List of Chargers' free agents (26)

<j5gjj6Fk32fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1851&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1851

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: List of Chargers' free agents (26)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:10:38 -0500
Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.10.2
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 22:10 UTC

Per Daniel Hopper of The Athletic:

Unrestricterd free agents (four or more accrued seasons): 21

WR Mike Williams
LB Kyzir White
edge rusher Uchenna Nwosu
DL Justin Jones
DB Chris Harris Jr.
DL Linval Joseph
edge rusher Kyler Fackrell
TE Jared Cook
OG Oday Aboushi
DL Christian Covington
TE Stephen Anderson
RB Justin Jackson
OG Michael Schofield
QB Chase Daniel
C Scott Quessenberry
CB Ryan Smith
K Dustin Hopkins
LS Matt Overton
KR/PR Andre Roberts
OL Senio Kelemete
CB Davontae Harris

Restricted free agents (three accrued seasons): 2

DB Trey Marshall
P Ty Long

Exclusive rights free agents (less than three accrued seasons): 3

OT Storm Norton
TE Donald Parham
WR Jalen Guyton

Accrued seasons: Used to determine a player's free agency status
(unrestricted, restricted, exclusive rights). In order to accrue a
season, a player must have been on (or should have been on*) full-play
status for at least six regular-season games in a given season. A player
under contract must report to his team's training camp on his mandatory
reporting date in order to earn an accrued season. If player holds out
his services for a "material period of time," he is also at risk of not
accruing a season.

*When I write "or should have been on," note that this is the language
used in the CBA. Basically, in order to accrue a season, the player
needs to be on the team's active/inactive list, injured reserve or
reserve PUP for at least six regular-season games in a given season.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-free-agency-glossary-all-the-terms-you-need-to-know

[RM: The above is taken directly from the web page given, so the "I" is
the writer of that material.]

--Robin

Re: List of Chargers' free agents (26)

<j5gujvFm0l9U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=1853&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#1853

From: robin.mi...@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: List of Chargers' free agents (26)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 20:18:47 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 01:18 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> Per Daniel Hopper of The Athletic:

Popper, not Hopper!

--Robin