From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: And the season record prediction contest winner is ...
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 12:40:34 -0500
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.10.2
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 17:40 UTC

Eddie Grove! With the lowest prediction, of course.

:-)

Special mention to Jim Lehmann for predicting the kicker change.

Thanks, everyone, for participating.

--Robin

max headroom: 12-5

The guys could go 12-5 *with* no serious injuries, but, as I said
before, never underestimate the Chargers ability to break my heart. I am
worried about how excited I am about this team with Herbert at the helm.

With a tip of the hat to Michael for doing all the hard work, here are
my guesses--

@WFT W 1-0
DAL W 2-0
@KC L 2-1
LV W 3-1
CLE W 4-1
@BAL L 4-2
BYE
NE L 4-3
@PHI W 5-3
MIN W 6-3
PIT W 7-3
@DEN W 8-3
@CIN W 9-3
NYG W 10-3
KC L 10-4
@HOU W 11-4
DEN W 12-4
@LV L 12-5

Tweekgeek: 12-5

Things are very rosy... I'm going with 12-5... haha

Robin: 11-6

This season, I continue to drink the kool-aid, as I mostly have from the
beginning. The starters should be good to very good, but we have no real
idea since they didn't play in preseason. The reserves, on the other
hand, did play in the preseason games and did not look good. Despite all
that, I will hope that everything mostly goes right (Herbert and James
stay healthy, Staley turns out to be a good coach, and there aren't too
many injuries overall) and predict 11-6.

Rene: 10-7

10-7 Special teams will cost us 1 game, possibly 2.

phlash 74 (Michael): 10-7

Let's do this.

@WFT W 1-0
DAL W 2-0
@KC L 2-1
LV W 3-1
CLE L 3-2
@BAL L 3-3
NE W 4-3
@PHI L 4-4
MIN W 5-4
PIT L 5-5
@DEN W 6-5
@CIN W 7-5
NYG W 8-5
KC L 8-6
@HOU W 9-6
DEN W 10-6
@LV L 10-7

Chargers finish 2nd in the division at 10-7, sneak into the playoffs as
the #6 or #7 seed, then lose a heartbreaker on the road in the wild card
round.

Jim Lehmann: 10-7

Ok, slightly less optimistic than others, but way less pessimistic than
last year.I'll go 10-7 due to lack of Oline depth. When Bulaga gets hurt
they'll have to use Norton with help. That'll hurt the playbook.

Special teams costs 2-3 games, and we're signing a new kicker by game 5.

Eddie Grove: 9-8