the Northern Ireland Protocol, all in
> his second language. These are the standards to which many would like to
> hold their MPs, never mind an F1 driver.
>
> ....."

Seb has been speaking English his entire life. Since, say F3, most of his communication is in English. Saying it's his second language in the way you did is wrong. If anything German is his second language.

Are you multi-lingual? i presume not.

build

Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursday

<6eydnSG2a-8oER3_nZ2dnUU7-T3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17266&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17266

Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 17:16:32 +1200
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Sun, 15 May 2022 05:16 UTC

On 15/05/2022 4:53 pm, build wrote:

>> ....."
>
> Seb has been speaking English his entire life. Since, say F3, most of his communication is in English. Saying it's his second language in the way you did is wrong. If anything German is his second language.

His initial only language was German. English is his 'second language',
no matter how long for, how much, or how well he speaks and thinks in it.

> Are you multi-lingual? i presume not.

I am (tri-), or at least was to a reasonable level of proficiency at one
point. Now somewhat diminished. Hardly relevant.

geoff

Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursday

<jebmg1F7t87U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17269&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17269

From: Brian_W_...@msn.com (Brian Lawrence)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 07:56:02 +0100
 by: Brian Lawrence - Sun, 15 May 2022 06:56 UTC

On 15/05/2022 05:53, build wrote:
> On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 7:39:21 PM UTC+10, Brian Lawrence wrote:
>> <https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2022/05/13/sebastian-vettel-no-hypocrite-elevating-athlete-activism-better/>
>>
>> "It is too glib, too uncharitable, to dismiss Sebastian Vettel as a
>> hypocrite for expressing his ecological awareness on Question Time. Yes,
>> he drives a car that burns through fuel at a rate of 220lbs an hour, and
>> yes, his journeys to 23 races a year necessitate an air travel regime
>> that would challenge Michael Palin.
>>
>> But before accusing him of sanctimony for airing his environmental
>> concerns on national TV, it is worth considering how he had used the
>> hours prior to his surprise appearance at the BBC’s Hackney studio.
>>
>> The four-time world champion had spent his morning not at a five-star
>> hotel but at Her Majesty’s Prison Feltham, opening a car repair workshop
>> for young offenders and telling them that “prejudice” should not deter
>> them from contemplating careers in Formula One after their release.
>>
>> He later made his way into central London not by chauffeur-driven car,
>> but on South West Trains. It was all as a prelude to joining the panel
>> on a notoriously unpredictable current affairs show, fielding questions
>> on everything from ‘Partygate’ to the Northern Ireland Protocol, all in
>> his second language. These are the standards to which many would like to
>> hold their MPs, never mind an F1 driver.
>>
>> ....."
>
> Seb has been speaking English his entire life. Since, say F3, most of his communication is in English. Saying it's his second language in the way you did is wrong. If anything German is his second language.
>
> Are you multi-lingual? i presume not.
>
> build

Are you clueless? I didn't write the article, I was quoting from a DT
article, written by a journo.

Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursday

<f53a0957-b81a-4b61-927f-8f93c704b773n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17273&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17273

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 02:10:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: bui...@gmail.com (build)
 by: build - Sun, 15 May 2022 09:10 UTC

On Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 4:56:04 PM UTC+10, Brian Lawrence wrote:
> On 15/05/2022 05:53, build wrote:
> > On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 7:39:21 PM UTC+10, Brian Lawrence wrote:
> >> <https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2022/05/13/sebastian-vettel-no-hypocrite-elevating-athlete-activism-better/>
> >>
> >> "It is too glib, too uncharitable, to dismiss Sebastian Vettel as a
> >> hypocrite for expressing his ecological awareness on Question Time. Yes,
> >> he drives a car that burns through fuel at a rate of 220lbs an hour, and
> >> yes, his journeys to 23 races a year necessitate an air travel regime
> >> that would challenge Michael Palin.
> >>
> >> But before accusing him of sanctimony for airing his environmental
> >> concerns on national TV, it is worth considering how he had used the
> >> hours prior to his surprise appearance at the BBC’s Hackney studio.
> >>
> >> The four-time world champion had spent his morning not at a five-star
> >> hotel but at Her Majesty’s Prison Feltham, opening a car repair workshop
> >> for young offenders and telling them that “prejudice” should not deter
> >> them from contemplating careers in Formula One after their release.
> >>
> >> He later made his way into central London not by chauffeur-driven car,
> >> but on South West Trains. It was all as a prelude to joining the panel
> >> on a notoriously unpredictable current affairs show, fielding questions
> >> on everything from ‘Partygate’ to the Northern Ireland Protocol, all in
> >> his second language. These are the standards to which many would like to
> >> hold their MPs, never mind an F1 driver.
> >>
> >> ....."
> >
> > Seb has been speaking English his entire life. Since, say F3, most of his communication is in English. Saying it's his second language in the way you did is wrong. If anything German is his second language.
> >
> > Are you multi-lingual? i presume not.
> >
> > build
> Are you clueless? I didn't write the article, I was quoting from a DT
> article, written by a journo.

