Give me a fish and I will eat today. Teach me to fish and I will eat forever.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants / What is wrong with the giants defense?---everything

SubjectAuthor
* What is wrong with the giants defense?---everythingjeffg...@webtv.net
`* Re: What is wrong with the giants defense?---everythingiommiRULES
 `* Re: What is wrong with the giants defense?---everythingTomW
  `- Re: What is wrong with the giants defense?---everythingiommiRULES

1
What is wrong with the giants defense?---everything

<f877598a-8983-44b3-a98c-b5ae916477d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1764&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1764

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 05:46:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: What is wrong with the giants defense?---everything
From: jeffgers...@webtv.net (jeffg...@webtv.net)
 by: jeffg...@webtv.net - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 12:46 UTC

https://nypost.com/2021/09/17/giants-defense-facing-a-myriad-of-problems/

I did not realize that Graham's defense with the dolphins in 2019 was last in scores allowed. No wonder Flores had no problem with letting him go to the giants.

Re: What is wrong with the giants defense?---everything

<5f8545e5-51b8-44b7-b97c-dbd991f7f549n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1765&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1765

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 07:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 14:27 UTC

On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 8:46:08 AM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> https://nypost.com/2021/09/17/giants-defense-facing-a-myriad-of-problems/
>
> I did not realize that Graham's defense with the dolphins in 2019 was last in scores allowed. No wonder Flores had no problem with letting him go to the giants.

I knew about his lack of a track record, he was relatively unknown and i was skeptical because now we have an unknown HC, and an unknown DC.....then after last year he took a defense that was HORRENDOUS for the last 3 years and made them a "B" unit, a turnaround rarely seen in 1 year. DG got credit too....Martinez, Bradberry, Logan......the coming of age of Leo....im not ready to kick Graham out the door after 2 bad weeks, but right now those are the ONLY weeks to go by for this season and this is a "what have you done for me lately" league...they rarely had a bad game last year. in fact they probably already MATCHED their bad game out put from ALL OF last year, but with no good games yet!....just hope it isnt fat cats part 2, which spags couldnt even fix.....i dont think so because these guys are still very young and hungry, we shall see...

Re: What is wrong with the giants defense?---everything

<7089a711-c888-4a6c-915b-61685c811f2fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1773&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1773

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 06:16:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: tlm...@gmail.com (TomW)
 by: TomW - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 13:16 UTC

On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 10:27:03 AM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 8:46:08 AM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > https://nypost.com/2021/09/17/giants-defense-facing-a-myriad-of-problems/
> >
> > I did not realize that Graham's defense with the dolphins in 2019 was last in scores allowed. No wonder Flores had no problem with letting him go to the giants.
> I knew about his lack of a track record, he was relatively unknown and i was skeptical because now we have an unknown HC, and an unknown DC.....then after last year he took a defense that was HORRENDOUS for the last 3 years and made them a "B" unit, a turnaround rarely seen in 1 year. DG got credit too....Martinez, Bradberry, Logan......the coming of age of Leo....im not ready to kick Graham out the door after 2 bad weeks, but right now those are the ONLY weeks to go by for this season and this is a "what have you done for me lately" league...they rarely had a bad game last year. in fact they probably already MATCHED their bad game out put from ALL OF last year, but with no good games yet!....just hope it isnt fat cats part 2, which spags couldnt even fix.....i dont think so because these guys are still very young and hungry, we shall see..
There is too much talent on this D to play this bad, it has to be Graham.

Re: What is wrong with the giants defense?---everything

<600f6c46-c207-4ecd-be4f-38f6f6902c96n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1776&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#1776

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:00:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkane...@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 19 Sep 2021 14:00 UTC

On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 9:16:02 AM UTC-4, TomW wrote:
> On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 10:27:03 AM UTC-4, iommiRULES wrote:
> > On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 8:46:08 AM UTC-4, jeffg...@webtv.net wrote:
> > > https://nypost.com/2021/09/17/giants-defense-facing-a-myriad-of-problems/
> > >
> > > I did not realize that Graham's defense with the dolphins in 2019 was last in scores allowed. No wonder Flores had no problem with letting him go to the giants.
> > I knew about his lack of a track record, he was relatively unknown and i was skeptical because now we have an unknown HC, and an unknown DC.....then after last year he took a defense that was HORRENDOUS for the last 3 years and made them a "B" unit, a turnaround rarely seen in 1 year. DG got credit too....Martinez, Bradberry, Logan......the coming of age of Leo....im not ready to kick Graham out the door after 2 bad weeks, but right now those are the ONLY weeks to go by for this season and this is a "what have you done for me lately" league...they rarely had a bad game last year. in fact they probably already MATCHED their bad game out put from ALL OF last year, but with no good games yet!....just hope it isnt fat cats part 2, which spags couldnt even fix.....i dont think so because these guys are still very young and hungry, we shall see..
> There is too much talent on this D to play this bad, it has to be Graham.

Well most would argue last year they played above their talent level and Graham was the toast of the town and high up on the list for next coordinater to get an HC job......perhaps this is a market correction but its still wait and see....just like i dont think the offense is going to go out and score 29 every game either....that was a surprise....dunno the over under on that game but im sure the over was an EASY win.