Keep grandma off the streets -- legalize bingo.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers / Re: Slater comes off Covid list but 7 players go onto list

SubjectAuthor
* Slater comes off Covid list but 7 players go onto listRobin Miller
+* Re: Slater comes off Covid list but 7 players go onto listEddie Grove
|`- Re: Slater comes off Covid list but 7 players go onto listRobin Miller
`* Re: Slater comes off Covid list but 7 players go onto listEddie Grove
 `- Re: Slater comes off Covid list but 7 players go onto listRobin Miller

1
Slater comes off Covid list but 7 players go onto list

<j2cotoFglmpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1725&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1725

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Slater comes off Covid list but 7 players go onto list
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 20:28:21 -0500
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.10.1
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 01:28 UTC

RM: Popper said earlier that Ekeler was also placed on the Covid list,
but it looks like that might not be correct.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The Chargers have claimed former #Broncos CB Essang Bassey, source said.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news/chargers-place-seven-players-on-the-covid-list-including-bosa-and-linsley

Chargers Place Seven Players on the COVID List Including Bosa and Linsley

Chargers learned on Monday about the new Covid protocols.

Fernando Ramirez
Dec. 20, 2021

The Chargers had to place seven players on the COVID list Monday. The
players are edge rusher Joey Bosa, center Corey Linsley, edge rusher
Chris Rumph, cornerback Tevaughn Campbell, cornerback Kemon Hall, safety
Trey Marshall and returner Andre Roberts.

That means five defensive, one offensive, and one special team player
will be on the list. When head coach Brandon Staley spoke to the media,
there were fewer names, but he did give an update.

"For the game this week, Joey Bosa and Kemon Hall will be out for the
game," Staley said.

So officially, they will be without their starting edge rusher and one
of their better special teams' players. Everyone else is day to day,
according to Staley.

"I think everything is kind of hour to hour right now, we kind of had
our initial meetings this morning, and then we'll just have to wait and
see as the week progresses, how that list either decreases or
increases," Staley said.

Staley mentioned that the team went through the new COVID protocols that
the league put in place on Monday.

A new rule is that if a vaccinated player tests positive but is
asymptomatic and can produce a negative test before being cleared, they
can return before they needed two tests in a 48-hour span.

"I think it's just good strategy in terms of altering the return to play
mechanism, especially with the vaccinated," Staley explained. "I think
they've done a really nice job of following the data, following the
science in terms of how this is expressing itself within the league.
There's been so many asymptomatic positive cases. I think what they're
trying to do is avoid the asymptomatic positives, those people not being
able to play in the game, so I think altering their stance is what you
need to do."

Bosa is unvaccinated, so that is maybe why Staley ruled him out for
Sunday. He now needs to quarantine for 10 days according to the new
rules. Now a vaccinated player like Linsley still has a chance to play
Sunday.

Without Bosa, it makes things difficult for the pass rush because he has
been on a tear lately, having 9.5 sacks this season and having one in
seven of the last nine games.

"It's going to be a team operation," Staley said. "You're going to be
borrowing from a couple places, and you're just going to have to have a
lot of hybrid type groupings available. It's going to be all hands on deck."

The positive news is that left tackle Rashawn Slater is off the COVID
list and was back at practice on Monday.

Parham Update

Chargers tight end Donald Parham suffered that terrible head injury last
Thursday night against the Chiefs. Staley said he spoke to the tight end
three times since he was discharged from the hospital Saturday.

"He is safe and sound," Staley said.

He was diagnosed with a concussion and will take time to recover.

"I know his spirits are high, and it's been great to know that he's well
and that he's on his way to recovery," Staley said.

Pro Bowl Voting

The Pro Bowl Voting list came out for the top vote-getters in the AFC
and NFC. It was surprising when the top quarterback in the AFC was
Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert with 213,904.

The other surprising player was rookie left tackle Rashawn Slater as the
leading vote receiver for tackles in the AFC.

Both players are cornerstone players for the Chargers, so it is
significant for left tackle and quarterback to potentially be headed to
the pro bowl.

Re: Slater comes off Covid list but 7 players go onto list

<87h7b2is0k.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1726&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1726

From: eddiegr...@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 18:57:47 -0800
 by: Eddie Grove - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 02:57 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:

> RM: Popper said earlier that Ekeler was also placed on the Covid list,
> but it looks like that might not be correct.

This also says Ekeler uncertain.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/20/joey-bosa-out-this-week-rashawn-slater-activated-off-covid-19-reserve/

The Chargers will not have defensive end Joey Bosa in the lineup when they face the Texans in Week 16.

Chargers head coach Brandon Staley confirmed a report that Bosa was
going on the COVID-19 reserve list and said that he will not be cleared
from the list in time to play. Bosa missed five days as an unvaccinated
close contact last month and unvaccinated players must spend 10 days
away from the team before being eligible to return.

The Chargers also placed center Corey Linsley, wide receiver Andre
Roberts, cornerback Tevaughn Campbell, safety Trey Marshall, defensive
end Chris Rumph, and safety Kemon Hall on the list. Staley said that
Hall is out this week, but the others could return through testing.

The report about Bosa going on the list also included running back
Austin Ekeler, but that move has not been announced. Reporters at
Chargers practice noted that Ekeler was not in attendance.

While seven players went on the list, the Chargers did get one
back. Left tackle Rashawn Slater is back on the active roster.

Re: Slater comes off Covid list but 7 players go onto list

<j2d2m9Fi9tpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1727&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1727

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 23:15:03 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 04:15 UTC

Eddie Grove wrote:
> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:
>
>> RM: Popper said earlier that Ekeler was also placed on the Covid list,
>> but it looks like that might not be correct.
>
> This also says Ekeler uncertain.
>
> https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/20/joey-bosa-out-this-week-rashawn-slater-activated-off-covid-19-reserve/
>
> The Chargers will not have defensive end Joey Bosa in the lineup when they face the Texans in Week 16.
>
> Chargers head coach Brandon Staley confirmed a report that Bosa was
> going on the COVID-19 reserve list and said that he will not be cleared
> from the list in time to play. Bosa missed five days as an unvaccinated
> close contact last month and unvaccinated players must spend 10 days
> away from the team before being eligible to return.

Fucking Bosa. Just the shot(s).

--Robin

Re: Slater comes off Covid list but 7 players go onto list

<87mtksrmic.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1731&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1731

From: eddiegr...@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 20:08:43 -0800
 by: Eddie Grove - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 04:08 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:

> RM: Popper said earlier that Ekeler was also placed on the Covid list,
> but it looks like that might not be correct.

He's finally on the list.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/22/chargers-put-austin-ekeler-on-covid-19-reserve/

"That word came on Wednesday. Ekeler and wide receiver Jalen Guyton have
joined Bosa, Linsley, and five other members of the active roster on the
list."

Eddie

Re: Slater comes off Covid list but 7 players go onto list

<j2ie87Fj822U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1732&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1732

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 00:02:58 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 05:02 UTC

Eddie Grove wrote:
> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:
>
>> RM: Popper said earlier that Ekeler was also placed on the Covid list,
>> but it looks like that might not be correct.
>
> He's finally on the list.
>
> https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/22/chargers-put-austin-ekeler-on-covid-19-reserve/
>
> "That word came on Wednesday. Ekeler and wide receiver Jalen Guyton have
> joined Bosa, Linsley, and five other members of the active roster on the
> list."
>

> Eddie

Maybe he was exhibiting symptoms but not testing positive until today.

--Robin