Brian,
My apology's, I was clearly mistaken and withdraw the comment. Sorry.

build

Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursday

<jee5u5Fm9p8U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17294&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17294

From: Brian_W_...@msn.com (Brian Lawrence)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 06:31:50 +0100
 by: Brian Lawrence - Mon, 16 May 2022 05:31 UTC

On 15/05/2022 10:10, build wrote:
> On Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 4:56:04 PM UTC+10, Brian Lawrence wrote:

>>> Seb has been speaking English his entire life. Since, say F3, most of his communication is in English. Saying it's his second language in the way you did is wrong. If anything German is his second language.
>>>
>>> Are you multi-lingual? i presume not.
>>>
>>> build
>> Are you clueless? I didn't write the article, I was quoting from a DT
>> article, written by a journo.
>
> Brian,
> My apology's, I was clearly mistaken and withdraw the comment. Sorry.
>
> build

OK thanks.

FWIW the journo was Oliver Brown, the Telegraph's Chief Sports Writer.

Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursday

<xn0nhxvfe663v83000@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17296&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17296

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 16:18:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:18 UTC

build wrote:

> On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 7:39:21 PM UTC+10, Brian Lawrence wrote:
> > <https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2022/05/13/sebastian-vettel-n
> > o-hypocrite-elevating-athlete-activism-better/>
> >
> > "It is too glib, too uncharitable, to dismiss Sebastian Vettel as a
> > hypocrite for expressing his ecological awareness on Question Time.
> > Yes, he drives a car that burns through fuel at a rate of 220lbs an
> > hour, and yes, his journeys to 23 races a year necessitate an air
> > travel regime that would challenge Michael Palin.
> >
> > But before accusing him of sanctimony for airing his environmental
> > concerns on national TV, it is worth considering how he had used
> > the hours prior to his surprise appearance at the BBC’s Hackney
> > studio.
> >
> > The four-time world champion had spent his morning not at a
> > five-star hotel but at Her Majesty’s Prison Feltham, opening a car
> > repair workshop for young offenders and telling them that
> > “prejudice” should not deter them from contemplating careers in
> > Formula One after their release.
> >
> > He later made his way into central London not by chauffeur-driven
> > car, but on South West Trains. It was all as a prelude to joining
> > the panel on a notoriously unpredictable current affairs show,
> > fielding questions on everything from ‘Partygate’ to the Northern
> > Ireland Protocol, all in his second language. These are the
> > standards to which many would like to hold their MPs, never mind an
> > F1 driver.
> >
> > ....."
>
> Seb has been speaking English his entire life. Since, say F3, most of
> his communication is in English. Saying it's his second language in
> the way you did is wrong. If anything German is his second language.
>
> Are you multi-lingual? i presume not.

My compliments sir, I have rarely seen a dick so large and all entirely
your own work; you give a whole new, more phallic, interpretation to
the term, self made.

--
Bozo Bin
Alan Baker
Texasgate

Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursday

<e6df9806-629d-49ad-9f90-b7f4b1a4585fn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17298&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17298

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 09:56:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Mon, 16 May 2022 16:56 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 10:18:55 AM UTC-6, Bigbird wrote:

> My compliments sir, I have rarely seen a dick so large and all entirely
> your own work; you give a whole new, more phallic, interpretation to
> the term, self made.

go fuck yourself idiot

Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursday

<331a1ccc-4376-4fb5-ae9c-6ab7205ed790n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17299&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17299

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 10:02:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: texasg...@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Mon, 16 May 2022 17:02 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 10:18:55 AM UTC-6, Bigbird wrote:

> I have rarely seen a dick so large

and this is coming from a guy that has seen a lot of dicks

Re: Vettel had a busy day last Thursday

<db169fa2-d274-44ab-800a-4d37c1b03b43n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17625&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17625

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 11:30:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: jeffrose...@gmail.com (Inky Black)
 by: Inky Black - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 18:30 UTC

Thanks for the fab info and so good to see your name after all of these years. I have no idea what name I'm posting under. I'm Jefferson Rose, once Inky Black and other names?