Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.nascar
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: NASCAR at Road America - hard to believe,,
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 08:14:54 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 15:14 UTC

NASCAR at Road America - hard to believe that the
Cup cars are 14 seconds slower around Road America
than a little 1 L Stohr! 61 cubic inches!

The SCCA DSR class (sports racer) regularly had pole
positions under 2.00. They have been renamed P1 & P2.
This year on June 18 the #26 of Chip Romer was 2:00.979

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2022/07/02/chase-elliott-chase-briscoe-kyle-larson-tyler-reddick-nascar-cup-series-qualifying-report-road-america/

NASCAR TALK | NBC SPORTS Select DriverSubscribe:
Road America Cup qualifying results: Chase Elliott wins pole
By Chris EstradaJul 2, 2022, 1:43 PM EDT

Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on
Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new
window)
0 Comments

Chase Elliott has won the pole position for Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series
race at Road America (3 p.m. ET, USA Network), claiming his second pole
of the season.

Elliott turned the fastest lap (2 minutes, 14.427 seconds) among the 10
drivers that advanced to the final round of qualifying from the
preceding two group sessions.

MORE: NASCAR Cup Series at Road America – Starting Lineup
MORE: NASCAR Cup Series at Road America – Qualifying Speeds
Last year at Road America, Elliott had to start 34th after two stoppages
in qualifying kept him from posting a lap. He was still able to win.

On Sunday, he’ll have a much clearer view coming to green as he tries to
repeat in Wisconsin.

by TaboolaPromoted Links
Ooni Pizza Ovens
Meet Ooni's Most Advanced Pizza Oven
NBCSports
Ty Gibbs outhustles Cup champ for Road America Xfinity win - NBC Sports
Wolf & Shepherd
Why Are Thousands of Men Switching to This Brand of Hybrid Dress Shoes?
NBCSports
Saturday Road America Xfinity race: Start time, TV info, weather - NBC
“It was a little more fun that I thought it was gonna be, for sure,”
Elliott told NBC Sports. “Hopefully, the results are the same tomorrow
as they were last year. That’s what’s important.

“…We’ll try to go to work and see if we can get it driving like it needs
to for tomorrow. I think it’s gonna be really, really hard to pass,
based on what I saw there in (Saturday) practice.

“It’d be nice to keep track position as long as we can. (It’s) always a
tough thing at road courses to manage that balance of what to do at what
time, so we’ll see.”

sport / rec.autos.sport.nascar / NASCAR at Road America - hard to believe,,