From: Kaise...@gmail.com (KaiserD2)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Tottenham
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:24:45 -0400
 by: KaiserD2 - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 00:24 UTC

Can someone explain to me why Tottenham are getting two weeks off?
Thanks.

David K

Re: Tottenham

<c72a30604f26170092002a488113444f@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18380&group=rec.sport.soccer#18380

From: lauridse...@gmail.com (jlauridsen)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: Tottenham
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:55:16 +0000
 by: jlauridsen - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:55 UTC

KaiserD2 wrote:

> Can someone explain to me why Tottenham are getting two weeks off?

They were scheduled to play City this weekend - that is postponed due to
FA cup semifinals.

The midweek games next week, are postponed games from round 29. Spurs
wasn't postponed that round, so they aren't playing now. They do have
a postponed match against Chelsea from another round, but Chelsea are
playing Arsenal Tuesday, so that's not an option.

My first post from novabbs, btw. Let's see how it turns out.

Re: Tottenham

<uvu1bv$2ldi$6@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18383&group=rec.sport.soccer#18383

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:07:43 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:07 UTC

In article <c72a30604f26170092002a488113444f@www.novabbs.org>,
jlauridsen <lauridsen.jesper@gmail.com> wrote:
>KaiserD2 wrote:
>
>> Can someone explain to me why Tottenham are getting two weeks off?
>
>They were scheduled to play City this weekend - that is postponed due to
>FA cup semifinals.
>
>The midweek games next week, are postponed games from round 29. Spurs
>wasn't postponed that round, so they aren't playing now. They do have
>a postponed match against Chelsea from another round, but Chelsea are
>playing Arsenal Tuesday, so that's not an option.
>
>My first post from novabbs, btw. Let's see how it turns out.

So far so Good.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Tottenham

<xn0okrrswb0qpyo002@post.eweka.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18393&group=rec.sport.soccer#18393

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 23:12:20 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 22:12 UTC

jlauridsen wrote:

> KaiserD2 wrote:
>
> > Can someone explain to me why Tottenham are getting two
> > weeks off?
>
> They were scheduled to play City this weekend - that is
> postponed due to FA cup semifinals.
>
> The midweek games next week, are postponed games from round
> 29. Spurs wasn't postponed that round, so they aren't playing
> now. They do have a postponed match against Chelsea from
> another round, but Chelsea are playing Arsenal Tuesday, so
> that's not an option.

That postponed match against Chelsea is scheduled to take place
on Thursday 2nd May.

So Tottenham after having some time off will have three tough
Premier League games in a week, Sunday/Thursday/Sunday...
Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool. So it's just as well they get to
re-charge their batteries before that run of games!

> My first post from novabbs, btw. Let's see how it turns out.

We can see it anyway...

Re: Tottenham

<v01cbr$3sdv6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=18412&group=rec.sport.soccer#18412

From: wpich...@gmail.com (Werner Pichler)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 23:33:47 +0200
 by: Werner Pichler - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 21:33 UTC

On 19.04.2024 13:55, jlauridsen wrote:
> KaiserD2 wrote:
>
>>    Can someone explain to me why Tottenham are getting two weeks off?
>
> They were scheduled to play City this weekend - that is postponed due to
> FA cup semifinals.
>
> The midweek games next week, are postponed games from round 29. Spurs
> wasn't postponed that round, so they aren't playing now. They do have
> a postponed match against Chelsea from another round, but Chelsea are
> playing Arsenal Tuesday, so that's not an option.
>
> My first post from novabbs, btw. Let's see how it turns out.

I think the only 'drawback' is that you can't use blank spaces in your
user name. Everything else works just fine.
If they could just improve their search to sort by date, I believe
novaBBS would be the best web-based Google Groups alternative out there.

Ciao,
Werner