From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Six Chargers make Pro Bowl
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 00:06:35 -0500
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.10.1
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 05:06 UTC

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/22/pro-bowl-roster-justin-herbert-keenan-allen-derwin-james/

The votes are in and there were six players from the Chargers named to
the 2022 Pro Bowl.

Justin Herbert, Joey Bosa, Keenan Allen, Rashawn Slater, Corey Linsley,
and Derwin James received the honor on Wednesday.

The Bolts tie for the most starters (5) and the second-most Pro Bowlers
in the NFL.

Herbert was named the AFC starter.

In addition, five others were named to alternates: Austin Ekeler (second
alternate), Mike Williams (third), Jared Cook (fourth), Gabe Nabers
(fourth), and Linval Joseph (fifth).

A total of 80 players were named to the AFC and NFC Pro Bowl teams, with
rosters determined by the consensus of votes of fans, players, and coaches.

The game will be played at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Feb. 6.

Here is the full team. Allen is the one non-starter:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-announces-nfc-afc-rosters-for-2022-pro-bowl-colts-lead-all-teams-with-7-players-020100662.html

The Colts had seven players make the cut, followed by both the Chargers
and Chiefs with six each. Both Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and
Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert made the AFC squad, along with
Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson.

Daniel Popper @danielrpopper

Austin Ekeler is second among NFL RBs in both TDs and scrimmage yards.
Should have made initial Pro Bowl roster and should be an All-Pro.

8:08 PM · Dec 22, 2021·

Re: Six Chargers make Pro Bowl

<j2jk58Fq8d9U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1735&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1735

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: Six Chargers make Pro Bowl
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 10:49:55 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 15:49 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/22/pro-bowl-roster-justin-herbert-keenan-allen-derwin-james/
>

> The votes are in and there were six players from the Chargers named to
> the 2022 Pro Bowl.
>
> Justin Herbert, Joey Bosa, Keenan Allen, Rashawn Slater, Corey Linsley,
> and Derwin James received the honor on Wednesday.
>
> The Bolts tie for the most starters (5) and the second-most Pro Bowlers
> in the NFL.
>
> Herbert was named the AFC starter.
>
> In addition, five others were named to alternates: Austin Ekeler (second
> alternate), Mike Williams (third), Jared Cook (fourth), Gabe Nabers
> (fourth), and Linval Joseph (fifth).
>
> A total of 80 players were named to the AFC and NFC Pro Bowl teams, with
> rosters determined by the consensus of votes of fans, players, and coaches.
>
> The game will be played at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Feb. 6.
>

> Here is the full team. Allen is the one non-starter:
>
> https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-announces-nfc-afc-rosters-for-2022-pro-bowl-colts-lead-all-teams-with-7-players-020100662.html
>

> The Colts had seven players make the cut, followed by both the Chargers
> and Chiefs with six each. Both Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and
> Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert made the AFC squad, along with
> Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson.
>

> Daniel Popper  @danielrpopper
>
> Austin Ekeler is second among NFL RBs in both TDs and scrimmage yards.
> Should have made initial Pro Bowl roster and should be an All-Pro.
>
> 8:08 PM · Dec 22, 2021·

Fernando Ramirez @RealFRamirez

Justin Herbert was named the AFC starter today. The last time the
Chargers had a quarterback starter in the pro bowl it was Hall of Fame
QB Dan Fouts in 1983.

The last time #Chargers had multiple offensive linemen make the pro bowl
was 2006 season. They have LT Rashawn Slater and C Corey Linsley going
this season

Re: Six Chargers make Pro Bowl

<a80e2ae2-60fd-42f4-9e04-92b1e5cf75c9n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1737&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1737

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 09:30:19 -0800 (PST)
From: phlas...@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:30 UTC

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 7:50:03 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
> >
> > https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/22/pro-bowl-roster-justin-herbert-keenan-allen-derwin-james/
> >

> > The votes are in and there were six players from the Chargers named to
> > the 2022 Pro Bowl.
> >
> > Justin Herbert, Joey Bosa, Keenan Allen, Rashawn Slater, Corey Linsley,
> > and Derwin James received the honor on Wednesday.
> >
> > The Bolts tie for the most starters (5) and the second-most Pro Bowlers
> > in the NFL.
> >
> > Herbert was named the AFC starter.
> >
> > In addition, five others were named to alternates: Austin Ekeler (second
> > alternate), Mike Williams (third), Jared Cook (fourth), Gabe Nabers
> > (fourth), and Linval Joseph (fifth).
> >
> > A total of 80 players were named to the AFC and NFC Pro Bowl teams, with
> > rosters determined by the consensus of votes of fans, players, and coaches.
> >
> > The game will be played at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Feb. 6.
> >

