From 0 to "what seems to be the problem officer" in 8.3 seconds. -- Ad for the new VW Corrado

sport / rec.autos.sport.f1 / Re: HAM and RUS at Monaco 2022

SubjectAuthor
* HAM and RUS at Monaco 2022geoff
+* Re: HAM and RUS at Monaco 2022Bigbird
|`- Re: HAM and RUS at Monaco 2022geoff
`- Re: HAM and RUS at Monaco 2022XYXPDQ

1
HAM and RUS at Monaco 2022

<34-dndtG-sm7tgn_nZ2dnUU7-cHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17546&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17546

Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 14:25:36 +1200
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
Subject: HAM and RUS at Monaco 2022
 by: geoff - Mon, 30 May 2022 02:25 UTC

RUS seemed unable to make significant gains on the car in front in the
latter stages. Maybe HAM just decided to cut his losses and settle for
being stuck behind ALO.

As in the rest of the season so far, HAM seems to have lost his mojo,
and instead of driving his heart out appears to put more energy (and
concentration) into moaning about everything.

geoff

Re: HAM and RUS at Monaco 2022

<xn0nihf8jq0pb1s001@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17558&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17558

From: bigbird....@gmail.com (Bigbird)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Re: HAM and RUS at Monaco 2022
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 13:43:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bigbird - Mon, 30 May 2022 13:43 UTC

geoff wrote:

> RUS seemed unable to make significant gains on the car in front in
> the latter stages. Maybe HAM just decided to cut his losses and
> settle for being stuck behind ALO.
>
> As in the rest of the season so far, HAM seems to have lost his mojo,
> and instead of driving his heart out appears to put more energy (and
> concentration) into moaning about everything.

In the race I watched, Hamilton pushed like hell for many laps to try
to pass both Ocon and then Alonso. Alonso was able to run 3 seconds off
the pace and still hold Lewis behind. I'm not sure what you expect;
it's Monaco.

I was a little disappointed they did not pit Russell when Lando came
in. It would have given the front runners something to think about and
a fastest lap shootout.

--
Bozo Bin
Alan Baker

Re: HAM and RUS at Monaco 2022

<607384b7-6934-4fb5-b9f4-d86fd19e4774n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17562&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17562

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 10:30:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: qwrtz...@gmail.com (XYXPDQ)
 by: XYXPDQ - Mon, 30 May 2022 17:30 UTC

> As in the rest of the season so far, HAM seems to have lost his mojo,
> and instead of driving his heart out appears to put more energy (and
> concentration) into moaning about everything.
>
> geoff

yep

Re: HAM and RUS at Monaco 2022

<r5mdnZcBNbbLqgj_nZ2dnUU7-c3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=17570&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#17570

Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 09:29:48 +1200
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Mon, 30 May 2022 21:29 UTC

On 31/05/2022 1:43 am, Bigbird wrote:
> geoff wrote:
>
>> RUS seemed unable to make significant gains on the car in front in
>> the latter stages. Maybe HAM just decided to cut his losses and
>> settle for being stuck behind ALO.
>>
>> As in the rest of the season so far, HAM seems to have lost his mojo,
>> and instead of driving his heart out appears to put more energy (and
>> concentration) into moaning about everything.
>>

> In the race I watched, Hamilton pushed like hell for many laps to try
> to pass both Ocon and then Alonso. Alonso was able to run 3 seconds off
> the pace and still hold Lewis behind. I'm not sure what you expect;
> it's Monaco.

Presumably HAM realised there was no point and simply gave up. Rather
that end up in a conflagration.

> I was a little disappointed they did not pit Russell when Lando came
> in. It would have given the front runners something to think about and
> a fastest lap shootout.

Yeah. Merc's strategies have always seemed either a bit late, inept, or
non-existent this year.

geoff