> > Here is the full team. Allen is the one non-starter:
> >
> > https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-announces-nfc-afc-rosters-for-2022-pro-bowl-colts-lead-all-teams-with-7-players-020100662.html
> >

> > The Colts had seven players make the cut, followed by both the Chargers
> > and Chiefs with six each. Both Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and
> > Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert made the AFC squad, along with
> > Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson.
> >

> > Daniel Popper @danielrpopper
> >
> > Austin Ekeler is second among NFL RBs in both TDs and scrimmage yards.
> > Should have made initial Pro Bowl roster and should be an All-Pro.
> >
> > 8:08 PM · Dec 22, 2021·
> >
> Fernando Ramirez @RealFRamirez
>
> Justin Herbert was named the AFC starter today. The last time the
> Chargers had a quarterback starter in the pro bowl it was Hall of Fame
> QB Dan Fouts in 1983.
>
> The last time #Chargers had multiple offensive linemen make the pro bowl
> was 2006 season. They have LT Rashawn Slater and C Corey Linsley going
> this season

Ah, 2006, when we all thought Marcus McNeill and Kris Dielman would be anchoring the Chargers' line for a decade.

Michael

Re: Six Chargers make Pro Bowl

<j2mk84Fdb0uU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1742&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1742

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 14:09:48 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 19:09 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 7:50:03 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> Robin Miller wrote:
>>>
>>> https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/22/pro-bowl-roster-justin-herbert-keenan-allen-derwin-james/
>>>

>>> The votes are in and there were six players from the Chargers named to
>>> the 2022 Pro Bowl.
>>>
>>> Justin Herbert, Joey Bosa, Keenan Allen, Rashawn Slater, Corey Linsley,
>>> and Derwin James received the honor on Wednesday.
>>>
>>> The Bolts tie for the most starters (5) and the second-most Pro Bowlers
>>> in the NFL.
>>>
>>> Herbert was named the AFC starter.
>>>
>>> In addition, five others were named to alternates: Austin Ekeler (second
>>> alternate), Mike Williams (third), Jared Cook (fourth), Gabe Nabers
>>> (fourth), and Linval Joseph (fifth).
>>>
>>> A total of 80 players were named to the AFC and NFC Pro Bowl teams, with
>>> rosters determined by the consensus of votes of fans, players, and coaches.
>>>
>>> The game will be played at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Feb. 6.
>>>

>>> Here is the full team. Allen is the one non-starter:
>>>
>>> https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-announces-nfc-afc-rosters-for-2022-pro-bowl-colts-lead-all-teams-with-7-players-020100662.html
>>>

>>> The Colts had seven players make the cut, followed by both the Chargers
>>> and Chiefs with six each. Both Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and
>>> Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert made the AFC squad, along with
>>> Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson.
>>>

>>> Daniel Popper @danielrpopper
>>>
>>> Austin Ekeler is second among NFL RBs in both TDs and scrimmage yards.
>>> Should have made initial Pro Bowl roster and should be an All-Pro.
>>>
>>> 8:08 PM · Dec 22, 2021·
>>>
>> Fernando Ramirez @RealFRamirez
>>
>> Justin Herbert was named the AFC starter today. The last time the
>> Chargers had a quarterback starter in the pro bowl it was Hall of Fame
>> QB Dan Fouts in 1983.
>>
>> The last time #Chargers had multiple offensive linemen make the pro bowl
>> was 2006 season. They have LT Rashawn Slater and C Corey Linsley going
>> this season
>
> Ah, 2006, when we all thought Marcus McNeill and Kris Dielman would be anchoring the Chargers' line for a decade.
>
> Michael

The Chargers have had a lot of bad luck (and made a lot of bad choices)
with the OL, between injury (these two and Roman Oben, for example),
early retirement (Hardwick), turning into a pumpkin (Jared Gaither),
free agents who didn't work out (Orlando Franklin), draft picks that
didn't work out (Feeney and Lamp most recently).

Here's the 2015 starting OL for the Chargers: Chris Hairston (LT),
Franklin (LG), Trevor Robinson (C), DJ Fluker (RG) and Joe Barksdale
(RT). Those guys were all young, but none of them amounted to much of
anything for the Chargers.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/2015_roster.htm

I didn't realize that Fluker is out of the league. Apparently he wasn't
re-signed by Baltimore after last season. Miami signed him but cut him
in August.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlukDJ00.htm

--Robin